Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you spit when you smoke?

Ditto Yeager . . .
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

I love stogies but I'm bad about chewing the last 1/4 so yep, I spit. I don't during the smoke phase,

Rick

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by volshooter
    I love stogies but I'm bad about chewing the last 1/4 so yep, I spit. I don't during the smoke phase,

Rick
    Chewing on 'em? Oh man!. I did try keeping an unlit one in my mouth just for the heck of it, ended up salivating worse than Pavlov's dogs.

4. Default

i spit, only towards the end of a stick tho, towards the end of the stick when i draw i can feel the smoke hit my tongue, and its sorta a burning/spicy type feeling, and that cause me spit, profusely, like a camel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yeagermeister
    I guess if YOU dont do it, no one else should, either.
    No need to be a dick about it. I just posted my thoughts because honestly, it had never occured to me to "spit" when I smoke cigars nor have I ever seen or heard of such behavior.

Don't be so goddam hypersensitive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Ditto Yeager . . .
    You too $hithead.

ROFLMAO........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    ROFLMAO........

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bardock
    i spit, only towards the end of a stick tho, towards the end of the stick when i draw i can feel the smoke hit my tongue, and its sorta a burning/spicy type feeling, and that cause me spit, profusely, like a camel.
    LOL-I totally know the feeling. Try smoking the MX2 if you want to really become a spitfire.

i think spitters miss out on some of the flavor. even when i am salivating a lot, i swallow it or sip my water. that spit that comes in contact with the smoke is good shit!

FYI....
    I have a friend who chews coppenhagen.. He never spits!!!
    lol

He says he is so used to it he no longer needs too...

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    FYI....
    lol

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i think spitters miss out on some of the flavor. even when i am salivating a lot, i swallow it or sip my water. that spit that comes in contact with the smoke is good shit!
    You're probably right in that regard now that I think more about it. I've noticed that on some occassions, a cigar's after taste really hung on, while other times, it dissipated. I'll have to do some experimenting to see if spitting decreases the awesome pleasure of after taste.

Blog Entries

FYI....
    lol

WOW, he's hard core!! Kinda like the people who inhale cigars

About freshman year in high school a few of us got into chewing tobacco (the stuff in the pouch like Beechnut, Red Man, etc.). I never really liked the sawdust stuff, Coppenhagen, Skoal, etc. Then there was this "brick" stuff called "Day's Work" It was like compacted pouch chew and it was pretty good. I got sick on it once I think I gave up chewing tobacco after a year or two.

One of my friends from back then, who I still hang around with and have since high school, chews a pouch or two of Beechnut every day and has since high school He's essentially addicted to the stuff. His dentist told him about 20 years ago he has a high probability of developing throat or esophageal cancer (he saw some white nodules in his mouth) but he won't stop.

Oh, back to the matter at hand, ya pretty much HAVE to spit when chewing this stuff. When we play cards at my house once a month, he goes over to the sink and spits there (damned gross bastid )
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-30-2005 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Kinda like the people who inhale cigars
    )

I can't imagine how anyone could inhale a cigar without getting sick

thats crazy
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

a friend of mine inhales like every other puff or so. it is insane. i keep telling him to stop. he spits a whole lot too, i only do every once in a while.
    Last edited by miller3624; 05-02-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Default Oh I could make.......

a really disgusting (and funny) remark on this one.......but I won't.

I don't spit. Reminds me of chewing tobacco.

A couple of customers of mine come into my work now and then holding a cup being used as a portable spitoon. They stand there at the counter chewing and occaisionally spitting into the cup. My God it's gross.

My smoking buddy does begin to spit as he gets down to the nub. Never asked why.

Cigars generally do increase salivation. No?

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    a really disgusting (and funny) remark on this one.......but I won't.

I don't spit. Reminds me of chewing tobacco.

A couple of customers of mine come into my work now and then holding a cup being used as a portable spitoon. They stand there at the counter chewing and occaisionally spitting into the cup. My God it's gross.

My smoking buddy does begin to spit as he gets down to the nub. Never asked why.

Cigars generally do increase salivation. No?
    I think they do. I know my mouth waters just thinking about them sometimes. And especially when I am smoking a spicy cigar I sometimes spit once or twice, if I am outside... I don't HAVE to spit though.....

I think they do. I know my mouth waters just thinking about them sometimes. And especially when I am smoking a spicy cigar I sometimes spit once or twice, if I am outside... I don't HAVE to spit though.....
    You only spit outside? maybe that's why my wife calls me a !

don't cigars just make your spit thicker? seems like the smoke would mix with the spit making it thicker and seem like more making some people want to spit. just an idea.

Thread Information