Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Sampler Thread

Default Newbie Sampler Thread

Eric was very generous to start this up a while back. Since the original thread has been inactive for quite some time I am starting a new one. This is a great way for Newbs to get into some nice cigars and get a chance to sample a variety of good smokes.

Since Eric was doing a great job and was an originator of thisidea I will honor him by keeping his rules exactly as they were.

For now I am putting myself as the sponsor and any newbs are welcome to PM me with their requests / interests. I am also hoping that some FOGs will join me in being a part of a rotation either on a regular - or just every once in a while - basis ( Kevin7 I think this will perfectly for your buy me these deals )

HERE ARE THE RULES

Newbie Sampler Thread FAQ

1. What is the Newbie Sampler Thread?

A: A place where a Newbie (or anybody actually) can trade for a variety of Cigars. This thread was started with the idea of getting a newbie to trade with an "experienced" guy who wanted to get some cigars. The Newbie would buy the old guy what he wanted (or send cash) and the "experienced" guy would send the newbie a nice package of assorted singles to get the newbie started on some new favorites. Minimum trade value is $50 but most FOGS can handle trades of $100 or more.

2. Why would I want to trade with these people?

A: You are looking to sample a large variety of smokes. You can either go and overpay for a bunch of singles or you could get involved with a trade, receiving top quality sticks from a personally cared for selection of cigars that are ready for you to smoke. It's your choice.

3. How do I know I will actually get my cigars?

A: The people trading here have been doing so for quite some time, and are not going to screw around with a good thing for all parties (and not going to let anyone else screw it up for them), in order to screw you out of a few dollars.

4. How do I know I am not getting ripped off with a bunch of dog rockets?

A: Again, read the BB and you will get a feeling for those who trade here. May one or two of the cigars you receive be a dog rocket to you? Yes it is possible since taste is subjective, but how long do you think someone is going to be able to continue to trade if they are not giving fair (and to be perfectly honest you usually get MORE than fair value) in their trades. Why would anyone want to trade with them?

5. I haven't been around here long, but I have been smoking for _____ and I don't think I really should be qualified as a newbie.

A: You are. Get over it.

6. So how do I go about doing this? Who do I trade with?

The current trader (usually has "(Now Up!)" by their name), is the person that you would contact. You initiate a trade by sending a PM or E-Mail to that trader simply stating that you are interested in a Newbie Sampler Trade and any additional pertinent information including budget constraints. (i.e. "looking to do a Newbie trade in the ballpark of $60 - $80 dollars").

If for some reason that trader is unable to accomodate you (i.e. budget amounts don't work out or trader can not accomodate type of sampler desired), you move on to the next person on the list until someone can meet your needs.

7. Where can I get more information?

A: Yup, you’re a newbie. If you have a question, feel free to ask away. Most people will give you very good information.

Sponsors:

Cigar No Baka -- JustinF DONE
    CgarDan -- Loudpipes78 DONE
    SlcRaiders -- Quint DONE
    CigarSarge -- Dickson DONE
    SmokinDVM -- ChefChris DONE
    CgarDan -- FunkyCold5 DONE
    CigarSarge --- Cale DONE
    CgarDan -- Boomshay DONE
    CigarSarge -- Dru Lee Parsec DONE
    Drew_Goring -- Razor DONE
    SlcRaiders -- Sidewinder DONE
    CgarDan -- Derivation DONE
    TheNakedGun --- Monk DONE
    Guado -- 597 DONE
    FunkyCold5 -- SkinnyDan and Jiaguy DONE
    SlcRaiders -- Mills DONE
    CgarDan -- Stephen DONE
    FunkyCold5 -- John51277 DONE
    Guado -- Chadth DONE
    TheNakedGun -- John51277 DONE
    DRewGoring -- Voctory 01 DONE
    SlcRaiders -- Feldspar DONE
    Guado -- Pwnstar590 DONE
    FunkyCold5 -- Forgop DONE
    Newfie -- Kass DONE
    ChefChris -- DONE
    Newfie -- Labman DONE
    FunkyCold5 --Bigwhiteash DONE
    Guado -- The Korean DONE
    SpiffyKyle -- MaduroMan DONE
    CgarDan -- gaines1016 DONE
    FunkyCold5 -- now up
    SpiffyKyle -- now up
    CigarSarge -- now up

Please keep me updated on your trades and rotation prefferences.
    Last edited by CgarDan; 10-02-2007 at 12:03 PM.

Dan,
    I'll participate as a sponsor, if this thing takes off.

Thanks Barry let's see where this goes

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Tell you what. I'll volunteer to be "The Newbie". But I'll have to wait until the first part of November. I'm a music teacher and all my students pay at the first lesson of the month so as the month goes on I have to become more careful with my cash.

Also, I'm such a newbie that I don't even have a humidor right now. But I'll be receiving one that I ordered in the mail in the next week or so. Give me another week to get it stabilized and that also puts us at the start of next month.

So I'll post again here around the first week of November and we'll see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru Lee Parsec View Post
    Tell you what. I'll volunteer to be "The Newbie". But I'll have to wait until the first part of November. I'm a music teacher and all my students pay at the first lesson of the month so as the month goes on I have to become more careful with my cash.

Also, I'm such a newbie that I don't even have a humidor right now. But I'll be receiving one that I ordered in the mail in the next week or so. Give me another week to get it stabilized and that also puts us at the start of next month.

So I'll post again here around the first week of November and we'll see how this goes.
    Sounds good

I am definitely interested in doing this but right now I'm on budget restraint since I just dropped a buck on some CI deals. I also need to get my new humi from Guado (best groomsman present ever!!!!!!) so that I'll actually have room to store them.

I'll definitely be back to this thread because buying individuals to try is destroying my budget.

Edit: Screw it! I'm in. PM sent.
    Last edited by Loudpipes78; 10-16-2006 at 04:12 PM.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

I'm interested as well if this takes off.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinF View Post
    I'm interested as well if this takes off.
    PM if you want a sampler and we will work something out

PM sent

Looks like this thing is gathering steam and with inflow of Newbies everyday this one should be really popular.

ANY FOGs WANT TO HELP OUT PLEASE PM ME OR JUST POST HERE

Ok count me in, I'll participate.

I can do this a few times for any Canadian newbs. My non-cuban stock is low, and we all know cubans are illegal in the US .
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    Looks like this thing is gathering steam and with inflow of Newbies everyday this one should be really popular.

ANY FOGs WANT TO HELP OUT PLEASE PM ME OR JUST POST HERE
    Dan,

I am not a FOG, but I would be willing to help out with a rotation or two. I remember my first sampler as a newbie from eshaw's original thread. It really helped to blast this hobby off to a new level for me.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Dan, where are we with this? Who are the donors? Who is on deck etc?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

yeah, get a list going or something. I think there are enough people now that we could get this going.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Mike,

The package is on its way

DC # 0103 8555 7498 2723 3138

Let me know when you get it.

Dan

17. Default

OK newbies...Get off your ass and sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    Mike,

The package is on its way

DC # 0103 8555 7498 2723 3138

Let me know when you get it.

Dan
    ROCK ON!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    OK newbies...Get off your ass and sign up.
    Hopefully once I get my sampler and some pics up we'll get some more interest.

I'm definitely interested in this, but i'll have to wait until I get my humidor. I plan on ordering it from cubancrafters today, anyone know how long their shipping usually takes?

THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I snapped some photos quick and got them in my humis already. I'll have pics up in a few hours or so, gotta upload from the digi, blah blah blah.

DAN IS THE MAN!!!

I'll post up more info later.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Thread Information