Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another n00b intro...

Blog Entries

Yes. The 65% beads work best for most people. The 'experts' seem to think they age better and are easier to light and keep lit when kept at 65 RH.
    They just require a few squirts of distilled water about once a month. (My location anyway--your local conditions may require a less or more frequent adjusting of moisture).
    Good luck!
    --Gerald

We went with the 65%.

I was really impressed I think I ordered them Tuesday and got them on Saturday. They ship from Nevada, I'm in Orlando.

Once you get the humi setup and stable I'd suggest getting in on the newbie sampler that's going on, I should be getting my package Friday.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Welcome from yet another Californian. These guys are full of all sorts of knowledge.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Cale:

It looks like you're going to get a lot of the same cigars I got in my Cuban Crafter sampler (Although your humidor is nicer).

Tell ya what, when you get your's in the mail let's compare what we have. Then let's both smoke the same one and both do a review of the Cuban Crafters cigar from a newbie's perspective.

I already did one "Newbie Review". I think it's cool idea for all the new folks to get a point of view from other folks who havn't developed the cigars lovers palette yet.

That is an awesome idea Dru
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Welcome from another newb.

Default Did you get it?

Cale:

Did your Cuban Crafter Humidor and cigar sampler show up yet? If so, how do you like that humidor? It looks amazing in the photos.

Dru, It came today and i'm stoked!

Finishing up with the salt test right now and it appears my Hygrometer is a little off (reading 70% right now and the instructions say it should read 75%). Not a biggie since I plan on ordering the beads and a digital hygrometer tonight before I head to bed.

Is it important that I get the cigars into the Humi ASAP or can I wait a couple of days until the beads come? The sampler I bought is still in the box and is sealed air tight but the other 3 cigars that I received are in individual packaging but not airtight. Any suggestion on how quick these need to hit the Humi would be very helpful to the newbie!

Also, once I put them in the Humi is it important to leave them in there for a certain amount of time before I smoke 'em?

Thanks again to everyone who welcomed me here, I'm glad to be a part of the family!

Is it important that I get the cigars into the Humi ASAP or can I wait a couple of days until the beads come?
    Go ahead and put them in the humidor now. You won't be hurting anything and the cigars will have a chance to start equalizing their internal humidity.

I found that it's taken over a week to get my humidor to stabilize. My hygrometer was dead on at 75% during the salt test but my humidor is sucking up water like a sponge. So right now I have a small pan of water in my humidor and it's staying stable at 70%. If I take it out it drops to 60%. I think what's happening is that the humidor is still taking in water to stabilize at teh proper humidity.

I noticed that instead of being lined with cedar the Cuban Crafters humidors are actually all cedar with a veneer of wood on the outside. So it make take a bit of time for all that cedar to absorb enough water to hold 65%.

Try the Don Kiki green label and when you're ready for something a bit stronger the Cuban Crafter Cameroons are amazing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gary106334 View Post
    Welcome Cale.
    Welcome to you too Gary!!

What's the "106334" mean? Too many numbers for a zip code or a birthday so ya got me stumped.

Oh sorry Cale, welcome to you too!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information