Thread: Flor De Oliva...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Flor De Oliva...

I bought a bundle of these a few months back on recommendation.

I wanted a cheaper good smoke to fill the humi but mainly a nice yard gar...

I have tried them on 4 different occasions(I have 21 left) and I cannot stand them! They just seem very "stinky" for lack of a better term. I bought the Maduro..5x50 I think.

Do these get any better after possibly a few minutes? I have tried them a few times and just can't seem to like them. I put them out after maybe a half inch.

If any of you have any ideas let me know. Or if you like these and want to trade please let me know also! haha

I will be buying Roly's I think next time. However right now I have no space in the humi's so it will be a while.

2. Default

Ill take em. LMK what you want for them
    The older I get ,the better I was

You know...the bad thing about working in a cigar store, is that you tend to get 'spoiled' on good smokes. For the longest time, I used to turn my nose up, at the FdO bundles, simply because they were a bundled stick, and I was too new and stupid to cigars to know that you can get a good stick, in bundles. But after seeing customer after customer grab these things by the handful, I finally decided to give them a try...and am glad I did.

In my experience with these sticks, almost always, the first half inch or so is harsh, nasty and bitter.....BUT...once the cigar warms up, they settle down into a very good, tasty smoke. It's just getting them to that point, that can be painful...but I think it's worth it.

Just my humble opinion....YMMV

Scot

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiq View Post
    You know...the bad thing about working in a cigar store, is that you tend to get 'spoiled' on good smokes. For the longest time, I used to turn my nose up, at the FdO bundles, simply because they were a bundled stick, and I was too new and stupid to cigars to know that you can get a good stick, in bundles. But after seeing customer after customer grab these things by the handful, I finally decided to give them a try...and am glad I did.

In my experience with these sticks, almost always, the first half inch or so is harsh, nasty and bitter.....BUT...once the cigar warms up, they settle down into a very good, tasty smoke. It's just getting them to that point, that can be painful...but I think it's worth it.

Just my humble opinion....YMMV

Scot
    You are new but your comments seem honest.

I decided against selling them. I Am sending out a fiver to a fellow BOTL. I will give one another shot this week. If anything possibly make a trade or two.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    You are new but your comments seem honest.

I decided against selling them. I Am sending out a fiver to a fellow BOTL. I will give one another shot this week. If anything possibly make a trade or two.
    Great....now Kevin will be all over me, for jacking his trade..

bigpoppapuff Guest

scott is a regular at a few other bb's...he works at rockys,which is an account of mine...he's good peeps,as is his boss,mike,who posts as humidormg.....

welcome scott!!!!....

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiq View Post
    Great....now Kevin will be all over me, for jacking his trade..
    Nah Scot I was just offering to trade him some primos for the bundle cigars. If he wants to keep them he should and give them another try. Oliva makes some great product.

Welcome to the board bro
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information