Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kinky....maybe??....

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default kinky....maybe??....

While Rick Perry was cheerleading in college and Chris Bell was being potty trained, Kinky Friedman was picketing segregated restaurants in Austin to integrate them. Now that Kinky’s in second place and a serious threat to the two-party system, Perry and Bell have paid political assassins to dig back as far as 30 years through fictional books, comedy shows and satirical song lyrics, desperately seeking to paint Kinky as a racist.

Republicans and Democrats have created an entire industry-- called Opposition Research-- whose sole purpose is to tarnish and destroy people’s reputations. This is why regular citizens don't run for office. If you do, and you start to threaten the system as Kinky has, you’re going to be attacked.

Kinky has overcome all of the obstacles placed before him - getting on the ballot, raising millions of dollars, building the largest grassroots network Texas has ever seen, and breaking 20% in the polls months ago. He's a serious threat to the establishment, and when you threaten the political establishment, they use the money generated from their formidable fundraising machines to pay for "dirty tricks" tactics to manipulate the press.

It's a slimy industry that exists for the sole purpose of destroying people and -- like cockroaches-- scurries for the shadows whenever a light is shined on it.

The latest political assassination attempt takes completely out of context a controversial word that Kinky was using in a 1980 stand-up performance to lampoon racists. Playing a character on stage, Kinky was exposing bigotry through comedy and satire.

It’s pathetic that the major-party candidates have sunk to this – trying to paint Kinky as a racist when, in fact, he was poking fun at racists. Shame on the press for being complicit. Rather than confront our opponents on their tactics and get the full story, they are allowing industries like opposition research to exist and operate outside the understanding of most voters.

News used to be a public service, that most members of the press took seriously. Now they're just bullshit artists, for sale to the highest bidder.

3. Default

If Kinky wins the political "status quo" had better take notice. People are tired of the same ineffective political leaders from both Republicans and Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    If Kinky wins the political "status quo" had better take notice. People are tired of the same ineffective political leaders from both Republicans and Democrats.
    My sentiment exactly. Voters in the US need to stop supporting the incumbants who have an entitlement attitude, and just THROW THE BUMS OUT!

Kinky's got some interesting stuff, but I've decided not to vote for him for two main reasons - most important he is trying to stop the Trans Texas Corridor, which is absolutely retarded. What could we possibly need more infrastructure for anyway? Second, I'm afraid he'll have a little of the Jesse Ventura effect, as if the press doesn't want to jump on Texas' ass enough anyway.

One funny thing about Austin is everyone thinks they are Lance Armstrong, from California, and a political expert.

There's also a little more than "cheerleading" to what Rick Perry was involved with in school.
    Last edited by WhiteWidow; 09-24-2006 at 03:45 PM. Reason: grammar
    End of line.

Blog Entries

Friedman is only pulling 16% in the latest poll he's in LAST PLACE in a four way race. The Republicans and the Democrats are more worried about each other rather than this complete whack job Kinky Friedman so I highly doubt you'll see a whole lot of "attack" ads from any of his three opponents because it's a waste of time and money.

According to Rasmussen, the Democrat is running THIRD

Here are the Rasmussen numbers:

Perry (R): 33%
    Strayhorn (I): 22%
    Bell: (D): 18%

and LAST and certainlly the LEAST

Friedman (of the nutjob party): 16%

I find Rasmussen to be probably the most reliable polling company out there. They called the last presidential election right on the money, predicting that Bush would win AND they called all of the "toss up" states correctly.

Linky just in case you Democrats refuse to face reality

Speaking of links, Sid do you have some reference links or news stories to back up your claims as I have not heard anything like this until now. Seriously, I'd be very interested because once again, I absolutely, positively canot understand why either major party candidate would waste one dollar of resources attacking the guy who's in FOURTH in a four way race, it just makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-24-2006 at 12:31 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    My sentiment exactly. Voters in the US need to stop supporting the incumbants who have an entitlement attitude, and just THROW THE BUMS OUT!
    Hey, what's wrong with imcumbants? Where I come from, we elect people for life!

Sometimes, even longer.. I'm pretty sure many of the people voting for Lincoln Chafee think they're voting for his dad...

Prison terms only briefly interrupt this process. Buddy Cianci was mayor of Providence, served a prison term, and was immediately re-elected when he was freed (and ran as an independent). He's back in prison again, but if he wanted to, he could be mayor again...

