Thread: Humidity Question

1. Default Humidity Question

I have been having a problem with my humidor. I have an oshkosh passive humidifyer and a digital hygrometer. I had been using a 50/50 solution in the humidifyer refilling with 100% distilled water on depletion. I haven't moved the humidor, but about 3 months ago I went to refill the humidifyer and I noticed a drop in humidity after refilling. I would check once a week and the humidity kept dropping until it reached about 45%. I removed the cigars and the appliances and checked for warping and cracking, but couldn't find any. I decided to recharge the humidor and placed a shot glass of distilled water in it and left it for a week. Checking a week later I found the water gone and the humidity around 50%. I have now placed a rather large cup of distilled water in the humidor and the humidity seems to have started to climb albeit rather slowly.

My question is does anyone out there have any idea how such a sustained loss of humidity could have occured. I don't smoke that much, maybe one or two every other week, so I can't see how there was a loss.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

SFG75 Guest

Hmmmmm, sounds odd. Could it be a sealing problem? Could be that your humidor "breathes" too much? If you want to basically guarantee that you won't have any problems in the future, get on this site and order yourself some beads. Hope it helps guy, best of luck.

If you don't have a glasstop humidor you could use a flashlight to check. Turn the flashilight on and put it inside and in a dark room and see it light escapes.... As for the beads..... Very good idea, but ya still need to check your seal..... www.climmax.com is good and that's were I got mine from but in the future I would use www.heartfeltindustries.com . I believe the customer service is better.

Buy a Igloo cooler.... then you'll have an Igloodor

Also I believe the amount of cigars you have in there is also a factor, I'm sure someone will add that info.
    Last edited by Bkcloud114; 04-27-2005 at 07:24 PM.

DO THE BEADS!!

You cant go wrong.. also pick up the ones from Viper heartfealdt industries...because with the climaxx you will wait for ever.. if you dont mind the wait go for the climaxx..

Beads have been the best humidification investment I ever made.. these beads are so accurate and very easy to use and maintain..

5. Default

Thanks I will have to check the seal, but i can't possibly imagine what could have happened to that box to warp the seal.

Also, I have gotten beads from both Climaxx and Heartfelt and feel that I got the better deal with Heartfelt. I waited weeks for the Climaxx product to arrive and when I called to find out where it was I got no response. My emails were never answered either. I currently have the beads in my travel humidor and my coolidor. They work great there.

Thread Information