Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I quit...

Default I think I quit...

Well, I think Im quitting smoking. I havent smoked a cigar in about a month now, maybe even longer.

Im sure some of you will want to know why I stopped and yes, its for a girl. I actually stopped drinking also. I would usually smoke and have a beer or two when I had a bad day at work or I was stressing about something, which was usually a girl. Now, I have a new boss that is awesome and also have a girlfriend which I think is going to last a long time.

She doesnt like me smoking or drinking, but didnt ask me to stop, it was my decision. Now my problem is, I have about 30 smokes in my humi just sitting around. Im debating selling them because no one I know really smokes cigars. I have alot of good smokes like Diamond Crown, A.F, RP 92' vintage, 5Vegas 'A' and so on. You guys think I should keep em or sell em?

EDIT: Hell of a 300th post huh?
    Last edited by Empire23; 10-13-2006 at 10:37 PM. Reason: post count
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

I'd say keep em. You never know when you might want one and they are a nice decoration. And hey, they get better with age! Golf, Poker night, Guy's night... etc.

bigpoppapuff Guest

if you're not drinking in excess...and enjoy a cigar by yourself...why quit??......let's just say it doesn't work out with her....what would you do then??......if you want to sell your cigars...make an offer....i'd keep smoking....it's not like it's a crime....think about what you're going to do..."she doesn't like your smoking and drinking".....who died and made her the queen...man up,son...

if she wants you...she wants you the way she met you...does she think you're putty??...

hold on to them for at least a few more months.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

If she really loves you,she wont care if you smoke.If she tries to change you,trust me,you better kick her to the curb.I had been married for 8 yrs when I began to smoke cigars.My wife never bitched a lick.Be yourself,dont try to act different to please her.You'll be better in the long run for it.

Keep 'em. They improve with age.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post

the cigars do....oft times,the women don't....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    the cigars do....oft times,the women don't....
    LOL! Thanks for the clarification,

Blog Entries

10. Default

I understand pressure from loved ones about cigars, food and drink. I've cut way back on all the above.

You gotta do what's right for you and your situation.

If it were me I would keep them. I'm the kind of guy that is gonna do what he wants to do...In moderation to please the wife and granddaughter.

If you choose to sell em this is the right place.

What man doesn't need a little time to himself every now and then? Keep the smokes! Buy yourself a good bottle of hooch and store them in a safe place. Then when the time comes and you have an hour or so to yourself enjoy all three ( time alone, cigar, and drink). If this lady turns out to be serious those may be the only three things you will have left to cherish. I think most of us married men will agree on this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    if you're not drinking in excess...and enjoy a cigar by yourself...why quit??......let's just say it doesn't work out with her....what would you do then??......if you want to sell your cigars...make an offer....i'd keep smoking....it's not like it's a crime....think about what you're going to do..."she doesn't like your smoking and drinking".....who died and made her the queen...man up,son...

if she wants you...she wants you the way she met you...does she think you're putty??...
    Quote Originally Posted by dpenix76 View Post
    If she really loves you,she wont care if you smoke.If she tries to change you,trust me,you better kick her to the curb.I had been married for 8 yrs when I began to smoke cigars.My wife never bitched a lick.Be yourself,dont try to act different to please her.You'll be better in the long run for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BunkyX View Post
    What man doesn't need a little time to himself every now and then? Keep the smokes! Buy yourself a good bottle of hooch and store them in a safe place. Then when the time comes and you have an hour or so to yourself enjoy all three ( time alone, cigar, and drink). If this lady turns out to be serious those may be the only three things you will have left to cherish. I think most of us married men will agree on this.

What these three said! I think anything else I have to say would just be repitive.

I was NOT a big smoker when I started dating my wife or a big drinker either... over the last 6 years I've changed my habits and so has she. The one thing that hasn't changed is as long as I'm happy she supports it as long as it's not something crazy or self destructive and even then on rare occassion she's turned a blind eye.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

I'm with LoudPipes, and everyone else of similar opinion. Keep the smokes. Decide for yourself if such a woman is right for you. I've found that some women will date a guy, intent on changing him. It usually doesn't(and shouldn't) work. You are who you are, decisions, choices and all.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Distilled water is cheap. Maybe you'll want to celebrate an anniversary or birth (ahem) at some point and there you go... a cigar is handy that you don't have to re-buy. And it's aged to perfection.
    --Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    ...some women will date a guy, intent on changing him...
    SOME Women?????

Christ, Man. It's prewired into them.

There's an old saying...

"Men marry women expecting them to stay the same and women marry men expecting them to change."

Run for the hills!!!

Yeah, but it doesnt seem like a hard choice for me. Sometimes change is for good. I have time to decide what I want, but its not a decision just for her. Its also for me. I spend too much money on cigars as it is, and I need to be saving money and getting out of debt for stuff I need to do.

Ill let you all know what I decide.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    . Its also for me. I spend too much money on cigars as it is, and I need to be saving money and getting out of debt for stuff I need to do.

Ill let you all know what I decide.
    Im hearing you there brother. I think when I dont have a morgtage, I will feel more comfortable spendig money on cigars. Thats 20 years away though. If you think its for the better, then thats your opinion, and good on you for coming to that. In saying that, you have paid for these already, so just put em away, and let them sit. I am cutting right back till my home loan is alot lower, but I sitll have them, and smoke em occasionally. As has been said before, you may need time alone (shit, I sure have) and its a perfect way to relax.

End of the day, its your smokes, your life, and your missus, so what you do is up to you. Good luck, and Happy Days!
    Smokey the bear says:.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeojVS View Post
    Im hearing you there brother. I think when I dont have a morgtage, I will feel more comfortable spendig money on cigars. Thats 20 years away though. If you think its for the better, then thats your opinion, and good on you for coming to that. In saying that, you have paid for these already, so just put em away, and let them sit. I am cutting right back till my home loan is alot lower, but I sitll have them, and smoke em occasionally. As has been said before, you may need time alone (shit, I sure have) and its a perfect way to relax.

End of the day, its your smokes, your life, and your missus, so what you do is up to you. Good luck, and Happy Days!
    Yeah.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post

I was thinking the SAME thing. Keep the humi in check and even if it has been a few years those things are gonna kick ass!

Hey man, you better get rid of that contraband right away.
    Like they say, (or to the best of my memory anyways), there is no wrath like that of a woman scorned...
    So you better ship all your booze and cigars away, pronto. I'll give you an address for you to ship them too.

Thread Information