My question is why wasn't he at work instead of complaining in front of a restraunt?
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    I absolutely, positively canot understand why either major party candidate would waste one dollar of resources attacking the guy who's in FOURTH in a four way race, it just makes no sense at all.
    They haven't, at all. I haven't seen ONE, NOT ONE thing about the guy on TV. I wouldn't know about him if it weren't for the local supporters and my own research. The fact that people outside of the state are aware of him is testament to my claim that the press is just chomping at the bit for this guy to get elected so they can start talking about him.
    End of line.

I'm going to vote for Kinky, and that's it. Not voting in any other race. I'm sick of the Republican party not being forceful enough on the border and illegal immigration.

We are under cultural siege here and we're blissfully ignoring the problem. If the Republicans ever decide to come back to doing more about this issue, I'll be back to voting for them. I voted for the first time in 1984 when I was 18 and voted Republican all the way until now.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
    Kinky's got some interesting stuff, but I've decided not to vote for him for two main reasons - most important he is trying to stop the Trans Texas Corridor, which is absolutely retarded. What could we possibly need more infrastructure for anyway? Second, I'm afraid he'll have a little of the Jesse Ventura effect, as if the press doesn't want to jump on Texas' ass enough anyway.
    I'm not sure how you mean to refer to the TTC here. I understand that it is precisely for the purpose of accomodating more infra-structure. (I you were being sarcastic, forgive my obtusity). At any rate, I think I'm anti-TTC. We probably do (and certainly will) need a way to handle population growth. I've been gridlocked stone still on I35, 1/2-way between San Marcus and Austin and that is bullshit. I'm glad I don't have to live with that commute. But, Texas is largely a private-owned state. And imposing and enforcing emminent domain is a fucking nasty, ugly, over-my-dead-body business. Creation of the TTC will flatten a lot of landowners, maybe after the fight, but they'll still lose.

One funny thing about Austin is everyone thinks they are Lance Armstrong, from California, and a political expert.
    Great line.

Friedman is only pulling 16% in the latest poll he's in LAST PLACE in a four way race. The Republicans and the Democrats are more worried about each other rather than this complete whack job Kinky Friedman so I highly doubt you'll see a whole lot of "attack" ads from any of his three opponents because it's a waste of time and money.

According to Rasmussen, the Democrat is running THIRD

Here are the Rasmussen numbers:

Perry (R): 33%
    Strayhorn (I): 22%
    Bell: (D): 18%

and LAST and certainlly the LEAST

Friedman (of the nutjob party): 16%

I find Rasmussen to be probably the most reliable polling company out there. They called the last presidential election right on the money, predicting that Bush would win AND they called all of the "toss up" states correctly.

Linky just in case you Democrats refuse to face reality

Speaking of links, Sid do you have some reference links or news stories to back up your claims as I have not heard anything like this until now. Seriously, I'd be very interested because once again, I absolutely, positively canot understand why either major party candidate would waste one dollar of resources attacking the guy who's in FOURTH in a four way race, it just makes no sense at all.
    A yahoo search turned up this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...8K8UJLG0.shtml

And about a hundred more.

On the polls - Kinky is last, but the trend is that he's been gaining all year - mostly at the expense of Strayhorn.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck View Post
    Hey, what's wrong with imcumbants? Where I come from, we elect people for life!

Sometimes, even longer.. I'm pretty sure many of the people voting for Lincoln Chafee think they're voting for his dad...

Prison terms only briefly interrupt this process. Buddy Cianci was mayor of Providence, served a prison term, and was immediately re-elected when he was freed (and ran as an independent). He's back in prison again, but if he wanted to, he could be mayor again...
    LMFAO!

I know a guy who was stranded in an airport with Cianci for quite a few hours. Buddy said "Hey, let's get dinner, it's on me." and he said Buddy was one of the nicest and most facinating people he had ever met in his life.

In Waterbury, CT, they sometimes have over 100% voter turnout. Now just because someone is dead, why should that stop them from voting, right?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

A yahoo search turned up this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...8K8UJLG0.shtml

And about a hundred more.

On the polls - Kinky is last, but the trend is that he's been gaining all year - mostly at the expense of Strayhorn.
    Interesting article but it does very little if anything at all to support the claim that Friedman is in SECOND PLACE in this race nor does it support the notion that Republicans and Democrats have an organized campaign to slam Friedman. In that link, Perry (the Republican) had no comment.

It sounds to me like Friedman has stuck his foot in his mouth MANY times all on his own and his stupid, racist comments are coming back to bite him in the ass, after all it was FRIEDMAN who said them.

Just because someone is raising the fact that he said some stupid shit in the past, don't blame them, blame ole Kinky. That's like saying it's the cop's fault that you got caught going 75 mph in a 55 zone.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Interesting article but it does very little if anything at all to support the claim that Friedman is in SECOND PLACE in this race nor does it support the notion that Republicans and Democrats have an organized campaign to slam Friedman. In that link, Perry (the Republican) had no comment.

