Thread: Good inexpensive lighter?

Default Good inexpensive lighter?

I'm finally getting together a decent collection of cigar gear. I've a got a good humidor, some nice sticks, and a good cutter. Looking for a nice lighter that doesn't cost too much, lighting a good cigar with a BIC lighter (my current choice) just doesn't sit right with me. Those torch type zippo inserts look pretty cool for the money. What do you guys like that doesn't cost too much? I mean like less than $50. I should think there would be a pretty good unit available in that price range. I know there are alot of lighters out there in that range, just looking for something basic and functional that'll last a while.

When at home I use a kitchen torch. On the go I generally use a standard clipper as I can nevert seem to both keep hold of andf maintain a decent torch.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

When I first got into cigars I bought two "decent" lighters. Neither one lasted over a month. Then one day I was wanting a cigar on the drive home and had no fire. Stopped into a gas station and bought a cheap $3.00 torch. Still have it over a year later. Ive dropped it countless times, left it outside in the rain and still always works. Sometimes you dont have to spend alot to get alot. Then again if youre going for fancy Id just look around and price compare.

Default Zippo Z-plus

If you have a Zippo, you can get an jet flame insert called a Z-plus ($12) at any cigar store. Or some cigar stores actually have Zippo's with the Z-plus in them and usually a picture of the cigar store or something else which makes it store specifice on it for a cheap price.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

This is a kick-ass lighter. I picked mine up for $55 so the price here is fantastic. Never an issue with this thing. It has three flames- standard, large torch and pin-point torch (great for touch-ups). Once filled, this lighter lasts a long time- an average of 2-3 months per fill for me.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/dis..._LTR_QTR830002?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Not bad there SLC. I prefer my colibri (built in punch), but a bic does the job too and it's only 25 cents at a gas station.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

In the camping section of my local walmart they have a colbri, I think it's called a thunderbird or something. It's a single flame, tourch lighter, and it cost 12 bucks.

8. Default

I got my package from Heartfelt last night, in it was my lighter I ordered. Its a Blue Rhino Beast. Has a built in punch, 3 torch flames and I freaking love it.
    Cant beat it for $25
    http://heartfeltindustries.com/store...568f51a562346e
    Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

so.... ...totally disregard for what I said? Move on. Good price. All that matters is good price, right?

Go, bud.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    In the camping section of my local walmart they have a colbri, I think it's called a thunderbird or something. It's a single flame, tourch lighter, and it cost 12 bucks.
    That what I use. I got mine at walmart one day and walked into a cigar shop and they had the same lighter for twice as much There are just so many lighters out there that you will always get people who say this is the best. Just do your research and price comparisons and pick which one you think will work best.

Default Blazer

Dude - get a blazer - you'll never have to refill it (ok, so once in a blue moon). Butane torch - they originally used (and still do) it for welding, but I guess some of the tradesmen were cigar smokers. $40-50 on ebay, $50-60 retail.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

JR is having a thing where you buy some cigars and a colibri cigar torch is $5. I couldn't resist and got some sticks to settle a humidor last week and got a colibri for $5. It lasts a couple of cigars... much mroe convenient that my other lighters

Xikar. Wish I could find mine

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll research each suggestion over the weekend and figure out which one looks best to me. Lottsa good stuff there

Thread Information