Thread: Gotta Love Middle Eastern Thinking

Default Gotta Love Middle Eastern Thinking

Check out this article:
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=305

Essentially, the media in the middle-east say the new apple store on 5th Ave. here in NYC is an insult to the Islam world (because of its cube shape) and asks in hopes that, "This project will be stopped." That's just messed up folks. I don't know of any other religious culture that gets so offended by architecture. I didn't know cubes shouldn't be used by anyone but worshipping muslims.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I just heard a fatwa was issued against the creater of the Rubik's Cube. It is an insult to islam

Quote Originally Posted by designwise1 View Post
    Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads.

Get out of my country, you towel-headed pieces of shit! I piss in the direction of Mecca and wipe my ass with pictures of Mohammed.

I have no tolerance left... can you tell?
    I'm getting pretty upset with Muslims. I know its extremests who are doing this shit, but shit, how about the common man stepping up and trying to get some fucking rational balanced thinking. I dont hear any of that stuff. Grow some balls, speak your mind, dont cave to these violent fucks. It seams like the common man is afraid to speak up becuase his buddies are brainwashed and think killing inocents is what the All Mighty really wants. Idiots.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    I'm getting pretty upset with Muslims. I know its extremests who are doing this shit, but shit, how about the common man stepping up and trying to get some fucking rational balanced thinking. I dont hear any of that stuff. Grow some balls, speak your mind, dont cave to these violent fucks. It seams like the common man is afraid to speak up becuase his buddies are brainwashed and think killing inocents is what the All Mighty really wants. Idiots.

I think you rely a little to much on your media, who are notoriously biased. Plenty of Muslims don't agree with crap like that article. Add to the fact that many of your Christian fundamentalists are just as bad. End of the day it sounds like you guys are complaining about free speech. How ironic.

Generalisations don't help anything really.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    I think you rely a little to much on your media, who are notoriously biased. Plenty of Muslims don't agree with crap like that article. Add to the fact that many of your Christian fundamentalists are just as bad. End of the day it sounds like you guys are complaining about free speech. How ironic.

-W.
    Monk, as concerns the article itself, it was put out by a Muslim research group that deals with Middle Eastern media. So, this wasn't our "American" media putting this out there or mis-interpreting the Muslim research group. In fact, in response to the study, many Muslims have said, as many have before, not all of us are extremist morons like some. But, the Muslim research group responded by saying, this is how it went down in the Middle-Eastern media, we don't control what those groups say, we just report it.

As for free speech, at least my point was not to say they shouldn't be allowed to say something like that, but rather that it's a real stupid thing to say.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Monk, as concerns the article itself, it was put out by a Muslim research group that deals with Middle Eastern media. So, this wasn't our "American" media putting this out there or mis-interpreting the Muslim research group. In fact, in response to the study, many Muslims have said, as many have before, not all of us are extremist morons like some. But, the Muslim research group responded by saying, this is how it went down in the Middle-Eastern media, we don't control what those groups say, we just report it.

As for free speech, at least my point was not to say they shouldn't be allowed to say something like that, but rather that it's a real stupid thing to say.
    My comments were more directed at the comments other than yours BigMacFU

And for the record I agree, it is a pretty stupid thing to say

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Monk:

I think you actually make a good point. I think we need to remember that for Bush's war on Iraq requires that he keep telling us that "they are nuts and we're in the right, no matter what". Providing media coverage of this type of extreamism and ignoring the moderate point of view plays right into his agenda.

Cabaiguan Juan: I think you're correct as well. I'm sure that most muslims are not so angry that they are insulted by a cube. But once again, it benefits the current administrations policies to portray all muslims as fanatics.

But I'll stop there or else this will turn into a political thread, and I've had enough of those to last me for a while.

I think you rely a little to much on your media, who are notoriously biased. Plenty of Muslims don't agree with crap like that article.
    My point was based on what I see and hear, and true, the media is biased. I'm glad that most muslins don't agree with the extremists.
    Add to the fact that many of your Christian fundamentalists are just as bad.
    I don’t know of many fundamentalists who go about blowing themselves up and trying to kill as many of their religious brothers as possible, with the exception of the ones in Ireland. Obviously Christians do have a colorful past, but history is history and the present is what I'm talking about.
    End of the day it sounds like you guys are complaining about free speech. How ironic.

This has nothing to do about free speech. I don’t know where you are making that connection, unless to you, someone blowing themselves up is considered 'speech'. I am all for free speech, though I don’t agree with what everyone is saying.

And finally, true, generalisations dont help, but if you read what i wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    I'm getting pretty upset with Muslims. I know its extremests who are doing this shit
    I focused my point to the problem.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dru Lee Parsec View Post
    Monk:

I think you actually make a good point. I think we need to remember that for Bush's war on Iraq requires that he keep telling us that "they are nuts and we're in the right, no matter what". Providing media coverage of this type of extreamism and ignoring the moderate point of view plays right into his agenda.

Cabaiguan Juan: I think you're correct as well. I'm sure that most muslims are not so angry that they are insulted by a cube. But once again, it benefits the current administrations policies to portray all muslims as fanatics.
    DLP & Monk,
    I've just decided to stop following the news b/c its full of biased negitive unconstructive shit, but I do need to tell myself to take the news with a grain of salt more often.

Thread Information