It sounds to me like Friedman has stuck his foot in his mouth MANY times all on his own and his stupid, racist comments are coming back to bite him in the ass, after all it was FRIEDMAN who said them.

Just because someone is raising the fact that he said some stupid shit in the past, don't blame them, blame ole Kinky. That's like saying it's the cop's fault that you got caught going 75 mph in a 55 zone.
    Agree. I don't know what the hell it proves other than there are some (many) things you just shouldn't get quoted saying if you ever, ever want to be high profile. edit: Now, I liked Ann Richards, and maybe she would've won outright. But, this is exactly the kind of shit that Claytie did that sealed the deal for her.

Now gaddammit, Kinky IS in 2nd if you don't count any two of the other three!

Really though - I checked another poll, forgot which, had the same numbers.
    Last edited by basil; 09-25-2006 at 12:12 AM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I'm not sure how you mean to refer to the TTC here. I understand that it is precisely for the purpose of accomodating more infra-structure. (I you were being sarcastic, forgive my obtusity). At any rate, I think I'm anti-TTC. We probably do (and certainly will) need a way to handle population growth. I've been gridlocked stone still on I35, 1/2-way between San Marcus and Austin and that is bullshit. I'm glad I don't have to live with that commute. But, Texas is largely a private-owned state. And imposing and enforcing emminent domain is a fucking nasty, ugly, over-my-dead-body business. Creation of the TTC will flatten a lot of landowners, maybe after the fight, but they'll still lose.
    My opinion on that is that anytime you are building roads, it is a good thing. Roadways also drive growth, economy, and technology by delivering all of those things to the areas they serve. Rome was the civilation that it was because of two things - the arch and the road.

I guess a few land owners might get kind of pissed, true, but they will engineer the system to be as unintrusive and environmentally friendly as possible.

My point is I don't think it is a good idea to stifle a major project like this, espescially 20 years down the road when we've got Texas, Louisiana, New York, and Mexico all living under one roof.
    End of line.

My opinion on that is that anytime you are building roads, it is a good thing. Roadways also drive growth, economy, and technology by delivering all of those things to the areas they serve. Rome was the civilation that it was because of two things - the arch and the road.

I guess a few land owners might get kind of pissed, true, but they will engineer the system to be as unintrusive and environmentally friendly as possible.

My point is I don't think it is a good idea to stifle a major project like this, espescially 20 years down the road when we've got Texas, Louisiana, New York, and Mexico all living under one roof.
    I don't think so. Ever see a road being built? But the autobahn will be a good thing. Oh, about Kinky, I haven't personally heard anything about Kinky except the ads he has put up on himself and the hotsauce he made. Just watching his commercial reinforced my notion not to vote for this guy.
    Last edited by cls515; 09-25-2006 at 07:33 AM.

Is Waterbury full of Democrats and Daley's from the Chicago Daley's?

LMFAO!

I know a guy who was stranded in an airport with Cianci for quite a few hours. Buddy said "Hey, let's get dinner, it's on me." and he said Buddy was one of the nicest and most facinating people he had ever met in his life.

In Waterbury, CT, they sometimes have over 100% voter turnout. Now just because someone is dead, why should that stop them from voting, right?
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

18. Default

The night Buddy was sentenced, they sent out some rookie reporter to cover the story. Easy gig, he thought. Go to some local establishments, ask a couple people what they think, allow Joe Public to say it's wonderful the corrupt mayor is going to jail, and call it a night, right?

The poor kid didn't know what to do when everyone supported Buddy!

I've never had the opportunity to meet him myself (I partied with some of his assistants once, but that's another story for another tim), but he's easily one of the most charismatic leaders I've ever heard of...

"Vote early and vote often" -Al Capone

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Meh I'm just tired of playing the lets make a deal game with the rep. and democrats. I'm simply voting for him because it's a change. And who cares about the stupid road....how is it going to help us little guys? I live in a part of Texas where the road is a BIG deal because a majority of the farmers are going to lose land if the road is built. Who cares if you cant drive 90MPH from Central America up to Canada. I dont make that drive too often . Ugh fucking politics in our country makes me sick...and to think I work for the stupid !

Even if you lose land what you have adjacent to will be instantly worth a SHITLOAD. And lots of people make the drive in between San Antonio up to the metroplex, which is bad enough now as it is. There is fixing to be a shitload more people here and you will be glad when we have a system that can handle it.
    End of line.

Thread Information