Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CoventryCat86

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    That is the point of this thread...to stop all this nonsense.

But as I said earlier....this is a two way street.

I am admitting my part of it.
    Labmoney - just another time you admitted your part in it - after saying "this is a two way street" - I missed the apology this time, though.

I'm sure you were going to say you were sorry though...

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    labmonkey's made it pretty clear to me and in public that he's accepting part of the blame here. I think everyone needs to take a step back from this and just relax. Is that too much to ask?
    Hex - he keeps "admitting" his part in it - yet continues to act the part - then apologizes - then does it again... Sorry, but he needs to re-read all of his previous posts. He's not ANYWHERE near as innocent as he's saying he is, or being portrayed in this... Even with the apologies...

Apology is one thing, remorse if quite another thing.

Yes I am new here and to cigar cites in general. But I have not discounted the opinions of who is and who is not a good trader. As I said I expect and appreciate being warned but in the ned we must all make up our own mind. I would and do take CC's opinions and warnings seriously . . . and I even said that in many threads it was obvious that he knew his stuff.

As for the presence of "bad traders" on this board . . . I am concerned, as I would be making any purchase or trade over the internet. If I were making a trade with anyone here and I was putting in very expensive or rare sticks I would be hesitant but would hope that all would be fine. Members who have been listed as "bad traders" would cause me to be more hesitant of course, but in the end I would have to make up my own mind and if I decided to make a trade it would be nobodys fault but my own.

I am sure CC is a very nice guy in person. His posts, even if made under good intentions as it appears they were, just got a little too hostile. I would very much like to meet anyone who would like to hand me a fine smoke and want to sit down and BS for a while. And as I said maybe that can happen . . . you never know when we will be in each other's neighborhood. I would appreciate a lookup if any of you all (including you CC ) are in teh Sacramento CA area. I will do the same if I travel.

Oh and ggiese . . . how's the draw on those unbanded sticks you want to send me? I hate a tight draw.
    Last edited by jaewing; 04-28-2005 at 01:39 PM.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Hex - he keeps "admitting" his part in it - yet continues to act the part - then apologizes - then does it again... Sorry, but he needs to re-read all of his previous posts. He's not ANYWHERE near as innocent as he's saying he is, or being portrayed in this... Even with the apologies...

The exact same thing can be said about most of the individuals involved in this situation. What I'm trying to do here is find a common threshold and move on.

This whole matter does absolutely nothing but breed bad taste and does nothing for the community.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

As far as being banned - correct me if I'm wrong, CC - but I only know of one banning from a cigar board that you've been victim of - and that would be LTC.
    Actually George, I was never a member at LTC. My "problem" with LTC was how they treated my friends like you, hudsonvalley, Leebo, SamClemmons, Moheganson, BkCloud, alexgtp, gtphale, Monte2, HughJorgan (and the list goes on and on) with their stupidity and random bannings.

Since the Island meltdown over this past weekend, they have the old version of the site up and running so I read Zac's post where he said he'd be the only mod so I figured I'd sign up. Since Zac refuses to validate my membership, I guess I won't be posting over there, oh well......

And I guess my point is I am apparently the only one who is willing to admit having a part in this, apologize and get past it. That is why I said this is a two way street. several others involved still just want to justify their actions and point the finger.

That is the only reason I have brought it up multiple times.

How long do we have to be told that we should appreciate CC's behavior because it's for our own good when it's very obvious from the first post in this thread that quite a few members want him to chill out (by the way, not a single one of those comments came from me)?

And I am not talking about CC as a person....just his behavior on this board and how he conducts himself.

BTW....I am going to Austin til tomorrow....have fun without me guys.....I'm sure it will be hard, but try.....

I'll miss all of you dearly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    And I guess my point is I am apparently the only one who is willing to admit having a part in this, apologize and get past it. That is why I said this is a two way street. several others involved still just want to justify their actions and point the finger.

That is the only reason I have brought it up multiple times.

How long do we have to be told that we should appreciate CC's behavior because it's for our own good when it's very obvious from the first post in this thread that quite a few members want him to chill out (by the way, not a single one of those comments came from me)?

And I am not talking about CC as a person....just his behavior on this board and how he conducts himself.
    Just exactly what is "quite a few"?? You and roham jumped ugly on me after only my sixth post here on April 20th. You gave me a lecture about "RESPECT" and suggested that problems like the one I was bringing up with regard to Oblik "should be handled in private" which is dead wrong.

