Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Communist Party and Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    Not a single personal attack in that post. This is all just about your fragile sensibilities then?
    Read it again, Barry - and this time - take your rose colored glasses off please...

It's way past defending your position, and more like being an ass towards others who don't share your position. You're not making an argument - you're making a statement...

Barry, I think you know me well enough to know I'm don't have "fragile sensibilities". With some of the rhetoric I've seen from you on other boards, I've given you the benefit of the doubt - political leanings aside. I could honestly care less if you're a full blown left-wing democrat, and you should care less I have a leaning towards the right. Bill has FULLY supported you in the past knowing full well you were about as far left as one can get. To engage in some of the nastiness that's become your hallmark, and to call me a "shithead" because I think Clinton was immoral and a liar - seriously, you ARE crossing lines of sensibility...

If you don't know you're personally insulting people, maybe you should. Or - more likely from what I've seen - maybe you don't care... Either way, you should really re-think your rhetoric.

I definitely do not think a ban poll is in order. But I also disagree with Sid that you, and ultimately some your nonsense, is good for this board. This vulgar, belittling, juvenile crap takes away from your potential to be a good guy.

You are most welcome sarge.

However, for most of my detractors, the colorful language isn't the real problem they have with me.
    They are upset and offended by my political leanings, and the fact that I'm not afraid to voice them, and defend them. What they dislike the most though, is that I'm not afraid of calling a rat a rat, without pulling any punches.
    They want anyone with a different opinion to keep quiet. The language "issue" is nothing but a ploy.

When I'm discussing politics or religion with a group of men, I tend to speak exactly as I post. I don't get all worked up and red in the face, or start making personal threats though, like some others here. I suspect most people here, and in general, use "colorful" language on a regular basis. But really, this whole brouhaha isn't about language.
    I guess I'm in the "detractor" class - so I'll comment on this...

The "colorful" language IS a problem. It's past being colorful, and more into psychotic.

I could care less what you're political leanings are - and I could care less that you voice them and defend them.

I could care less you call a so-called rat a rat. It's when you call a "rat" "fuck-tards", "shitstain on society ", "Sick fucks", "righty freaks", "fucking sub-moron", "fucking retards", "Dumbass", "shitheads", "as much a piece of shit as they are", "you pukes", "pussy whining", "wounded little bitch" - (and those are off of just one thread) I do have some issues... No need for you to be in the toilet like this...

"...without pulling any punches" - again - no problem. I do have a problem, though, because you do not believe there are any boundries on the punches you're pulling...

"They want anyone with a different opinion to keep quiet." "The language "issue" is nothing but a ploy." I'd say you're being delusional and paranoid. I could care less what you're political leanings are - again, it's the way you express those political leanings I have a problem with. I could care less if you do it in your local drinking establishment - but maybe the bar manager would, On CigarSmokers,though - it does tend to bring this place down and I happen to like this place. Just the same as I would ask you to tone down your rhetoric if you were in my favorite watering hole shooting off obscenties in the presence of my friends.

"When I'm discussing politics or religion with a group of men, I tend to speak exactly as I post. I don't get all worked up and red in the face, or start making personal threats though, like some others here." I find that VERY hard to believe, given what I've seen here.

"I suspect most people here, and in general, use "colorful" language on a regular basis." Yep - I've been known to toss out a four letter word here and there. But in general conversation with my friends, I do tend to curb my language out of respect for them. And I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable calling a friend a "shithead" - not unless I really didn't want them as a friend anymore. Or - if I inadvertantly called them one and they were insulted - I would apologize profusely. But that's just me, apparently...

"But really, this whole brouhaha isn't about language." Seeing as how I highly doubt you can see into any one elses psyche, I seriously doubt you could say that with confidence. It is entirely possible that what others are telling you is the honest truth - they really don't like the way you express yourself (i.e. hateful, vulgar, insulting, etc.), more than what it is you're defending.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Read it again, Barry - and this time - take your rose colored glasses off please...

It's way past defending your position, and more like being an ass towards others who don't share your position. You're not making an argument - you're making a statement...

