Thread: CAO Black

Default CAO Black

Well this is an interesting fact I learned today.

If anyone of you saw CAO Black and was wondering about it here is the deal:

It is CAO Gold repackaged with a different label and a new box exclusively for CI

These CAO guys are sure tricky at times

Surely not? I've smoked them both and didn't find anything similar about them other than the brand. I had a Gold when I first started smoking and found it too mild for my tastes even then. I was gifted a Black and thought it was on the full side of medium bodied and a helluva lot better. Anyone else had both?

Here is where I got that info from
    http://www.dogwatchsocialclub.com/Cu...w/Default.aspx

Listen to the current show if you want to find the exact place they start talking about it right t 10 min into the show so you can skip right to that.

Now I am not sure if these guys are an authority on teh subject but that is what they claim on live radio

I agree with woxof.. I"ve had both and the CAO gold was way to mild for me and I'm a mild kind of guy..
    I like the CAO Blacks but haven't had one in over a month.. Have had others to keep me busy.
    Think it was the placebo effect?

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Surely not? I've smoked them both and didn't find anything similar about them other than the brand. I had a Gold when I first started smoking and found it too mild for my tastes even then. I was gifted a Black and thought it was on the full side of medium bodied and a helluva lot better. Anyone else had both?
    Absolutly, the Gold is way more milder then the Black. I've had the same experience as WOXOF- barely finished the Gold and bought a box of the Black.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Nonsense.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Guess I am not listening to that show anymore

I think if you want to see for yourself, get one of each and try them. You'll probably wouldn't regret getting a 5'ver of the Blacks.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I listened to the show. It was ok. The info they gave out about the CAO Gold and Black came from a listener so who knows where they got their info. I tossed the CAO Gold less than half way though it. I nubbed the Black and will buy some more.

those who read this post might find this interesting
    http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...opic=25941&hl=

Thanks for the link Dan.

Yeah, We eventually got to the bottom of that mess. The whole problem is that CAO is not releasing a whole lot of information on this cigar. As far as I can see, Cigar.com and CI/CBid are the only places that have it. I have one chilling in the humi right now actually. I'll probably smoke it soon. In the episode of the Dogwatch after the one you posted the link to, they corrected the information that they reported although it took quite a while to sort through what was actually going on. Since I was the one who accidentally stirred all of the poo with dogwatch (which has been restored to good feelings,) I will be sending them 2 sticks of each the Black and the Gold to make their own conclusions about the matter. The show is actually quite good, and they had some incomplete information, so let's not stop listening to them just because they had a small screw up. They also DON"T SHILL. In this business, thats a rare novelty, so lets all give them some more listeners!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

The show itself wasn't bad, I liked it. I'll have to listen to the latest one. Thanks for the update.

Thread Information