Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Sampler Thread

It stands for Delivary Confiration Number.
    Don't say DC at the post office, they won't know what you're talking about.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

john51277 Guest

Thanks guys!!

Gentlemen,

My name is Doug and I am new to the forum. I have been smoking for a little over a year now and I have a pretty small collection (30-40 cigars). I often find myself purchasing the more expensive Cohibas, Gurkhas, Arturo Fuentes, etc. I sample here and there, mostly what my friends suggest to me, however I am looking to broaden my horizons. If you could please help guide me, I would greatly appreciate. I'm looking for a list of quality cigars that you gentlemen enjoy. Also, I am traveling abroad in 2 weeks and will be able to purchase Cuban cigars. Does anybody know of any fine, Cuban cigars I should try? Thank you.

-Doug

Welcome to the board usma147. You might want to start a new thread with your introduction so more people see it. This thread is generally used if you want to purchase a sample of cigars that a "vetran" smoker compiles for a newbie. (read the first page)

As for cuban cigars to try, it all depends on what you like. The Montecristo cigars are known to be good, and I myself enjoy them. (but be carefull about the knock-offs)

If you looking for some good reasonable mild cigars, try some 5-Vegas Limitada, Baccarat, Flor de Olivia (the last 2 are also about $1.00 a stick, I also have tried the Graycliff Original which is an excellent cigar but cost around $10-$20 a stick).

There are plenty of good smokes out there and if your interested in getting a sample made by a member, this is the thread you should try out (just post with your interest in getting a sampler).

john51277 Guest

FunkyCold5 just came through with an excellent sampler for this newbie. I cant wait to try them, there are about 5-6 I really wanted to try but the local B&M did not carry. Thanks again.

You can go ahead and put me on deck again, Dan.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

7. Default

Wow I just recieved my package from Dan and I don't know what to say. I'm stunned by the varity and choices....I'll be smoken for a while with this deal.

Thanks a bunch.

I can do one more and I am out for a little while. I can only ship into the US though. Sorry CA guys.

John,

I'm glad the package got there safe. ENJOY!

Dan, you can sign me up for one more Sampler as well. Thanks.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    FunkyCold5 just came through with an excellent sampler for this newbie. I cant wait to try them, there are about 5-6 I really wanted to try but the local B&M did not carry. Thanks again.
    Last edited by FunkyCold5; 03-02-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks for all the help

Anyone interested in helping out a newbie in Canada?
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    Anyone interested in helping out a newbie in Canada?
    Hell, why not. Dan, put me in for one.

Corvin, feel free to PM me with the $ amount you are looking for and anything else.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Alright, put me in coach. I'm good for one around $50-60.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

PM sent to drew_goring
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

john51277 Guest

Is there a limit on how many times we can set up to do this??? I would like to trade once or twice more with different people and try even more.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    PM sent to drew_goring
    Deal in the works with Corvin

Is there a limit on how many times we can set up to do this??? I would like to trade once or twice more with different people and try even more.

John

If you would like, I can give you the contact info for a wonderful B&M in Florida that does mail order as well if you are looking for more smokes.

john51277 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    If you would like, I can give you the contact info for a wonderful B&M in Florida that does mail order as well if you are looking for more smokes.
    There always has to be one in the croud huh???

There always has to be one in the croud huh???

Lol, not sure what you're getting at there, but I am serious.

Actually now that I think about it I see how funny it is...if you are thinking what I'm thinking.

And no, not that one. A REPUTABLE one.

Guado sent me a generous selection of cigars for the newbie trade. I highly recommend everyone participate in this at least once.

Thanks Guado!

-Chad
    Last edited by chadth; 03-08-2007 at 10:26 PM.
    For let a man, as most men do, rate themselves at the highest value they can, yet their true value is no more than it is esteemed by others. -Thomas Hobbes

Thread Information