Thread: Help with choice of Humidor.

Default Help with choice of Humidor.

TheNakedGun was nice enough to help me find this humidor that comes with an 8 cigar sampler. Just wanted to know what everyone else thinks about it. Also open to more suggestions.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...p?item=SP-CA06
    Last edited by chefchris; 09-06-2006 at 11:31 PM. Reason: forgot link.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    TheNakedGun was nice enough to help me find this humidor that comes with an 8 cigar sampler. Just wanted to know what everyone else thinks about it. Also open to more suggestions.
    link?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

also, i'm looking for my first humidor. what else would I need besides what comes with this? i've been reading about beads, hydrometers, and what not. What other necessities should i purchase?

also, i'm looking for my first humidor. what else would I need besides what comes with this? i've been reading about beads, hydrometers, and what not. What other necessities should i purchase?
    Humidors: http://www.cubancrafters.com/ If you hang around here very long you'll need at least a 100 - 150 count humidor.

Beads: http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/Beads.htm This is the only way to go.

Hygrometer: Ditch the analog and go to a digital hygrometer. Check out ebay for some good deals.

If you plan on hanging around you should post an intro in a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your smoking preferences.

Also check out the search function, there's lots of info to be read.

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...p?item=SP-CA06

Thats a pretty good deal if you're looking for a small humidor to just hold a few sticks in. Just say the box is worth $20 and that leaves $20 to divide up between the 8 smokes. Comes out to like $2.50 a stick and all of those are more than $2.50 a stick when it comes to MSRP. So yes, it's a good deal to get you started!

To be honest IMHO I think that it is way to small. I started with a 300 ct thinking that I would never fill it... well a month later I bought another 125 ct for my premium sticks... well here it is a year later and I bought an old vintage cabinet and converted it to a humidor. I have to say you have to expect to grow and buying a small one really isn't worth it. I wouldn't by anything smaller then a 125 ct humi. Also you may want to look at a cigar oasis they are a care free maintenance humidification system that will run you about $90-100 on e-bay. You will have to fill between once a month to every two weeks depending on how humid it is in your area. But like I said always think bigger and save your money for a larger one.

Thank you guys for all your help.

I decided to start with this one. Ya it's a small 40ct. But it will get me started. It will look nice on my desk next to my pipe rack. Plus 15 sticks, and a lifetime guaranteed cutter. Can't beat it.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/280

should be here next week.

Not bad for sticking your little toe in . Just be sure to throw the hygrometer and humidifier away.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Just be sure to throw the hygrometer and humidifier away.
    I heard that! Viper's beads really are worth it. You really don't even need a hygromoter if you get the beads. But I like to have one anyways. If you get one, get a digital. I bought a Credo off Ebay and I wouldn't go with anything else. Not that I have experience with a lot of other models, it is just that my Credo works. And, that is a nice humidor to start out with. Congrats.

10. Default

Looks nice. Get a Madelaine digital hygrometer-round or the new slim rectangle.

Thread Information