Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CoventryCat86

Blog Entries

Is it too much to ask at this point for everyone to shake hands and move along? CC you do make a valid point. What this has turned into is back and forth bickering on all sides. I started this thread because I want to put an end to this. Can everyone agree to do so?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

enough already... yeesh

Cigars? Anyone? Mc Fly?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Is it too much to ask at this point for everyone to shake hands and move along? CC you do make a valid point. What this has turned into is back and forth bickering on all sides. I started this thread because I want to put an end to this. Can everyone agree to do so?
    group hug!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    You are still trying to blame others. I am not going to argue with you.

Th title of this thread is "CoventryCat86".

I said my peace I will not get drawn into another lengthy debate with you.

I apologize for my behavior in this situation once again.
    LMAO, you make a stupid comment and immediately follow it with "I'm not going to argue with you."

I'm not trying to "blame others" lab, I'm simply pointing out that particularly in your case, you are probably more guilty of flaming and starting trouble than I am.

And once again, you did it in the post that I just quoted. If you can't see that you aren't exactly as pure as the driven snow, then you're not being very objective here.

"I am labmonkey, I am never wrong, CoventryCat is starting ALL the trouble here and I never do that."

To me, this seems to be your position lab, am I wrong?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Oh sure, you put me on the hotseat, and allow the usual troublemakers to take shots at me, you say nothing to them and we're all supposed to just drop it?

Before you declare and "end to it" hex, I'd like your opinion on labmonkey and roham's posts here if you don't mind.

Personally I am more than ready to put all this behind us.

As long as everyone here is treated with respect there should be no problems. I have participated in way too much of this and have apologized (twice in this thread, and once in another), and am ready to get all this over and done with.

I will carry no grudges, and I will not post another word about it if this what is decided here.

this is a two way street tho coventry. Are you willing to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    I'm sorry, is there anyone out there who thinks I cheated them on plays in passes, splits, or trades? No???? .......nevermind...I'll be merrily moving on here and keep posting until hex asks me to do otherwise.
    rofl
    I second that motion....

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Ban CC! lol That'd remedy it... The knowledge he has is useless with an attitude like that... I would listen to an ape who has never smoked a cigar before tell me about his opinion of stogies rather then CC.... At least the ape wouldn't berate everyone....
    Ban CC

*so sick of cc and happy there is finaly something being attempted *

PS Doesn't really care if he is banned or not... just my two cents......

That'll remedy what, Roham? Maybe the ape wouldn't berate people, but smoke a cigar with an ape and I think you'll be tossed around like a Samsonite suitcase...

The sad part of this post, is you REALLY don't know CC. If you knew CC, you wouldn't so vigorously be trying to ban him. He doesn't have an "attitude", as you say, unless there is good reason for it. He is outspoken, definitely, but is a very knowledgeable and decent person.

It's really sad he's been called out several times - "baited", so to speak. You, Roham, are one of those that did. He has responded with sarcasm when he was treated by you with sarcasm. You haven't exactly been an angel through all of this.

As they say, Roham - "what's good for the goose, is good for the gander" While you may not have necessarily been as vocal as CC, you certainly have been vocal, sarcastic and expressive in your posts - to me and others who you associated with the "evil" CC, even though they had done nothing wrong - and YOU need to quit that too!!!

As far as being banned - correct me if I'm wrong, CC - but I only know of one banning from a cigar board that you've been victim of - and that would be LTC. Of course, they banned EVERYONE who didn't talk nice, or were associated with people who didn't talk nice (kind of like your immature attitude, Roham). I posted ONCE and I was banned - and all I posted was this funny picture:

http://www.cigarphotos.com/albums/userpics/10070/normal_PB%20Party.jpg

This was true ESPECIALLY if the person disagreed in the slightest with any of the mods or the site owner. And there were people banned over there that had no BUSINESS being banned (people like you, Roham - think about that...). The bannings were due, primarily, to the immaturity of the site owner - not realizing that a viable online community has to express itself without much interference. That's why CC refers to the LTC site as the "Island of Misfit Toys" - they created a cloistered community - locked out to the public - and talked with one another (amongst other things) about how there were "spies" amongst them...

