Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigar Smokers HERF

Default Cigar Smokers HERF

Here is an idea a HERF for all the members of the board.

A lot of great people here and would be awesome to have a board wide HERF.

I know that we all live in diffrent places but maybe we can all make a weekend out of it sometime. I think Airfare would be only major expense.

Winter is coming up ( or hear already for many of us ) so something like the warm temps of south Texas or Arizona could be a great change of pace.

Also in the summer I know there are places in the mountains of Pensylvannia ( Poconos ) where houses easilly fitting 10 people can be had for around $700 for the weekend. That option will let people enjoy the nature, BBQ, cigars, poker , etc

This is just an idea so I am really looking forward to see what people think, alternatives etc

That is a great idea, however I don't think we have the numbers to really facilitate something like that.

How about maybe doing something with cigarpass? I know they have a HERF going on in Vegas this summer that I would like to attend. I don't know if this would be possible, but I am just throwing ideas out there.

But yeah, I would love to attend a cigarsmokers HERF. During the summer I think might work best for most people.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I think we definately have the numbers here to do it. Difficulties on these things are always timing and location. If we do it during the winter it also limits locations. I find it is easier to try and locate it near to the most members who would attend. That means less people have far to travel and more people can make it.

I would go so far to suggest if a number of people were interested you could arrange a "fund" from everyone, so the local people who don't need to travel could assist those who need to? I don't care either way, if the timing was right I could always use airmiles ;)

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Blog Entries

Id like to see this happen sometime in 2007.

I'm going to (hopefully) be in NYC in late Feb / early March. Id like to at least get together with the NY/Jersey crew.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

That is an awesome idea, I don't know if I'd have the flow to be able to fly anywhere though.
    End of line.

Def keep me posted and we will put a nice HERF together

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Id like to see this happen sometime in 2007.

I'm going to (hopefully) be in NYC in late Feb / early March. Id like to at least get together with the NY/Jersey crew.

This would be very cool.

For me it's not so much the money as it is the time, especially if it's all the way on the other side of the Country.

Airfare is not an issue for me. I think I could fit chefchris in my carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Airfare is not an issue for me. I think I could fit chefchris in my carry on.
    that would help me out alot. just leave some bread and cigars in there. oh, and a toothbrush, so i can brush afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    that would help me out alot. just leave some bread and cigars in there. oh, and a toothbrush, so i can brush afterwards.
    and maybe some towelettes?

This is a pretty cool idea - time is a factor for me too. I'd like to be in on it though I'm likely to be in the DC area in 10/07.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    and maybe some towelettes?

This is a pretty cool idea - time is a factor for me too. I'd like to be in on it though I'm likely to be in the DC area in 10/07.
    I'd be in for NYC, Philly or somewhere around DC. I'll also be in DC around 10/07
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I'd like to meet at least one of you clowns face to face.

I'll need a far amount of notice to pull this off.

If I have the money to pull it off, I would love to attend. NYC/NJ area sounds fine with me.

Well, looks like there is a lot more interest than I figured. I would love to attend, but that is dependent on the time of year, and what is happening with work.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Until we can all get to a time/place where we can all get together, how about a "vitual herf". We can block out 2-5 hours on some given day for smoking (similar to WW's graduation smoke). This would be time dedicated to smoking and those who wanted- could post pics with a date/time stamp. We could have the chat room wide open during this time. In addition, we could do a raffle for some sort of youth program or disaster relief (like those poor bastards in the Philippines that recently lost everything). Raffle $$$ could go to a trusted source (Hex). FOGs and others such as myself could offer up prizes for the raffle. All in all a good time? Thoughts on this ???
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Until we can all get to a time/place where we can all get together, how about a "vitual herf". We can block out 2-5 hours on some given day for smoking (similar to WW's graduation smoke). This would be time dedicated to smoking and those who wanted- could post pics with a date/time stamp. We could have the chat room wide open during this time. In addition, we could do a raffle for some sort of youth program or disaster relief (like those poor bastards in the Philippines that recently lost everything). Raffle $$$ could go to a trusted source (Hex). FOGs and others such as myself could offer up prizes for the raffle. All in all a good time? Thoughts on this ???
    i like that. kinda like a Hands Across America thing, where you don't really know if everyone else is doing it, but you would like to think so. sounds good.

I'm not to into the virtual herf thing. But I'd be into a mini herf with some other BOTL while said virtual herf is going on.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

hmmm, might work if my wireless network reaches my smoking loft in the Garage... (which I doubt... shitty old laptop :( )

That said, Buffalo NY area would be dead easy for me as BPP and Bluesman know

NYC could be possible as well for a long weekend or something.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

I think hex should have to host regional herfs NYC, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, ...etc. or wherever the members want to host the herf and fly hex in. Bill and George should have to show up too.

Baron
    Remember to breathe

Blog Entries

I like this idea, would be easier for me to participate in, plus the added benefit of helping out a worthy cause. I spent some time in the Phillipines during my Navy days and I know how little most of the people have to start with so the recent events are a real bitch for them. But if not that cause, there are plenty of others.

Thread Information