Thread: Flying

Default Flying

I don't mean to turn this into Craig's list, but this is a rant about Priceline's Airline deal emails I get from time to time. The last one was for round trip airfare for under $220. For someone who likes to travel, this lit up my radar like the Hindenburg. Chicago - Orlando for $122, Los Angeles - Las Vegas for $103, Denver - Nashville for $202, Seattle - Austin for $162, and Washington Dc to NYC for $124. After looking at all these cool trips, Dc gets on option, fly to NYC for $124. Why would I want to fly to NYC when a bus RT is $35 and the train, which in my opinion is the way to travel, costs half of the flight. To go to the airport, park, go through security, wait, board plane, fly an hour, land, wait, get off plane, wait to clime baggage, wait for taxi into NYC, you could have bussed or taken the train and actually been dropped off in NYC. Why would I want to fly somewhere when it becomes the biggest hassle of all available means of transportation? Any one of these other cities have a great deal. Don't like the onset of winter, go somewhere warm. Got too much money, go to Vegas, like Country music(or Dolly World) go to Nashville. They are good deals. DC to NYC by means of plane is stupid.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I wouldn't disagree - but sometimes you're not just paying for a seat. You get a different audience on the plane, different conveniences. Even in Amtrak - I'll go business class or Acela - not necessarily b/c there's a difference in the seat - but for the extra $30, I'll have an empty car, peace and quiet, and no 20 college students talking on the cell phone. Just my $0.02.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    I wouldn't disagree - but sometimes you're not just paying for a seat. You get a different audience on the plane, different conveniences. Even in Amtrak - I'll go business class or Acela - not necessarily b/c there's a difference in the seat - but for the extra $30, I'll have an empty car, peace and quiet, and no 20 college students talking on the cell phone. Just my $0.02.
    My point was that, Seattle to Texas, LA to Vegas, Denver to Nashville. If i had $150 dollars to spend on a whim, I'd strongly consider taking one of these flights. To go to DC, I wouldn't fly, I'd take a bus or the train for less then half the price. You cannot bus it from Seattle to Texas in 4 hours, you cannot train it from Denver to Nashville in four hours. Maybe from LA to Vegas but I'm feeling neglected by priceline. At the risk of killing any sense of seriousness with this post: William Shatner needs to start helping a brotha out.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information