Barry, I think you know me well enough to know I'm don't have "fragile sensibilities". With some of the rhetoric I've seen from you on other boards, I've given you the benefit of the doubt - political leanings aside. I could honestly care less if you're a full blown left-wing democrat, and you should care less I have a leaning towards the right. Bill has FULLY supported you in the past knowing full well you were about as far left as one can get. To engage in some of the nastiness that's become your hallmark, and to call me a "shithead" because I think Clinton was immoral and a liar - seriously, you ARE crossing lines of sensibility...

If you don't know you're personally insulting people, maybe you should. Or - more likely from what I've seen - maybe you don't care... Either way, you should really re-think your rhetoric.

I definitely do not think a ban poll is in order. But I also disagree with Sid that you, and ultimately some your nonsense, is good for this board. This vulgar, belittling, juvenile crap takes away from your potential to be a good guy.
    I don't need to read it again, I wrote it in the first place. If you get insulted by something directed at someone else, then you're either too fragile to participate in adult conversation, or overly defensive because your opinion and comments are exactly the same as the person the post was directed at, and probably discussed between the two of you prior to his post which is why you're confused. I did NOT call you a shithead. However, if you are having difficulty following the post, and insist it was directed at you...oh well.

I guess I'm in the "detractor" class - so I'll comment on this...

The "colorful" language IS a problem. It's past being colorful, and more into psychotic.

I could care less what you're political leanings are - and I could care less that you voice them and defend them.

I could care less you call a so-called rat a rat. It's when you call a "rat" "fuck-tards", "shitstain on society ", "Sick fucks", "righty freaks", "fucking sub-moron", "fucking retards", "Dumbass", "shitheads", "as much a piece of shit as they are", "you pukes", "pussy whining", "wounded little bitch" - (and those are off of just one thread) I do have some issues... No need for you to be in the toilet like this...

"...without pulling any punches" - again - no problem. I do have a problem, though, because you do not believe there are any boundries on the punches you're pulling...

"They want anyone with a different opinion to keep quiet." "The language "issue" is nothing but a ploy." I'd say you're being delusional and paranoid. I could care less what you're political leanings are - again, it's the way you express those political leanings I have a problem with. I could care less if you do it in your local drinking establishment - but maybe the bar manager would, On CigarSmokers,though - it does tend to bring this place down and I happen to like this place. Just the same as I would ask you to tone down your rhetoric if you were in my favorite watering hole shooting off obscenties in the presence of my friends.

"When I'm discussing politics or religion with a group of men, I tend to speak exactly as I post. I don't get all worked up and red in the face, or start making personal threats though, like some others here." I find that VERY hard to believe, given what I've seen here.

"I suspect most people here, and in general, use "colorful" language on a regular basis." Yep - I've been known to toss out a four letter word here and there. But in general conversation with my friends, I do tend to curb my language out of respect for them. And I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable calling a friend a "shithead" - not unless I really didn't want them as a friend anymore. Or - if I inadvertantly called them one and they were insulted - I would apologize profusely. But that's just me, apparently...

"But really, this whole brouhaha isn't about language." Seeing as how I highly doubt you can see into any one elses psyche, I seriously doubt you could say that with confidence. It is entirely possible that what others are telling you is the honest truth - they really don't like the way you express yourself (i.e. hateful, vulgar, insulting, etc.), more than what it is you're defending.
    There are others on this bb, that regularly string together multiple expletives in almost every post they make, and not just in the political forum. I haven't seen you once complain about their posts. I would have to conclude it's because they are never political, or when they are those opinions fall in line with yours.

Could you please explain this interesting double standard of yours?

Blog Entries

SDVM... GG is a great guy and he does not need to read anything slow to understand it. You are dealing with someone of equall caliber and dealing with a person with a world of life experience that could stand toe to toe with any of your own experiences. Tomorrow will be a year since I came to the board. I can tell you from my experince here that when it's all said and done members here would have GG's back. You have brought a knife to a gun fight and you are losing ground with everyone when you tell someone like GG to read it slowly. Anyhow I do like you and all I think that is being said here is if I took this thread and hung it in your waiting room at the office how many people would not come back, knowing your Smoking DVM? Do you think they have a problem with your political views, or do you think they would be afraid of you based on the way your reacting to statements you do not care for. I know we are all human and it is real hard to always be what people believe you are. But your customers would be shocked to know that you publicly revert back to high school name calling when even mildly provoke. The focus comes off what your point is and the focus becomes on how your making it.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

