Thread: New Member Suggestion needed

Ruger1v Guest

Default New Member Suggestion needed

Hi all, I am am new to the site and new to cigar smokin'. I have been at it for about 6 months and am sure glad that the first cigar I tried 6 months ago was a good one, In my opinion... It was a CAO Cameroon. Didn't know a whole bunch about cigars back then and still have alot to learn... Just know that I had a real bad smoke a few weeks after that first one and am sure glad my pal didn't give me that one... If that was the case I guess I wouldn't be writing now and wouldn't be a cigar lover...... I seem to like the smokes with a tight draw and that are box pressed...... Any suggestions on a smoke that is not so bold as for what a seasoned smoker would enjoy... So far I seemed to enjoy the Cao Cameroon, Rockey Patel vintage series, H. Upmann, and Gispert Maduro..... Any other suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks Bill H

I always defer to Arturo Fuente's Hemingway or Don Carlos line. The petit corona is my favorite Fuente. Try some of those.

Ruger1v Guest

thanks will give them a try.....

Try a Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Gold or a Sancho Panza Double Maduro. Both are box pressed and flavorful but won't knock you over.

Ruger1v Guest

great, that should keep me busy for a bit.... i will get back and let you all know what i think....

Please hurry. We patiently await your return...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger1v View Post
    great, that should keep me busy for a bit.... i will get back and let you all know what i think....

those aren't cubans....his palette is too much for anything else...

putz!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger1v View Post
    Hi all, I am am new to the site and new to cigar smokin'. I have been at it for about 6 months and am sure glad that the first cigar I tried 6 months ago was a good one, In my opinion... It was a CAO Cameroon. Didn't know a whole bunch about cigars back then and still have alot to learn... Just know that I had a real bad smoke a few weeks after that first one and am sure glad my pal didn't give me that one... If that was the case I guess I wouldn't be writing now and wouldn't be a cigar lover...... I seem to like the smokes with a tight draw and that are box pressed...... Any suggestions on a smoke that is not so bold as for what a seasoned smoker would enjoy... So far I seemed to enjoy the Cao Cameroon, Rockey Patel vintage series, H. Upmann, and Gispert Maduro..... Any other suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks Bill H

A box press lover ah? You will get a better selection of smokes that are round, imo, plus the box pressed cigars generally turn round as you smoke them (when they get hot).

Anyway try these, they are decent smokes for a newb and wont break the bank:

Ancient Warrior (slightly expensive...)
    Punch Grand Cru
    La Gloria Cubana (natural or Maduro), some shapes are box press too!
    Cuesta-Rey Centenario
    Oliva series 'O'

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    LMAO!
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

11. Default

bye bye fucktard ,dont let the door hit your pansy ass on the way out LMAO
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information