Thread: Need help with choice of cigar.

Default Need help with choice of cigar.

I'm just getting into this cigar thing. I'm 22 and I'm having a little trouble finding the write handmade cigars. I'm looking for something that's has a sweet, chocolatey taste. Can anyone help me out with this. I don't want to go around wasting five bucks everyday trying to find the write one. I smoked a Don Diego yesterday and hated it. $5 bucks gone. Please help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I'm just getting into this cigar thing. I'm 22 and I'm having a little trouble finding the write handmade cigars. I'm looking for something that's has a sweet, chocolatey taste. Can anyone help me out with this. I don't want to go around wasting five bucks everyday trying to find the write one. I smoked a Don Diego yesterday and hated it. $5 bucks gone. Please help.
    Sancho Panza Double Maduro. They have become my every day smokes. Very reasonably priced and have that sweet, chocolaty taste you are looking for.

I would also recommend the Carlos Torano Virtuoso, They are more of a medium to full bodied smoke, but have that sweet chocolaty taste as well.

I had a 5 Vegas Series A the other day and I found it to have a sweet chocolaty taste.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

bigpoppapuff Guest

do you want a regular cigar with,possibly,chocolatey flavors...or do you want a flavored cigar??

tatiana,cojimar,and oliveros are the best,and all three,IIRC,have a chocolate...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    do you want a regular cigar with,possibly,chocolatey flavors...or do you want a flavored cigar??

tatiana,cojimar,and oliveros are the best,and all three,IIRC,have a chocolate...

That is what I was wondering also, because I know that there would be a big difference, plus just starting to smoke I would stay away from the more full bodied for right now, may make you a little ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishpoop View Post
    That is what I was wondering also, because I know that there would be a big difference, plus just starting to smoke I would stay away from the more full bodied for right now, may make you a little ill.
    No, I've smoked for a while. I'm a big pipe smoker, so it's not gonna kill me. And i've been smoking cigars for a while, just not the good stuff.

bigpoppapuff Guest

buy some mild/medium cigars from nicaragua,D.R.,and honduras....try to decide which profile you enjoy the most...try to keep a log of the smokes you're trying....

DO NOT TRY MACANUDO'S!!!

...snip...
    this is sort of a trick question... and the answer is, you don't want a flavored cigar.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

9. Default

I thought the Graycliff Pearl Label Crystal Taco had sort of a chocolatey taste. they are kinda expensive though at $11 a stick.

The CAO brazillia Gol's are not a bad cigar, can't go wrong there, also if you want a flavored cigar Drew Estates sells the JAVA flat pressed I have had one and I am not one for a flavored cigar at all so I didn't care much for it. I prefer the LFD Chisels or the VSG's

bigpoppapuff Guest

i would never suggest a chisel for a new cigar smoker...it'll kill him...

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    No, I've smoked for a while. I'm a big pipe smoker, so it's not gonna kill me. And i've been smoking cigars for a while, just not the good stuff.
    I just suggested the chisel after this post ;)

i would never suggest a chisel for a new cigar smoker...it'll kill him...
    Hey now, I tried a chisel after a couple months of smo....

No, wait. It made me vomit everywhere... Good call.

hey, pyrofish, i recognize your logo thingy as "black rose". i think i got it off some bands merch table. are you into music?

Yeah, Black Rose District clothing does merch for facedown records. Dave Quiggle is the artist that runs black rose...very talented.

I listen to all kinds of music, quite a bit of christian hard rock/metal/a little hardcore.

Oh and to be on topic, go for the Sancho Panza Double Maduros...cheap and tasty.

CAO makes some flavored cigars called Moontrance that come in a variety of flavors, but I can't remember if one of them is chocolate.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information