Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are we fighting???

Blog Entries

Hey Kevin!!

Good to see you too

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    I see my friends CoventryCat86 and ggiese are here along with others. Good to see you guys again
    Hey, Kevin!!! Good to see you too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    HEY you makin' fun of me 'cause I bought my Rolex off of eBay?

You are a mean, mean man George :

I'm gonna go lie on the couch and sulk all day AFTER I pick up my Rolex from the jeweler's from being serviced AND getting the crystal repaired that I smashed.
    I hope you didn't get one of those "genuine" Rolex's that sell for $19.99.... I think the same poster is selling the glass-top Cohiba's

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I hope you didn't get one of those "genuine" Rolex's that sell for $19.99.... I think the same poster is selling the glass-top Cohiba's
    Honest, no it's a real one. A model 6694, Stainless Steel one and it's OLD, probably from the late 1960s or early 1970s. Unfortunately it's NOT the "perpetual motion" or self winding one so I have to wind the damn thing every day. It keeps PERFECT time and I love it.

Mine has the black dial which makes for a nice looking watch BUT the black dial makes it hard to read especially since my vision is getting bad. I can't see a damn thing without a pair of drug store reading glasses.

Yeah you youngsters are probably snickering at me right now but just wait until YOU turn forty and see how funny you think this all is
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-24-2005 at 04:08 PM.

I've got the Rolex Submariner - black face / stainless steel. A present from my father. The self-winders are not all they crack up to be. Mine loses about 2 minutes a month....

The best watch I've ever owned came from the Seiko outlet - paid $99 for an $800.00 watch - The Titanium Kinetic. It's self winding mechanism actually charges a capacitor, which powers the watch. That baby has been right on (time wise), is durable as hell (it's my everyday watch - and I go through watches like crazy), and is nice looking.

I, too (I'm sorry to say) am starting to have trouble seeing the watch face as well - even with my reading glasses...

Roham... You don't know me and to include me in something that has nothing to do with me or you is stupid. "All save BKcloud", please tell me that is a typo.... if not I might just tell you to STFU .... I have never said anything bad about anybody on this board and I do not have any intentions on doing so unless it is done to me or my opinion is asked. You are sticking your nose in where it does not belong. I was banned from LTC for associating with certain people, not for what I said. Is that what you are attempting to turn this board into. Please find a post by me where I flamed somebody that makes this so unenjoyable for you. If ya can't find one I believe an apology is in order. Let's see how long it takes for our posts to be deleted or for us too be banned.....

Maybe I'll go back to the other BB's where there is no pansy ass bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Just for arguments sake.... Moheganson and bkcloud are the fourth and fifth people I was talking about.... The only reason I say they are your buddIES is because you all showed up within a week of each other and started disrupting this board.... All save BKcloud, but he says he knows you too. Alls I know is I use to enjoy this site, and these past few days have not been enjoyable to say the least...

edited for spelling, I know CC will find more

I'm reading through posts on the board and I come across a thread I had earlier read, but just glossed over. Then I read the thread in depth... And lo and behold - it's absolutely what I was talking about earlier...

I saw a little bit of fur fly - that would seem to be expected. Things seemed to be a bit uncomfortable for a time.

Oblik wrote:
    We need to get ahold of all the people who have had the pass so far to figure out what happpened to the Partagas.

Anyone want to come clean and tell us that you have them or that they "accidentaly" were left out when you shipped the box off and that you will send them to the next person in line?

Come on...that is just rediculous people...someone step up and tell us where they are and we will move on.
    Ashman writes:
    Oblik,

WOW! settle down...it will turn up, and if not, really what can you do about it. One or two sticks are really not worth getting all worked up about.

I can not definately verify that the Partagas was in the pass when I got it or not, it to long ago and to small of a detail for my memory. I know and posted what I took. I know and posrted what I put and a Partagas was not in either of my lists. I do not have one, and have not smoked one. So I know It was not me who removed it from the pass.

I personally gave in a humidor box to salvage the transport of the pass and put in extra sticks, above my number of takes, in the this pass.

I was having fun with it until all of the finger pointing...
    And, of course, no one fessed up to the disappearance.

But, Cocky wrote:
    Hey guys, no biggie. This is the first one. We all have some learning to do (whoever took them just needs to know that it is not acceptable behavior). If it happens again, they won't be included in the next pass.