That is not bad behavior on my part, it is an opinion that I have which you disagreed with at the time and hopefully you see that issues like that are indeed best talked about in public rather than whispered in PMs.

You insists that my "behavior" is bad when in fact what most of it boils down to is the fact that you disagree with my opinions and when you do, you respond with attacks and a lack of respect.

Lab, the "those who live in glass houses" analogy applies to you here..
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Blog Entries

The exact same thing can be said about most of the individuals involved in this situation. What I'm trying to do here is find a common threshold and move on.

This whole matter does absolutely nothing but breed bad taste and does nothing for the community.
    Hex, I would still like to know your position and opinion on the garbage roham posts. I've asked you multiple times to comment on this yet you continue to ignore me. You wanna "put this to bed"? then you can "call out" roham as well since you seemed to have no problem calling me out before you even reviewed the evidence.

Blog Entries

The exact same thing can be said about most of the individuals involved in this situation.

That’s exactly what my point was. I admitted that I started this thread off on the wrong foot. Yes, I'm calling out every individual involved in this mess to move on.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

That’s exactly what my point was. I admitted that I started this thread off on the wrong foot. Yes, I'm calling out every individual involved in this mess to move on.
    Well that post of yours was in response to this one:
    Originally Posted by ggiese

Therefore I did not see the connection. Now that you mention it, I disagree with your statement:
    The exact same thing can be said about most of the individuals involved in this situation.
    "MOST"? hardly
    labmonkey - definitely
    ggiese - definitely not
    Most everyone else - N/A because they are not acting the way lab is where he admits his part in it, says "sorry" and immediately follows it with more inflamatory statements.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2005 at 04:58 PM.

12. Default

Hex, ya may want to consider who yer taking to task here, a guy that's been around and looks out for the welfare of his bruddahs or a couple a newbs.
    Banning people and deleting posts is the surest way to point this place into a death spiral... it doesn't work. Cigarweekly has a "no negative" policy and it has ended up protecting scumbags and profiteers with no remedy. Guys can go on there and line their pockets by overcharging and using slight of hand and if someone posts a warning it disappears.
    You will always have guys on here that don't get along and you really have no choice but to let them "not" get along.

Besides, it's pretty entertaining reading. You'll find the "pissin' contest" threads will load up with every member of the board.

CC is a good guy, those other fellers... who knows... who cares?

NA

No,

I don’t like this situation at all. If anyone has an idea as to what would help remedy things, please bring them to the table.

Uhm. This is why I posted.... And what I posted was my opinion. I stand by that... I didnt call CC an ape...

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Just exactly what is "quite a few"?? You and roham jumped ugly on me after only my sixth post here on April 20th. You gave me a lecture about "RESPECT" and suggested that problems like the one I was bringing up with regard to Oblik "should be handled in private" which is dead wrong.
    Uhm, thats cause your first six posts were as useless as your ensuing 100+... Me and Monkey were the first to call you on it! hehehe

I hope you are older then CC(I think CC is around 40 from one of his previous posts) because you sure act like his big brother... Always sticken up for him!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Uhm, thats cause your first six posts were as useless as your ensuing 100+... Me and Monkey were the first to call you on it! hehehe
    You're just making yourself look stupid here roham.

And by the way, the proper way to put that is "Money and I" not "Me and Monkey"
    Do you say "Me went to the store" or "I went to the store" ???

Your credibility may increase if you knew how to speak properly, just a suggestion.....

And one more thing.... I haven't posted for awhile on this board.... Actually, I have been trying not to even visit it... It has gone down the drain and is no longer the fun place it was since CC has come around.... I don't even want to argue anymore.... Especially with CC or his big brother ggeise...

Blog Entries

I hope you are older then CC(I think CC is around 40 from one of his previous posts) because you sure act like his big brother... Always sticken up for him!
    "sticking"

Again, you credibility may increase if you could spell too

Ya come across as a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    You're just making yourself look stupid here roham.

And by the way, the proper way to put that is "Money and I" not "Me and Monkey"
    Do you say "Me went to the store" or "I went to the store" ???

Your credibility may increase if you knew how to speak properly, just a suggestion.....

Blog Entries

And one more thing.... I haven't posted for awhile on this board.... Actually, I have been trying not to even visit it... It has gone down the drain and is no longer the fun place it was since CC has come around.... I don't even want to argue anymore.... Especially with CC or his big brother ggeise...
    You won't be missed....

Thread Information