That's why all of the initial posts here about Oblik were of the nature they were. And it appears to me that Oblik is maturing in his responsibilities here. That's obvious from his interaction with CC. Oblik - I think you're on the right track!!!

From my perspective, knowing SFG from another board, I see something going on that is VERY similar to the "baiting" some complain about here, just not nearly as obvious but equally sinister. While SFG is not responding to CC's comments, he has been posting quite a few trivial nonsense threads which he KNOWS will draw CC out - the more CC responds, the more he posts. And he knows WHY it will draw CC out - because there are unresolved issues between CC and SFG (and a bunch of other people, for that matter). I will tell you that if CC were to tell others SFG is posting here, there would be at least a few others who would like to chime in. Obviously, that's not happened because I suspect CC KNOWS where that would lead (and it ain't pretty!!!).

I was on the sidelines as the war of words that was going on between SFG and other members of the CP community - and I was TRULY saddened by what I saw. SFG was not banned from CP because someone believed it to be expedient to do so. He was banned because of his EXTREMELY rude and obnoxious behavior between two sites (CP and LTC) (the culmination of which was the "CPFU Pass" on LTC, and I don't need to tell you what the "FU" means - PRIOR TO HIS BEING BANNED AT CP). Rod, the site owner asked about it, and Scott let Rod have it. Very few know EXACTLY what Scott said to Rod, but whatever it was, it was good - because Scott was done on the CP site VERY shortly afterwards - and Rod has not talked about it. 2,000 members of CP, and only FOUR have ever been banned speaks volumes....

Thank you Hex for allowing public discussion and comment on this issue. I think EVERYONE who has a vested interest in this site should have the ability to openly discuss this issue. Irregardless of their personal views. I assure you that once this week long furor dies down (short in the great scheme of things), and CC is seen for who is is, you will all regret feeling the way you do (except maybe SFG, who's got some SERIOUS bridge mending to do...)

You are still trying to blame others. I am not going to argue with you.

Th title of this thread is "CoventryCat86".

I said my peace I will not get drawn into another lengthy debate with you.

I apologize for my behavior in this situation once again.

I think this has been the fourth or fifth apology - I lost count.

What is that saying?? "It's better to apologize than to ask for permission..."

It seems to me if you were truly "sorry", as you say, you would stop your nonsense....

ggeise. i respectfully disagree with your take on roham "baiting" CC in this. Roham started out just asking for the bashing to stop, as did a few of us, me included. We understood the stuff going on about Oblik and had heard enough and asked for it to drop, so we could just get past it, if you read back in the threads involved, the name calling and badmouthing originated with CC and a few of you guys.

Now I freely admit AFTER THAT WAS INITIATED, I got ruffled and continued way longer than was warranted, but still, my posts never included the antagonistic name calling that was contained in CC's posts(and still contained in his posts elswhere on the board today).

Coventry tried his best to INFER from my posts any bit of offensiveness he could in order to justify his rancor, and usually followed it with an insult of some kind.

THIS IS THE BEHAVIOR THAT IS AT ISSUE!

I can't speak for Roham but to hear you say that Coventry is innocent because he is just being "baited" by other members is quite unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I think this has been the fourth or fifth apology - I lost count.

What is that saying?? "It's better to apologize than to ask for permission..."

It seems to me if you were truly "sorry", as you say, you would stop your nonsense....
    That is the point of this thread...to stop all this nonsense.

But as I said earlier....this is a two way street.

I am admitting my part of it.

we're all a bunch of assholes! and everyone who posted in this thread should be banned!

o, wait.........

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    we're all a bunch of assholes! and everyone who posted in this thread should be banned!

o, wait.........