Let's get through it and move on to the next one. I wouldn't have put them in if I couldn't afford to lose them.
    So, Oblik being the great BOTL he is, steps up:

I feel really bad for what happened to the ISOMs so I decided to be generous. Here is what I did.

Takes:
    -Pinar
    -Carlos Torano Exodous 1959
    -Punch Gran Puro
    -Bohemia

Puts:
    -Cohiba Robusto ISOM(2003)
    -H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon
    -Cusano 18 Robusto
    -Joya De Nicaragua Antano Machito
    How very generous of brother Oblik. From what I've seen, it remains to be seen as to how generous he truly was... The issue of the faux Cohiba's from a previous trade has yet to be settled. It appeared to be in the right track, but now appears to be heading south quickly...

No Dave, everything that I have said here was said to you in the emails. If you would get the anger out of your eyes and read them for what they are you would see that.

Why do you continue to yell at me? You are very degrading, not that I care.
    ...from that post, it appears it will remain unresolved, PERIOD (his last comment, "not that I care" speaks volumes of what his intentions are in that matter).

Cocky - I'm a little shocked that you said the things you did to me in this thread when you lost two ISOM cigars in your box pass - at least it appears they're still missing... Did they ever turn up? No one seems to know what happened to them... I know - you said, "I wouldn't have put them into the pass if I couldn't afford to lose them." But, why should you be out any sticks in that pass? You were generous enough with your cigars to send them off for others to enjoy. I guess if the whole box turned up missing, that would be okay too?

This is why this bad trader list exists. You didn't know all the participants in this box pass. One of them could have easily just grabbed the box and disappeared. Someone could place a cheap cigar, claiming it to be valuable - and then professing ingnorance when asked about it. That would be especially troubling if it was later learned the person doing that did in fact know better. Wouldn't it have been nice to check to see if anyone was on that list before you sent out your cigars?

Oblik did a trade on another board and stiffed a member. Publicly, at first, he was talking about making it right. I haven't seen that happen. Now it appears he has no intention of making it right.

What if you were able to identify the person who took the ISOM's out of your box pass? And they said they would make it right? But they didn't. And you saw them on another board engaging in the same behavior they exhibited here. You mean to say you wouldn't be kind enough to let others know what the person had done?

Taking it a bit further - it appears Oblik has a reasonably sized collection of cigars, and has actively participated in several box passes here and on another board. It seems to me he has the means of repaying Dave Razz the smokes Dave is owed. But there is a stumbling block - Oblik now feels he is "owed" something. That's strikes me a bit odd... Owed what?

Oblik had been told by another member his cigars were counterfeit - yet he goes ahead and does a trade with Dave with the same cigars another member told him were counterfeit? And he feels he is "owed" something... C'mon!!!

I don't know about you and your sense of fairness, but for me - mistakes happen. The easiest way to make up for a mistake is to apologize, and square with the person who was on the receiving end of the mistake. By square, I mean send the person something that will make up for the mistake. This goes back to lessons we learned as children - admit you made the mistake, accept reponsibility (which includes making it good), and learn from the mistake.

8. Default

Well, that post about sums it up. I am one of many that have been burned by Carlos. He will always have a tough time trading, etc in the future I suppose..now on the other hand, if he was to come clean with those he has burned..including cockyhoskins....he may have a chance to remeed himself. He is way to immature for that to happen however.

I am off to the course....FORE!!!!!!!!!!

Moheganson Guest

Oblik, just make things right here, okay? This is NOT the Island of the Misfit Toys so you won't get away with it here.

You'd do yourself and this place a huge favor by just admitting your mistakes and rectifying them to the satisfaction of those whom you've burned.

Just a word of advice, listening to your buddies advice on the Island is NOT going to rectify things. If you want to listen to them then you will wind up like them, universally hated in the cigar community by everyone else and not welcome on any other cigar boards.

Personally as much as I'm not happy with you, I truly believe there is hope for you. You just have a lot of growing up to do and you need a heck of a lot more experience with cigars and with cigar BB's

Blog Entries

Top for jrewing and labmoney

C'mon I know you two MUST have something to add to this thread. And if you don't, I'm sure someone will bring the both of you up here.

Thread Information