Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CoventryCat86

Blog Entries

Default CoventryCat86

Well after a relaxing night I get in and my PM box is full. I wonder what could be the commotion. I haven’t had a chance to go through all the threads and posts in question, but the tone of the forum is pretty clear about what’s going on. Coventry, I’m going to call you out. You’re purposely trying to turn this place into another “Island of misfit toys” and we don’t appreciate it.

I’m not going to mention any names but here are some quotes from the PM’s in my box right now:

I think I can speak for the better half of this forum when I say that this guy needs to either lose the attitude, or needs to be physically removed from this forum.

I joined in this board not to participate in skirmishes amongst the other members, but to talk about cigars with mature, level headed people. There is nothing he can say that can justify his behavior on here.

First I would like to say I respect your position of letting things work themselves out on their own. Too much intervention can definitely cause more trouble than it remedies.

However, CC has made it a point to foster flame wars here. He has gone out of his way to post very negative messages and for no apparent reason.

I have received many PMs from other members and many are as troubled as I am.

Sorry to bother you again but as you can see now CoventryCat has resorted to foul language, constant badgering of members who may or may not have issues with spelling and typing skills, and name calling.

This is becoming very unpleasant. Seems as if everyone has been handling themselves with regard to CC with maturity and class but CC will not let it go.

I think I’ve made it perfectly clear that I want this place to be a friendly community. I’ve asked you in private and in public to tone it down, if things don’t change real quickly you are going to leave me no choice but to remove you from the forum. I don't like banning people but when the community is asking to take action I don't have a choice.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Oh Boy...............

I hope this BB doesn't do what LTC did.......... then we'll all be banned

my $.02: i don't want to see him be 'physically remove' (not that its possible to be physically removed from an internet site, but.....) he seems to know a lot more than most of us do about cigars and i like having him here for that. its not just him that is disrupting this board. its him and everyone that replies to his negative post with negativity. there's no reason that we can't have heated arguements without calling each other names and just saying things to piss each other off. i appreciate him letting us know about the trading habits of others to protect us from getting ripped off. but i also think that once is enough. i'd like to see everyone stay here and it go back to friendly conversation about cigars whenever possible.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=hex1848]Well after a relaxing night I get in and my PM box is full. I wonder what could be the commotion. I haven’t had a chance to go through all the threads and posts in question, but the tone of the forum is pretty clear about what’s going on. Coventry, I’m going to call you out.
    You’re purposely trying to turn this place into another “
    Island of misfit toys” and we don’t appreciate it.

I’m not going to mention any names but here are some quotes from the PM’s in my box right now:

I think I’ve made it perfectly clear that I want this place to be a friendly community. I’ve asked you in private and in public to tone it down, if things don’t change real quickly you are going to leave me no choice but to remove you from the forum. I don't like banning people but when the community is asking to take action I don't have a choice.
    Wow, if y'all think I have the power to turn this into another disaster like the Island then you're giving me much more credit than I deserve. This site will become that itself by the actions of everyone here, not just me. If you insist on letting people screw each other in trades and allow them to

You are out of line with that accusation nad you should know better:
    You’re purposely trying to turn this place into another “[/font]Island[font=Arial] of misfit toys” and we don’t appreciate it.
    You should lok at the behavior of those who are whining about me, they are more guilty of flaming than I am, (labmonkey, roham) hell even Oblik and I are getting along pretty well in case you haven't noticed.

A new member (SFG75) signed up here and he is nothing but trouble and has been banned from CigarPass and was instrumental in destroying "The Island" If you guys don't want to read my posts informing you about this POS then you are misguided.

I wonder why my "critics" don't have the balls to post out in the open but rather want to whine and cry to you in private? The reason is they have no real good reasons to criticize me. They've tried and I've responded. They don't like my responses (usually because they have engaged in flaming or are guilty of trolling and baiting) so they go whining to mommy (hex the site owner).

I would suggest hex that you do indeed go through all the posts in question. You have acted irresponsibly by making this post first without indeed doing that and you are wrong for doing that.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2005 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

No,

That’s not what I’m intending to do at all Bkcloud114. Many members joined recently over the Oblik situation and while there where problems they have been contained to relevant threads and posts, and then fizzled out. The other new members haven't gone on and on and on and on about things that simply aren’t relevant to this community. Ridiculing a member after every post they make and baiting members to join a flame war is simply not going to be tolerated here.

I’ve stayed neutral in this thus far, but when members whom I respect start asking for something to be done, I simply can not turn my back on it.

I personally like CC, I think he brings knowledge and resources to the community. However I won’t stand for the needless harassment of my members.

I don’t like this situation at all. If anyone has an idea as to what would help remedy things, please bring them to the table.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

I would suggest hex that you do indeed go through all the posts in question. You have acted irresponsibly by making this post first without indeed doing that and you are wrong for doing that.

I completely disagree with that statement. It would be irresponsible of me to stay quite and ignore respected members of this community. I brought this out into the open because I want to solve the problem.

lets take turns having our way with him

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Drake

my $.02: i don't want to see him be 'physically remove' (not that its possible to be physically removed from an internet site, but.....) he seems to know a lot more than most of us do about cigars and i like having him here for that. its not just him that is disrupting this board. its him and everyone that replies to his negative post with negativity. there's no reason that we can't have heated arguements without calling each other names and just saying things to piss each other off. i appreciate him letting us know about the trading habits of others to protect us from getting ripped off. but i also think that once is enough. i'd like to see everyone stay here and it go back to friendly conversation about cigars whenever possible.

for my part in this I apologize, I have definitlely let Coventry get my goat so to speak, and have tried to back off, and he continued to try to bait me. I have tried to keep it light, and he continues with the namecalling.
    the rest of the new members have settled in nicely, and even when they differ in opinion or argue they keep it civil, and more importantly, they have not harassed anyone and majority of their posts are friendly, helpful, and about....yes....CIGARS!!!!!