6. Default

All I'm going to add is we all have to live in the same world. A little civility on both sides of any argument makes it easier for all parties to listen and take note of opinions other than their own.

bigpoppapuff Guest

would someone please view my lizzard thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    SDVM... GG is a great guy and he does not need to read anything slow to understand it. You are dealing with someone of equall caliber and dealing with a person with a world of life experience that could stand toe to toe with any of your own experiences. Tomorrow will be a year since I came to the board. I can tell you from my experince here that when it's all said and done members here would have GG's back. You have brought a knife to a gun fight and you are losing ground with everyone when you tell someone like GG to read it slowly. Anyhow I do like you and all I think that is being said here is if I took this thread and hung it in your waiting room at the office how many people would not come back, knowing your Smoking DVM? Do you think they have a problem with your political views, or do you think they would be afraid of you based on the way your reacting to statements you do not care for. I know we are all human and it is real hard to always be what people believe you are. But your customers would be shocked to know that you publicly revert back to high school name calling when even mildly provoke. The focus comes off what your point is and the focus becomes on how your making it.
    Actually, gg does need to read the post more slowly/carefully. He continues to think I called him a shithead, when, in fact, I was calling cc a shithead. GG thinks I should apologize to him because he mistakingly THINKS he was directly attacked.
    I have no comment to his "life experience". I don't pretend to know about his, just as few here know about mine. It really has nothing to do with this entire discussion. I never enter any "fight" without being well heeled, and I never worry about who has whos back. Being that I'm always in the minority on a cigar bb, I'm quite accustomed to being outnumbered in a discussion. I do not make personal attacks unless or untill I have been attacked. If the direction or tone of one of my posts upsets someone, they should simply ignore the post. If they jump in and attack me, they shouldn't start whining later. If someone doesn't know how to swim, they should stay out of the deep end of the pool.

Anyway, as for my clients, many of them know me personally. I don't hide who I am, ever. I don't pull punches. I retain a very loyal group of clients because of that very thing. If clients don't like hearing the truth, well they can just move on down the road and find a Vet that'll tell them what they want to hear. I don't practice that kind of hypocrisy, anywhere.

Barry - when you mention me personally (I guess I could have misunderstood the "gg" part of the post, and you could be talking about ANOTHER "gg") and then in the next sentence say "shitheads" (plural), it seemed pretty clear to me you were calling cc and I both shitheads...

Quite frankly - if I didn't know you and you walked up and called me a "shithead" I would have absolutely no problem with that. You would have given me a clue as to your true character. After all - announcing to me loud and clear you have no respect for me when you first meet me leaves me in a pretty envious position. I don't have to get to know you to know you're a fool.

If I did know you and we had a mutual disdain for one another, calling me a "shithead" is expected. No skin off my nose. Just a re-affirmation of what I already knew.

But - if I know you and have mutual respect for you and you call me a "shithead" - I have a problem with that. Do I tolerate that kind of disrespect from someone I have respect for? Possibly just ignore it and chalk it up to the circumstance? Do I call them on it and ask them what their intentions were? I think the latter is most logical. But why should I have to?

I'm glad you finally clarified it for me Barry - I'm glad to hear you weren't intent upon calling me a "shithead". I'd like to believe you're not that kind of person. I don't believe I did anything to warrant that kind of response from you - and I don't think it's appropriate under any circumstances for someone who thinks positively about me to refer to me as a "shithead" - unless, of course, you're intent upon destroying any kind of relationship we may have... I'm definitely not adverse to that from anyone - I have plenty of acquaintances so one less is not going to be the end of my world...

As far as the other vulgar insults you're tossing around like cow-pies. I still think you need to tone it down a few notches. It's not good for you - it's not good for me - and it's not good for this community. Yes - I can avoid the threads. That's not a problem - but I don't think it's fair to not say something when I see someone making a total fool out of themselves - especially someone I have some respect for. That's my personal opinion - take it for what it's worth...

As far as the "others" that are being rude and nasty - some I see as it being a part of their persona. Others I see as it being a part of their character. In your case, Barry - in my view it is definitely out of character for you. Unless, of course, I've misjudged your character...