Blog Entries

I agree, I'm going to take the forum offline and convert the domain into a cigar auction site... screw you guys I'm cashing out...

(I'm obviously joking)

I admit it; I probably jumped the gun in posting this thread in the matter in which I did it. I apologize for the way I handled it. I'm not a morning person, and as mentioned before I'm new to the forum admin game. Several PM's in my box made me jump the gun a bit. But it’s posted and here to stay. Let’s get something out of it.

CC you have to understand that this has been a relatively peaceful community since we started. Reading over some of the threads and looking a bit closer I do see where you are not the only instigator here. I see 2 separate factions developing where there don’t need to be any at all. We are all BOTL’s here.

I'm going to ask this again. How can we all get to common ground and get passed this? Every time a new guy comes around that doesn’t see eye to eye with someone else here I would like to think its not going to turn into flame war 2k5.

awww....c'mon hex...I always wanted to be in a faction.....it sounds so coool

(jk)

I am happy to see this being talked out.

As for the future . . . I appreciate the apologies for past transgressions and hope that all will be well. I also appreciate the warnings of questionable behavior in other forums by members. As a member of this site I think we all owe a duty to each other to watch the back of our fellow members. However, a single warning or discrete PM will suffice. Constant badgering and public ridicule is very difficult to swallow and makes for a very unpleasant site.

CCat . . . I have really enjoyed reading some of your opinions on cigar related matters. As it was said previously, it is obvious that you are a veteran BOTL and know your stuff. Your knowledge and opinions are an asset to the community. Additionally, your previous dealings, good and bad, with others on other sites should be a big help here too. Looking out for us here is appreciated but in the end let us, individually, decide who to and who not to trust. Take my advice from the previous paragraph and I think we can all get back to relaxing with a good smoke. I look forward to discussing cigars with you and maybe some day a bunch of us can get together and burn a few.

If everything ends soon I will be very happy. If new issues arise, as I am sure they will, I look forward to brief, mature discussions to resolve those matters.

Hex . . . although you said you think you handled it poorly don't be too hard on yourself. It was, and I hope I am correct in placing it in the past tense, a very difficult situation. Hopefully you will not have to resort to any more drastic measures to ensure the harmony and success of the board.

- Jason

ps I am really looking forward to the second box pass and have been lining up a few smokes (puts and freebies) for my turn in the pass.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

ggeise. i respectfully disagree with your take on roham "baiting" CC in this. Roham started out just asking for the bashing to stop, as did a few of us, me included. We understood the stuff going on about Oblik and had heard enough and asked for it to drop, so we could just get past it, if you read back in the threads involved, the name calling and badmouthing originated with CC and a few of you guys.

Now I freely admit AFTER THAT WAS INITIATED, I got ruffled and continued way longer than was warranted, but still, my posts never included the antagonistic name calling that was contained in CC's posts(and still contained in his posts elswhere on the board today).

Coventry tried his best to INFER from my posts any bit of offensiveness he could in order to justify his rancor, and usually followed it with an insult of some kind.

THIS IS THE BEHAVIOR THAT IS AT ISSUE!

I can't speak for Roham but to hear you say that Coventry is innocent because he is just being "baited" by other members is quite unbelievable.
    Labmoney, you too are on the short list of individuals that have been sarcastic and rude, and then claim that it was the other that started it. You've been in the thick of this saying some pretty obnoxious things, "AFTER THAT WAS INITIATED". It doesn't take much to infer anything from your posts - you've made it pretty clear how you feel... Your participation in this came AFTER you participated - not before. CC was not posting at you, but in RESPONSE to you - in other words, the fur didn't start flying until you jumped in with both feet. Don't play the innocent now....

So don't dump this crap about CC not being innocent because he was being baited by other members being unbelievable - what's unbelievable is your insistance that you and Roham (and others) are not to blame... You don't want sarcastic comments made towards you, don't make sarcastic comments to others. It's that simple...

Alright, let's just ignore the comments. Either they will go away or he will.

