Thread: Mosquito Ringtone, kids can hear it, adults cant

1. Default Mosquito Ringtone, kids can hear it, adults cant

http://www.jetcityorange.com/MosquitoRingtone.html

Just set this as my new ringtone, heh.
    Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Evillepaintball View Post
    http://www.jetcityorange.com/MosquitoRingtone.html

Just set this as my new ringtone, heh.
    I don't understand the obsession with this ringtone. If I don't want people to hear my phone ring, I put it on vibrate and shove it in my pocket. Tada.

3. Default

unfortunately, my vibrator is pretty loud. this way there is only a very, very slim chance of a teacher hearing it. and the ones who have, thought it was the tv.

my friends are always making fun of me about how i can't hear. mainly cause i don't wear earplugs while playing music. so we listened to this, and he started whining about it, and i couldn't hear a thing. pretty funny.

reminds me of a story when i was in high school....

there was this "dog" ugly girl sitting by the front door of the class room. all the sudden, she starts holding her ears and screaming. then she turns back to us and goes, "do you guys not hear that?"

"what?"

"sounds like a dog whistle"

laughter ensues.

My last hearing test six years ago rated excellent and I can't hear this at all. I'm generally considered to have very good hearing and hear things other people miss all the time. I'm disappointed. I thought for sure I'd hear it. I do hear some kind of barely perceptible change when I play it, but nowhere near enough to be considered "hearing" something.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I take it back, I can hear it. Not well, but I can still hear it. I needed better speakers is all. My friend had some good externals that worked. It appears that some standard computer speakers cannot reproduce this frequency at sufficient amplitude.

It's funny. I put my ear right up next to the speaker on almost full volume expecting not to hear a thing. When the sound clicked in, it made me jerk my head away. I don't know if this makes sense. The sound was hard to hear, but it "felt" loud. My ear still feels weird.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    I take it back, I can hear it. Not well, but I can still hear it. I needed better speakers is all. My friend had some good externals that worked. It appears that some standard computer speakers cannot reproduce this frequency at sufficient amplitude.

It's funny. I put my ear right up next to the speaker on almost full volume expecting not to hear a thing. When the sound clicked in, it made me jerk my head away. I don't know if this makes sense. The sound was hard to hear, but it "felt" loud. My ear still feels weird.
    Makes sense. High frequency notes are much more damaging to your ear than a lower frequency at relatively the same amplitude.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

8. Default

a friend of mine has a pretty nice compnent sound system in his jeep. i put the tone on a cd, turned his treble all the way up and bass down then put it as loud as it could go. I have never been in so much pain

Thread Information