Moheganson Guest

I do not make personal attacks unless or untill I have been attacked.
    Liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Moheganson View Post
    Liar.
    Hi CC/Bill.
    Why don't you provide a little proof of your slanderous, and incorrect, statement?

Barry - when you mention me personally (I guess I could have misunderstood the "gg" part of the post, and you could be talking about ANOTHER "gg") and then in the next sentence say "shitheads" (plural), it seemed pretty clear to me you were calling cc and I both shitheads...

Quite frankly - if I didn't know you and you walked up and called me a "shithead" I would have absolutely no problem with that. You would have given me a clue as to your true character. After all - announcing to me loud and clear you have no respect for me when you first meet me leaves me in a pretty envious position. I don't have to get to know you to know you're a fool.

If I did know you and we had a mutual disdain for one another, calling me a "shithead" is expected. No skin off my nose. Just a re-affirmation of what I already knew.

But - if I know you and have mutual respect for you and you call me a "shithead" - I have a problem with that. Do I tolerate that kind of disrespect from someone I have respect for? Possibly just ignore it and chalk it up to the circumstance? Do I call them on it and ask them what their intentions were? I think the latter is most logical. But why should I have to?

I'm glad you finally clarified it for me Barry - I'm glad to hear you weren't intent upon calling me a "shithead". I'd like to believe you're not that kind of person. I don't believe I did anything to warrant that kind of response from you - and I don't think it's appropriate under any circumstances for someone who thinks positively about me to refer to me as a "shithead" - unless, of course, you're intent upon destroying any kind of relationship we may have... I'm definitely not adverse to that from anyone - I have plenty of acquaintances so one less is not going to be the end of my world...

As far as the other vulgar insults you're tossing around like cow-pies. I still think you need to tone it down a few notches. It's not good for you - it's not good for me - and it's not good for this community. Yes - I can avoid the threads. That's not a problem - but I don't think it's fair to not say something when I see someone making a total fool out of themselves - especially someone I have some respect for. That's my personal opinion - take it for what it's worth...

As far as the "others" that are being rude and nasty - some I see as it being a part of their persona. Others I see as it being a part of their character. In your case, Barry - in my view it is definitely out of character for you. Unless, of course, I've misjudged your character...
    Hey George, go back and look at the beginning of this thread. Everything was extremely civil, right up to the point cc entered into the discussion.

You are correct in the point that I did not call you a "shithead". I had used your handle to point out to cc that I was not the one who brought up Clinton first, as he mistakenly asserted. ALL further words were directed at cc only.

As far as flinging cow-pies goes, I did grow up in the Midwest. We have cow-pie flinging contests at the State Fair every year.

Blog Entries

Hi CC/Bill.
    Why don't you provide a little proof of your slanderous, and incorrect, statement?

Check the IP address Barry or ask Hex to.

Moheganson is correct though, you are a liar. You were shooting your mouth off calling all Republicans names and saying we are all pedophiles, etc., (your usual shit) and all I did was say that Clinton lied under oath. That was when YOU started in with the personal attacks, the vulgarity and the insults directed at me and ever since then unfortunately, I've stooped to your level in the gutter. If you'd like me to go back and find it, I will.

So yes Barry, you ARE a liar because you said this:

Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    I do not make personal attacks unless or untill I have been attacked.
    You've been making "personal attacks" against anyone and everyone who's not a liberal since pretty much the first day you got here. The breaking point with me was your BS in THIS THREAD and for you to sit there and say this is not a "personal attack" is absolutely ridiculous. You're offensive, nasty, vulgar, you distort facts and when someone tries to tell you something in a civil manner, you start foaming at the mouth and start with the personal attacks. And you sit there like you're doing nothing wrong.

Once again, you are a liar, case closed.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-17-2006 at 12:38 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post

Check the IP address Barry or ask Hex to.
    Hmmm let me see. Different computer and ISP, yep, tough one to pull off.

Moheganson is correct though, you are a liar. You were shooting your mouth off calling all Republicans names and saying we are all pedophiles, etc., (your usual shit) and all I did was say that Clinton lied under oath. That was when YOU started in with the personal attacks, the vulgarity and the insults directed at me and ever since then unfortunately, I've stooped to your level in the gutter. If you'd like me to go back and find it, I will.
    Bullshit, and you know it. Post #23 and #24 in the pedophile thread, your first posts in that thread, you called me an asshole first, then followed with "Fuck you Barry". Now you can spin that any way you want, just like all of your rrw masters do, but it won't fly with me.