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    I am happy to see this being talked out.

As for the future . . . I appreciate the apologies for past transgressions and hope that all will be well. I also appreciate the warnings of questionable behavior in other forums by members. As a member of this site I think we all owe a duty to each other to watch the back of our fellow members. However, a single warning or discrete PM will suffice. Constant badgering and public ridicule is very difficult to swallow and makes for a very unpleasant site.

CCat . . . I have really enjoyed reading some of your opinions on cigar related matters. As it was said previously, it is obvious that you are a veteran BOTL and know your stuff. Your knowledge and opinions are an asset to the community. Additionally, your previous dealings, good and bad, with others on other sites should be a big help here too. Looking out for us here is appreciated but in the end let us, individually, decide who to and who not to trust. Take my advice from the previous paragraph and I think we can all get back to relaxing with a good smoke. I look forward to discussing cigars with you and maybe some day a bunch of us can get together and burn a few.

If everything ends soon I will be very happy. If new issues arise, as I am sure they will, I look forward to brief, mature discussions to resolve those matters.

Hex . . . although you said you think you handled it poorly don't be too hard on yourself. It was, and I hope I am correct in placing it in the past tense, a very difficult situation. Hopefully you will not have to resort to any more drastic measures to ensure the harmony and success of the board.

- Jason

ps I am really looking forward to the second box pass and have been lining up a few smokes (puts and freebies) for my turn in the pass.
    Jaewing - I don't know how new you are to cigar boards, but I've got to tell you I appreciate the efforts of individuals LIKE CC (including CC). If you've not been on the boards for long, you've got a lot to learn. If you have, you obviously don't care what cigars you get or smoke (if that's the case, let me send you some of my unbanded dog rockets that I claim are Cuban in exchange for some Opus X - J/K!!! Don't take offense....)

While you may want to hear about someone who may be a bad trader, and make you own decisions about them, you should SERIOUSLY take the advice of people like CC who out these individuals on other boards (like here). This whole fiasco started over a trade between Dave and Oblik. Oblik made a mistake in that trade - I don't know why he refuses to make it right - that concerns me. He is on this board doing trades - I'D BE CONCERNED - yet you're not. It appears to me that everyone is satisfied with his puts in the box pass - even though it STRONGLY appears the puts are AT LEAST suspicious. I guess that's your position - okay....

I suppose it is all a matter of perspective, based upon personal biases. Some respond negatively to perceived threats, like CC - obviously, because that's what has happened here. And again, if you KNEW CC you wouldn't respond like you are. He'd be the first to put a super-premium smoke in our hand at any herf you set up, even if you were nasty to him previously. He is a VERY respected member of the cigar board community (multiple sites) - VERY few can claim that. His opinions DO matter - even though he is obviously shown very little respect here from some members, who don't agree with his views. There is a disturbing trend with some members here who think it is wise to crack at CC, and then apologize, to be repeated again and again.

I would be thinking long and hard about what CC has said - it is VERY important information for ANYONE who enjoys trading or talking about cigars irregardless of how the information was presented...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Labmoney, you too are on the short list of individuals that have been sarcastic and rude, and then claim that it was the other that started it. You've been in the thick of this saying some pretty obnoxious things, "AFTER THAT WAS INITIATED". It doesn't take much to infer anything from your posts - you've made it pretty clear how you feel... Your participation in this came AFTER you participated - not before. CC was not posting at you, but in RESPONSE to you - in other words, the fur didn't start flying until you jumped in with both feet. Don't play the innocent now....

So don't dump this crap about CC not being innocent because he was being baited by other members being unbelievable - what's unbelievable is your insistance that you and Roham (and others) are not to blame... You don't want sarcastic comments made towards you, don't make sarcastic comments to others. It's that simple...
    labmonkey's made it pretty clear to me and in public that he's accepting part of the blame here. I think everyone needs to take a step back from this and just relax. Is that too much to ask?

Thread Information