Thread: 601 Cigars

1. Default 601 Cigars

Has anybody tried the new release by Pepin Garcia...The 601 Serie? I got one in the mail today. It looks to be a churchill size with a pigtail cap. It's a Nicaraguan puro.

It's looks to be extremely well made. It's got a rosado colored wrapper and musty smell.

I'm gonna smoke it tomorrow night.

Blog Entries

So that's a pigtail cap; I thought it was a screwup. Got mine in the mail today, too; can't wait for your review.
    --Gerald

3. Default

so are you guys members of a testing group or something like that? or did you just happen to get the same cigar in the mail on the same day?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Evillepaintball View Post
    so are you guys members of a testing group or something like that? or did you just happen to get the same cigar in the mail on the same day?
    I stumbled on a link. The distributors were giving away a hundred or so of em. I got mine in less than a week.

5. Default

ah, sweet.

what was that link? ded gum!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    what was that link? ded gum!
    I found it at a board I'm a member of...Never posted there...Just lurked. They were not giving many away so I did did not post it here.

Did you ever smoke it yet Sarge?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC View Post
    Did you ever smoke it yet Sarge?
    Smoked it last night...It's a good cigar nothing more...Really well rolled and crafted. It started off rather peppery but never really developed much complexity. It seemed to mellow out after the first half to a sweet creamy flavor.

For the $8 price tag it's a little disapointing...The HdN Antano Series has more of what I would expect from a Nicuraguan Puro...For less money.

Thread Information