YOU started the personal attacks. I made a general statement about the leaders of the repug party. Since you obviously took it personally, and defended their actions, I made the obvious connection that you also condone their actions.

Whine, cry, piss, and moan all you want, it's kinda humerous.

Blog Entries

Hmmm let me see. Different computer and ISP, yep, tough one to pull off.

Bullshit, and you know it. Post #23 and #24 in the pedophile thread, your first posts in that thread, you called me an asshole first, then followed with "Fuck you Barry". Now you can spin that any way you want, just like all of your rrw masters do, but it won't fly with me.

YOU started the personal attacks. I made a general statement about the leaders of the repug party. Since you obviously took it personally, and defended their actions, I made the obvious connection that you also condone their actions.

Whine, cry, piss, and moan all you want, it's kinda humerous.
    Once again, you are lying. I did not "defend" any actions and yes, your attack was indeed "personal" and for you to say that I condone that type of behavior makes me conclude that you are indeed an asshole which "flies" with lots of people around here. .

BTW, you spelled "humorous" wrong you stupid bastard.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Once again, you are lying. I did not "defend" any actions and yes, your attack was indeed "personal" and for you to say that I condone that type of behavior makes me conclude that you are indeed an asshole which "flies" with lots of people around here. .

BTW, you spelled "humorous" wrong you stupid bastard.
    You're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

You started into the thread making excuses as to why we all shouldn't be pissed and disgusted with the leaders of the gay old party. EVERYONE else had expressed their disgust with the whole thing. Interesting how you took a different approach. Just like the good little rrw, spin till you drop.
    If you took my statement personal, then you must be on the side of the asshole pedophile and the shitheads who covered his actions up. Face reality, something I know is hard for rrw's, you're just as sick and twisted as any other asshole in the repuglican party.

Correcting miniscule spelling errors Spin monkey spin.

Blog Entries

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

You started into the thread making excuses as to why we all shouldn't be pissed and disgusted with the leaders of the gay old party. EVERYONE else had expressed their disgust with the whole thing. Interesting how you took a different approach. Just like the good little rrw, spin till you drop.
    If you took my statement personal, then you must be on the side of the asshole pedophile and the shitheads who covered his actions up. Face reality, something I know is hard for rrw's, you're just as sick and twisted as any other asshole in the repuglican party.

Correcting miniscule spelling errors Spin monkey spin.
    Barry once again you are lying, where did I "make excuses as to why we all shouldn't be pissed and disgusted........"?

Why do you continue to lie?

You are "sick and twisted" to use your words. I don't even really need to state the obvious, your posts speak for themselves....

If you don't like being criticized for your spelling errors, then stop being wrong.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Barry once again you are lying, where did I "make excuses as to why we all shouldn't be pissed and disgusted........"?

Why do you continue to lie?

You are "sick and twisted" to use your words. I don't even really need to state the obvious, your posts speak for themselves....

If you don't like being criticized for your spelling errors, then stop being wrong.
    You're so sick, and used to sucking up the rrw talking points, you don't even see how sick and perverse you are.
    If you don't like being called a sick fuck, stop being one. You can start by ending your defense of pedophiles and those who help them hide their sick shit.

Now, as usual, spin monkey, spin!

Blog Entries

You're so sick, and used to sucking up the rrw talking points, you don't even see how sick and perverse you are.
    If you don't like being called a sick fuck, stop being one. You can start by ending your defense of pedophiles and those who help them hide their sick shit.

Now, as usual, spin monkey, spin!
    Typical tactics from a pathological liar.

You lie, I call you on it and you spout off with more namecalling and lies and try and deflect away from the fact that I proved you were lying.

Trust me Barry, you're only making an ass out of yourself.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Typical tactics from a pathological liar.

You lie, I call you on it and you spout off with more namecalling and lies and try and deflect away from the fact that I proved you were lying.

Trust me Barry, you're only making an ass out of yourself.
    Do you have a pointy head? Cause you sure spin like you do.

Thread Information