Thread: Brandy that perfectly copliments cigrs

Default Brandy that perfectly copliments cigrs

I have tried for what seems like the longest time to find a drink that would go well with cigars. I know that people say that scotch, whisky, burbon, cognac all match well with cigars, but for me they always had a flavor that was too strong and seemed to battle with what cigars will produce. But alas today I bought a bottle of brandy that once tried I right away knew will be something I will keep in my collection to drink with cigars.

It's smooth and not overpowering and at the same time has great lingering notes of apples, spices and oak. So if you like a cigar that has spice and flavor that is smooth and complex without being harsh you will really enjoy this as a pairing.

Name: Calvados Chateau du Breuil apple brandy
    Price: $20 at least this is what I paid for it here in NYC

I will def reccomed you try it

Thanks for the recomendation Dan. For $20 I'll have to give it a try. Lately it's been rum and coke or Crown and Ice for me.

Blog Entries

Dan............

I already busted your balls on CigarPass about your spelling so I'll spare ya here!

Me thinks ole Dan's been hittin' the Apple Brandy just a little to hard.

By the way, cognac is in the "brandy" family.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Hey CC, maybe my spelling is off at times, but I do know my cognacs ( armagnac, brandy, etc included). You would probably be very hard to find a spirit in this category that I haven't yet had a bottle or two or three

What really compelled me towrite about this particuar brandy is that sometimes, although rarelly, you will find an undiscovered gem nd this one is very much like that. For $20 a bottle it tastes like barndy that the bigger names would sell for $60 and up. Also I think that what also makes it unique is that it is made from apples and not grapes making for a totally amazing bouqet in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Dan............

I already busted your balls on CigarPass about your spelling so I'll spare ya here!

Thanks for the heads up Dan. When I feel like liquor with my cigars, I always gravitate to crown and sprite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    Hey CC, maybe my spelling is off at times, but I do know my cognacs ( armagnac, brandy, etc included). You would probably be very hard to find a spirit in this category that I haven't yet had a bottle or two or three

What really compelled me towrite about this particuar brandy is that sometimes, although rarelly, you will find an undiscovered gem nd this one is very much like that. For $20 a bottle it tastes like barndy that the bigger names would sell for $60 and up. Also I think that what also makes it unique is that it is made from apples and not grapes making for a totally amazing bouqet in my opinion.

Damn, I wish I was as drunk as you!

(I'm just bustin' yer balz )
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-22-2006 at 10:33 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Dan............

errrrr,bill....it's "too hard"....not "to hard"....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    errrrr,bill....it's "too hard"....not "to hard"....
    doh!

I figured I'd join Dan and have a few cocktails myself
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

doh!

I figured I'd join Dan and have a few cocktails myself
    There you go CC. Now how about finally joining us for a HERF and see what we come up with when both of us are a bit woozy

Blog Entries

There you go CC. Now how about finally joining us for a HERF and see what we come up with when both of us are a bit woozy
    I dunno, you guys with nothing but consonants in their last names scare me. You make the Italian mafia types look like a bunch of grade school sissies.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

LMAO

Even more reason to have a HERF after all wouldn't you like to meet the people who are offering "protection" to some of your politician friends

I have tried for what seems like the longest time to find a drink that would go well with cigars. I know that people say that scotch, whisky, burbon, cognac all match well with cigars, but for me they always had a flavor that was too strong and seemed to battle with what cigars will produce. But alas today I bought a bottle of brandy that once tried I right away knew will be something I will keep in my collection to drink with cigars.

It's smooth and not overpowering and at the same time has great lingering notes of apples, spices and oak. So if you like a cigar that has spice and flavor that is smooth and complex without being harsh you will really enjoy this as a pairing.

Name: Calvados Chateau du Breuil apple brandy
    Price: $20 at least this is what I paid for it here in NYC

I will def reccomed you try it
    Hey Dan I picked up a bottle of this a while back on your recomendation. It's a nice change from the rum and whiskey. Thanks.

Thread Information