Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lighting Tips

1. Default Lighting Tips

I've pretty much begun smoking on a regular basis, although no matter how I light my little cigars, cigarillos, cigars, and so forth, they always wind up with an ashy taste. I use a butane lighter, by the way, and currently have some Supreme Blend Little Cigars, chocolate and cherry.

Flavored cigars... uh oh... you might be in for some flaming from the FOGS.

For the most part I always try to light up with matches but that's just me.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

bigpoppapuff Guest

if the cigars you're smoking are real cigar leaf,i'm surprised you're noticing an ashy taste....tell us exactly what you're smoking.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    if the cigars you're smoking are real cigar leaf,i'm surprised you're noticing an ashy taste....tell us exactly what you're smoking.....
    He did tell us

Supreme Blend Little Cigars, chocolate and cherry

http://www.smokes-spirits.com/StoreD...3/category/316

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Otterland View Post
    I've pretty much begun smoking on a regular basis, although no matter how I light my little cigars, cigarillos, cigars, and so forth, they always wind up with an ashy taste. I use a butane lighter, by the way, and currently have some Supreme Blend Little Cigars, chocolate and cherry.
    What a puss...

I don't think its the way your lighting but rather what your smoking.

Although, most here aren't into flavored cigars, if you like them, more power to you. So to that point I recommend trying a higher quality flavored cigar, maybe some from drew estate, like an acid. Or a java. You probably won't get an ash taste from them.

also, although not the best tobacco, back woods are all tobacco and have some flavored smokes so you may want to try those if you don't want to pony up for the drew estate cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    What a puss...

This may be a touch early. Lets give the guy a chance.

bigpoppapuff Guest

yeah...i saw the supreme blend,which is not even close to being a cigar......what other gems??....

i'm trying,very hard,to be cordial......NH is so much better than i am,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I don't think its the way your lighting but rather what your smoking.

Although, most here aren't into flavored cigars, if you like them, more power to you. So to that point I recommend trying a higher quality flavored cigar, maybe some from drew estate, like an acid. Or a java. You probably won't get an ash taste from them.

also, although not the best tobacco, back woods are all tobacco and have some flavored smokes so you may want to try those if you don't want to pony up for the drew estate cigars.

One of my amigos... I don't think I can give him BOTL status (because of the following)... only smokes flavored "girly" type cigars. He and his wife swear up and down on Havana Honeys Link

You might want to give that a try.

Al Capone Rum and Cognac Cigarillos aren't that bad either *runs and hides* but I only tend to smoke them when I know I'm going to be out drinking all night with my cigarette smoking friends.

bigpoppapuff Guest

in defense of flavored cigars.....oliveros,cojimar,tatiana,and others, are at least using decent cigar leaf...they're real cigars,albeit flavored......my guess is that duke is smoking crap...

11. Default

I think he is a troll who smoles pole
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Interesting observation Jeremy. Your observations and interests in cigars remind me of a few other members around here like benjamin, tonydogs and most recently ruger but hey what do I know?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-22-2006 at 10:53 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

bigpoppapuff Guest

All about Duke Otterland

His Royal Dukeness Joined: 13 Dec 2005
    Total posts: 176
    [1.23% of total / 0.56 posts per day]
    Find all posts by Duke Otterland
    Location: Copperas Cove, TX, USA / Currently Playing: Xenosaga Episode I
    Interests: RPGs (duh?), writing, fantasy, furries

Blog Entries

OMG. That's disturbing.
    --Gerald

Hobbits smoke pipes

16. Default

He's not smoking shit...He is smoking "the shit". I agree with K7 about this guy.

Time for otterpuss to take a hike.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Hello, and welcome to the Duchy of Otterland. I am Jeremy, the Duke of Otterland, or simply Duke Otterland, and the above poem comes from my very first fantasy novel, Org's Odyssey: A Tale of Post-Human Earth, which I hope you consider buying, after, of course, reading a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    Hello, and welcome to the Duchy of Otterland. I am Jeremy, the Duke of Otterland, or simply Duke Otterland, and the above poem comes from my very first fantasy novel, Org's Odyssey: A Tale of Post-Human Earth, which I hope you consider buying, after, of course, reading a sample.
    "oh, and I've never kissed a girl."

bigpoppapuff Guest

btw.......WTF is a "furrie"??????

bigpoppapuff Guest

OH MY GOD!!!!!

PLEASURES OF THE FUR
    Welcome to the world of "furries": the thousands of Americans who've gotten in touch with their inner raccoon, or wolf, or fox. Judging from the Midwest FurFest, this is no hobby. It's sex; it's religion; it's a whole new way of life.

BY GEORGE GURLEY
    A moose is loitering outside a hotel in the Chicago suburb of Arlington Heights. The moose -- actually a man in a full-body moose costume -- is here for a convention ... and so is the porcupine a few feet away, as well as the many foxes and wolves.

Even the people in regular clothes have a little something (ferret hand puppet, rabbit ears) to set them apart from the ordinary hotel guests. One man in jeans and a button-down shirt gets up from a couch in the lobby and walks over to the elevator, revealing a fluffy tail dragging behind him. The elevator doors open. Inside, a fellow is kissing a man with antlers on his head.

The other hotel guests look stunned.

"We're a group of people who like things having to do with animals and cartoons," a man in a tiger suit tells a woman. "We're furries."

"So cute," the woman says.

Welcome to the Midfest FurFest.

Here, a number of "Furries" -- people whose interest in animal characters goes further than an appreciation of The Lion King -- are gathering together.

At 7:30 P.M., near the front desk, three men known as Pack Rat, Rob Fox, and Zen Wolph are scratching one another's backs -- grooming one another, like macaques in the zoo. "Skritching" [sic], they call it. I am tempted to turn around and run. Instead, I find myself talking with Keith Dickinson, a self-described "computer geek." Not long ago, this man, a 37-year-old from Kansas City, Kansas, was so depressed he could barely bring himself to go to the grocery store. And then it hit him. He started to believe that, somewhere deep down, he was actually ... a polar bear.

"In normal society," Dickinson says, "two people who hardly know each other do not walk up and scratch each other's back. But when you're one of the furs, it's one big extended family."

Next to him is his skinny, longhaired, fedora-wearing sidekick, a 23-year-old art student named Ian Johnson (nametag: R.C. RABBITSFOOT). Last year, Johnson, who has brought the ashes of his dead cat to the FurFest, persuaded Dickinson to attend another furry convention in Memphis, and that's what did it.

"It's a new way of looking at the world," Dickinson says. "It's like looking at it with baby eyes, or cub eyes."

"You regress into a child when you come to a convention,"Johnson says, "because it's that kind of camaraderie, or childishness."

i am seriously afraid now......

Thread Information