Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you drink?

In the foothills of the Cascades near Seattle, WA

Default How much do you drink?

I'm primarily a beer guy. I average 4 pints of 5-6% beer/day. Sometimes 5 but normally not more than that. I also like malt Whisky. Been doing this for too many years, and the yearly blood enzymes of the liver shows normal results. No reason to change.

And you?
    Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i rarely drink...once in a while some wine (red is first choice)....out to dinner,i might have an after dinner drink....usually amaretto or frangelica on ice....

3. Default

I drink at least four cups of coffee in the morning, followed by water and Diet Coke in the afternoon (one gallon each), followed by at least six pints of beer in the evening.

Only THEN do I consider myself ready to look at the assinine posts in the "Politics" section.

PS -- Yes, my bathroom breaks are legendary at work. Why do you ask?

I used to go "tie one off" every Saturday night with my boys at a bar downtown where we had a major hook up at. In the first hour of being there we'd usually be through 6-8 shots each. Usually finishing the night somewhere at the 20 drink mark. After many a wasted following day I backed off.

I'll have a couple drinks here and there but nothing to crazy.

Tonight out of the blue I had 2 Stellas, the empty calories just kill me so I try to avoid drinking nightly.

My day starts with 16oz of OJ and through the day I have 3-4 32oz glasses of water.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

On Fridays, I tend to have a malt liquor with my cigars, or when I'm feeling rich, a single malt scotch. But only in moderation.

Then once or twice a year, I really tie it on and have whatever the hell I want and as much as I want.

Prretty much the same as you, but switch the malt for rum. I start the day with half a litre of Cranberry juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdude View Post
    I'm primarily a beer guy. I average 4 pints of 5-6% beer/day. Sometimes 5 but normally not more than that. I also like malt Whisky. Been doing this for too many years, and the yearly blood enzymes of the liver shows normal results. No reason to change.

And you?
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Jeez, not a lot of big drinkers here! LOL!
    Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer.

8. Default

I don't drink alot but I drink well...Usually on wekends. I really like Ron Z Rum as well as Zaya.

I'm into beer also...Chimay Red and Stone Arrogant Bastard are on tomorrows menu.

Sipping on Blue Moon right now...Not bad for a mass produced beer.

I usually down a pint or 2 of Guinness in the evening. It's got everything you need to live well! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

As for Cirrhosis of the Liver, which I assume you are getting at, I heard a report recently that people who drink heavily and suffer liver problems are usually people who don't eat when the imbibe. Those who consume alcohol with meals or munch while they are drinking usually have no problems.

Now, I'm no expert and I don't know if it's true or not. Anyone else heard of this study?

I rarely drink alcohol during the week since I work the third shift. On the weekend I usually go for the darker import beers( Dos Equis, Guiness, Negro Modelo, etc). I very rarely get to throw down some microbrews or the good stuff you can only get at the liquor store. Lately I have been enjoying a Mississippi brewed beer by Lazy Magnolia Brewing Co. The Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale is pretty good.

I enjoy all kinds of single malt scotches, and when I don't have a choice I'll drink Johnny Red or Glenfiddich I usually have a few drinks a week at the least I use to be a big beer drinker but my gut seemed to grow larger by the beer...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Well................... I may have a drink or 2. I am all over the charts as to what I like. It all depends what mood I am in. Over the past year or so I have found myself drinking quite a bit of things I never thought I would ever touch. Early years it was all Captain and Coke. Now I never touch that. Extreme Cherry vodka and Diet Coke, Dark beers (Stout, IPA etc...) Glenlivit or any good scotch, Shot of Allens when I feel a cold comimg on.In the morning I have about 4 cups coffee and then try to drink water throuout the day.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

I refuse to answer on grounds that I may incriminate myself.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

After last night my new answer is

too much

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman455 View Post
    I refuse to answer on grounds that I may incriminate myself.

Oh nonsense Don...... you and I enjoy the same thing, only I prefer beer and you probably favor spirits and mixers. Fair enough?

Normally I maybe have a drink a week, however I do find time to twist off a few times a year and drink a fifth of Rye. I prefer crown and coke.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdude View Post
    Oh nonsense Don...... you and I enjoy the same thing, only I prefer beer and you probably favor spirits and mixers. Fair enough?

ok Rande, 10-15 rum and diet cokes a night along with some bourbon shots or a few sniters of cognac.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I usually down a pint or 2 of Guinness in the evening. It's got everything you need to live well! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

As for Cirrhosis of the Liver, which I assume you are getting at, I heard a report recently that people who drink heavily and suffer liver problems are usually people who don't eat when the imbibe. Those who consume alcohol with meals or munch while they are drinking usually have no problems.

Now, I'm no expert and I don't know if it's true or not. Anyone else heard of this study?
    From what I know, this isn't true. The liver metabolizes alcohol and if you abuse alcohol to the point where you wind up with liver disease, whether you drink on a full or empty stomach will have little or no effect. Food in the stomach slows down the absorption of alcohol but it's not like it avoids the liver from having to deal with it eventually.

I don't drink that much. When I do, it could be any of the following:
    Wine (usually red and my favorite reds are French Bordeauxs)
    Some beer (NOT mass produced American lagers, those SUCK )
    Dark rum (Myers)
    Tequila
    Cordials like Chambord, Baileys, Godiva
    Single malt scotch
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-30-2006 at 12:31 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I do like to slip in a few bottles of Sam Adams though.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    From what I know, this isn't true. The liver metabolizes alcohol and if you abuse alcohol to the point where you wind up with liver disease, whether you drink on a full or empty stomach will have little or no effect. Food in the stomach slows down the absorption of alcohol but it's not like it avoids the liver from having to deal with it eventually.

correct Bill

Thread Information