Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: full bodied cigars

Default full bodied cigars

One of my favorite cigars, camacho corjo gigantea, i consider a full bodied, strong cigar compared to everything else i've smoked this far. i haven't found another cigar, except maybe pinars, that have that strength and flavor. can someone give me some suggestions?
    Last edited by Drake; 04-26-2005 at 08:37 AM.

Default Strong Cigars

Check out Bolivar Fuerte's, strong, complex smokes, but well-balanced throughout. They are the best smelling cigars (out of the box) I've ever smelled in my life. They're not too expensive either.

Blog Entries

La Flor Dominicana Ligero
    El Rey del Mundo
    Excalibur
    El Rico Habano
    La Gloria Cubana Serie R
    Opus X
    Padron 1926
    Padron Anniversary 1964
    Oliva O Bold & Maduro

Cool

Carlos Torano Tribute Maduro
    CAO Brazilia
    CAO Mx2
    CAO Criollo (medium to full I love these)
    Padron Maduros
    Rocky Patel Edge Maduro
    Bahia Maduro
    Partagas Blacks
    Carlos Torano Exodus Gold

There are some of my favorite Full bodied smokes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Jack
    Carlos Torano Tribute Maduro
    CAO Brazilia
    CAO Mx2
    CAO Criollo (medium to full I love these)
    Padron Maduros
    Rocky Patel Edge Maduro
    Bahia Maduro
    Partagas Blacks
    Carlos Torano Exodus Gold

There are some of my favorite Full bodied smokes.
    HUH?
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Gold are medium bodied.
    Carlos Torano Tribute 2004 are medium to full.
    All the CAOs you listed are supposedly full bodied but they don't seem that way to me.
    The Padrons that are NOT 1964 or 1926 are medium to full and have no where the kick, the complexity or body the 1926 or the 1964's (or the Millenniums) have.

The Partagas Black Label and The Edge by Rocky Patel as well as the Bahia are considered full bodied. The only one I've never tried are "The Edge" but I think the Partagas Black Label and the Bahia are nothing to write home about. Yes they are full bodied but I guess they just don't do it for me....

Definately the LFD Double Ligero, CAO MX2
    I also gound the OPUS xXx to be strong..

Coventry highlights a great point on peoples perceptions and taste when it comes to cigars. What one person may think is a great cigar others may find it to be rather unpalatable. That would also be true when it cames to rating a cigar as mild, medium or bold.

Personally I found the Torano Exodus 1959 Gold to be medium to start and then about halfway through it became very rich and strong . . . I had to sit down

Apparently Coventry has a much higher tolerance for fuller bodied cigars so that ones that I or CigarJack would find to be strong he would only classify as medium.

It is a good thing we all do not like the same cigars . . . there would be no choices and you could not decide on which cigar to have given the particular meal, occasion or your mood.

Below are a couple links to some writings of Mark Twain on the subject of a person's personal tastes with regard to cigars that I really enjoyed. I hope you all find them enjoyable as well.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/h...g101_24mtc.asp

http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/887/
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

good point on taste perception jaewing, and thanks for the links...

Blog Entries

Most of the content of my post with regard to body of the cigars was directly from the manufacturer's themselves and internet retailers. Again, the Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Gold are a medium bodied cigar as listed on Famous-Smoke, CigarsInternational and just about any other retailer you can find.

My point here was that Drake asked for a list of full bodied cigars, I listed cigars that are classified as "full bodied" by the manufacturers and the retailers. Cigar Jack gave his list of cigars and many of them are not considered "full bodied" by most standards, never mind my personal opinions which I also included.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Most of the content of my post with regard to body of the cigars was directly from the manufacturer's themselves and internet retailers. Again, the Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Gold are a medium bodied cigar as listed on Famous-Smoke, CigarsInternational and just about any other retailer you can find.

My point here was that Drake asked for a list of full bodied cigars, I listed cigars that are classified as "full bodied" by the manufacturers and the retailers. Cigar Jack gave his list of cigars and many of them are not considered "full bodied" by most standards, never mind my personal opinions which I also included.
    maybe i should've been a little more specific. i was actually asking for cigars you found to be strong or full bodied. especially you, cat. according to my taste buds, the oliva 'o' maduros are mild to medium. i found them to have a good flavor, but not enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86

I still think perception is a lot more reliable. I have found some cigars described by the manufacturer as full bodied that I would definitely disagree with according to my tastes. So with that in mind I can look at your tastes and try to guage from a stick we have both tried and see how close our opinion is of it, and use that to guage your suggestions. If you found a stick mild that I thought was more full, then I know right away your suggestions may be on the strong side of my tastes (just for example)...that was the point I saw out of that comment.

That's why personally I like when people post their reviews of a cigar with some sort of comment on flavor and fullness, rather than the thread we have going here with just a number rating. I think it gives you a better idea if the other member's tastes and helps when they are suggesting cigars to try.

12. Default

LOL 'Cat ease off on the drag or you will rip his lips out LMAO
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    maybe i should've been a little more specific. i was actually asking for cigars you found to be strong or full bodied. especially you, cat. according to my taste buds, the oliva 'o' maduros are mild to medium. i found them to have a good flavor, but not enough of it.
    Oh, okay I misunderstood. While the retailers call the Olivas "full bodied" you and I find them medium at best HOWEVER, I did a split of a box of these with a guy on CigarPass (the Oliva "O" Bolds, not the Maduros) and he said they damn near killed him

Geez man ease up...

I suggested cigars that I considered to the Medium to Full end of the cigar spectrum. These may not be knock you on you butt cigars but they do deliever a fairly bold flavor. He may like some he may not. I like most of these. Everyone has different tastes. Doesn't mean anyone is wrong. So chill out....

Blog Entries

Geez man ease up...

I suggested cigars that I considered to the Medium to Full end of the cigar spectrum. These may not be knock you on you butt cigars but they do deliever a fairly bold flavor. He may like some he may not. I like most of these. Everyone has different tastes. Doesn't mean anyone is wrong. So chill out....
    You "ease up"

I explained that I misunderstood his question which actually does not change the fact that you misclassified medium bodied cigars as full bodied. Don't get all pushed out of shape because I caught you posting wrong information.

i fell in love with this cigar last night.

its a rocky patel 'the edge' corojo torpedo. definitely full bodied. great construction, pretty even burn. very strong, but very smooth. and only $5 a piece. i picked up one corojo and one maduro. going to smoke the maduro tonight, i think.

the inside of the box said 'professional smokers only. smoke while sitting!' or something like that. i'm no pro, but that cigar was right up my alley!
    Last edited by Drake; 04-28-2005 at 11:00 AM.

Man the Maduro Edge I think is better than the Corojo. In fact I may need to purchase another box soon. My only problem is I think these are only available as Toro's and Torpedos and I just don't have the 2 hours it takes me to really enjoy these.

Man the Maduro Edge I think is better than the Corojo. In fact I may need to purchase another box soon. My only problem is I think these are only available as Toro's and Torpedos and I just don't have the 2 hours it takes me to really enjoy these.
    i agree. i smoked the maduro last night. taste a bit better. didn't burn as nicely, though. not a big difference, but noticable. didn't hold its ash very well. but overall better than the corojo

i just tried El Rey Del Mundo. liked it alot although i think i smoked it too fast. very nice flavor though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    i just tried El Rey Del Mundo. liked it alot although i think i smoked it too fast. very nice flavor though.
    Which one? Was it one of the ones that come wrapped in tissue paper (the Robusto Larga or the Robusto Suprema)?

Those are a nice, full-bodied smoke.

Thread Information