Thread: Sosa Cigars

Default Sosa Cigars

Anyone tried any of these? The local place had a box when I was in other day and I had never heard of them, but picked up a few. I searched online, and found out some information on them, but no real opinions or reviews, just wandering if anyone here had smoked some of them?

I have never heard of them. Have you tried one yet?

No, I havnt tried one yet, I may get around to it this weekend though.

4. Default

Sosa,freinds of the Fuente Family. Cigars made by Fuente. Good cigars
    The older I get ,the better I was

I have heard that the person who started Sosa worked with the Fuente family. He asked if he could use the facilities to roll his own brand of cigars with his own tobacco in lieu of pay, and they agreed. He started making Sosa cigars, and it got a very good rating - 90 or 91 - in CA, and they started selling very well. I've had a few and they are good, solid cigars.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

My tobacconist gave me one to try and it was okay. Seemed to me that it had something missing. I kept waiting for a flavor to work in. It had hints of all the earthy and woody flavors but never peaked. It did smoke well thought. would I buy one? Not likely. It might be compared to a mild CAO MX2 if you have ever smoked one of them.

Good tasteing/smokeing medium bodied cigars on the lighter side.
    The higher end(more expensive) sosa's are better....I forgot the exact names.
    The high end maduro is great with a month rest at proper conditions......I like them fresh too.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

bigpoppapuff Guest

juan b sosa makes the sosa and macabi line.....with better marketing,this could have been a much more popular line......they're good cigars...maybe very good...with awful distribution...

Thread Information