Thread: flu shots...

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default flu shots...

i get mine every year...got mine wednesday....i get a pneumonia shot every ten years (or is it five??)........anyone else???...

2. Default

mmm. I love having a strong immune system. I haven't had a flu shot, or flu, or anything other than a cold in...probably 7 or 8 years.
    Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

terrified of needles.

seriously.

Blog Entries

The office started giving us free flu shots last year. I just got mine a couple weeks back. I've never had any side effects or anything, but one of my co workers felt pretty bad for a day or 2 afterwards.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

The only time I ever got one was a few years back, and it messed me right up for a couple of days, and to top it off I got the flu that year

Never really been sick since.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Blog Entries

Got mine Monday. I lied and told them I hadn't been sick lately. My arm feels like I have a fever in it, similar to how I feel when my arthritis is at its worst. Other than that... I'm fine.
    --Gerald

Never got one. Never felt the need to. Although I think my new job requiers me to get one now. I will have to look in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    i get mine every year...got mine wednesday....i get a pneumonia shot every ten years (or is it five??)........anyone else???...
    Flu shots are for VERY old people

bigpoppapuff Guest

in 1986 i got pneumonia for the fourth time (three different types),,,,,it was suggested that the flu shot would be a good idea.......started then and get one every year....got a bout of walking pneumonia in 1989....started on the P-shot after that.....the shot doesn't hurt..i get no bad reaction and haven't had any form of the flu (knock on wood)....makes good sense to me....

why take a chance on something that could end up being very serious??.....

I usually get sick once a year and right around this time. I have never had a flu shot and trying not to become dependent on them. keeping my fingers crossed.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Ever since I started getting the flu almost every year about 5-10 years ago, I started getting my shot every year. And my doc recommended a pneumonia shot this year, so I took it, and she said I wouldn't need another one for at least 10 years.

Blog Entries

I get one every year. Air Force requires it.

Thread Information