I agree with Drake....Let's get back where we are supposed to be....Cigars.

Coventry, Hex is the Owner of the site, and I think he has given you a lot of chances here....and he has given you one more. here is your chance to tone it down.

Or you will have to find yet ANOTHER cigar site to to go to and say "Those bastards banned me!".....sooner or later maybe it may sink in that it's not always "everyone elses fault".

BTW, I saw you joined up at LTC...you going there to talk cigars?

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    No,

I don’t like this situation at all. If anyone has an idea as to what would help remedy things, please bring them to the table.

Ban CC! lol That'd remedy it... The knowledge he has is useless with an attitude like that... I would listen to an ape who has never smoked a cigar before tell me about his opinion of stogies rather then CC.... At least the ape wouldn't berate everyone....
    Ban CC

*so sick of cc and happy there is finaly something being attempted *

PS Doesn't really care if he is banned or not... just my two cents......

lol @ Drake

Blog Entries

Wow, if y'all think I have the power to turn this into another disaster like the Island then you're giving me much more credit than I deserve. This site will become that itself by the actions of everyone here, not just me. If you insist on letting people screw each other in trades and allow them to

I think that makes a good point. Except no one here has been screwed over in a trade that originated from this community. We had an issue in our first box pass and it was delt with. Everyone was happy.

Whats happening now with most of these disucssions is that old stuff that didnt happen here is being brought here, and that's not what I founded this community for at all. This isn't LTC, or CPASS, or Cigarweekly, or Cigarsnobes, or where ever, this is Cigarsmokers.com. While letting us know that someone wronged you may be appropriate in cirtain situations, bringing battles that started elsewhere to the table is not what we are here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Ban CC! lol That'd remedy it... The knowledge he has is useless with an attitude like that... I would listen to an ape who has never smoked a cigar before tell me about his opinion of stogies rather then CC.... At least the ape wouldn't berate everyone....
    Ban CC

PS Doesn't really care if he is banned or not... just my two cents......
    ROHAM!!! MI AMIGO!!!!! Damn good to see you bro

Blog Entries

I would like to see how some of the other new members feel about the situation at hand. Ggiese, David Razz, and others speak up.

I'll be back more if something is done about CC. Banned or not...

Glad to see someone missed me *cheers*
    Last edited by Roham; 04-28-2005 at 09:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    for my part in this I apologize, I have definitlely let Coventry get my goat so to speak, and have tried to back off, and he continued to try to bait me. I have tried to keep it light, and he continues with the namecalling.
    the rest of the new members have settled in nicely, and even when they differ in opinion or argue they keep it civil, and more importantly, they have not harassed anyone and majority of their posts are friendly, helpful, and about....yes....CIGARS!!!!!

I agree with Drake....Let's get back where we are supposed to be....Cigars.

Coventry, Hex is the Owner of the site, and I think he has given you a lot of chances here....and he has given you one more. here is your chance to tone it down.

Or you will have to find yet ANOTHER cigar site to to go to and say "Those bastards banned me!".....sooner or later maybe it may sink in that it's not always "everyone elses fault".

BTW, I saw you joined up at LTC...you going there to talk cigars?
    Lab, I've never been banned from any cigar site. Oh and Zac won't confirm my membership at LTC so you won't see any posts from me over there.

You crack me up, you should look at your own behavior, you claim you have "backed off" and I contiunue to try an "bait" you. You are the one who continues to instigate and start trouble just like you did in this post. If you want me to post specific examples, I will be more than happy to but here's one:
    I can guarantee you that a thin skinned person like yourself would lose his mind if someone said that about you. You are the one who should "tone it down" as you say. It's pretty clear you have a short fuse and have anger management issues so please, do us all a favor and "tone it down" okay?

Just a question for you, how many of my posts have NOT been about cigars or cigar related (which includes posts discussing people's actions on other cigar boards)?

You are still trying to blame others. I am not going to argue with you.

Th title of this thread is "CoventryCat86".

I said my peace I will not get drawn into another lengthy debate with you.

I apologize for my behavior in this situation once again.

SFG75 Guest

Red face

I'm sorry, is there anyone out there who thinks I cheated them on plays in passes, splits, or trades? No???? .......nevermind...I'll be merrily moving on here and keep posting until hex asks me to do otherwise.

Blog Entries

I think that makes a good point. Except no one here has been screwed over in a trade that originated from this community. We had an issue in our first box pass and it was delt with. Everyone was happy.

Whats happening now with most of these disucssions is that old stuff that didnt happen here is being brought here, and that's not what I founded this community for at all. This isn't LTC, or CPASS, or Cigarweekly, or Cigarsnobes, or where ever, this is Cigarsmokers.com. While letting us know that someone wronged you may be appropriate in cirtain situations, bringing battles that started elsewhere to the table is not what we are here for.
    Hex, that is the exact reason small and new boards like this one get in trouble. Scammers like gamelover2004 (amishbob) come over here and try to set up shop. Others who have been burned by him or know people who have been burned by him show up and point that out. The reaction from the novice boards is "HEY, leave him alone, he hasn't done anything wrong here." That's like saying "Well just because he raped a woman in his old town, because he hasn't done it here, that's okay so leave him alone." Sorry but your logic doesn't work.

As far as Oblik is concerned, you all know the story, it's been aired and people can make their own decisions about trading with him or being in a pass with him based on how he conducted himself. Some see no problem with him while many others do.

With SFG75, the members here should check his posts on CigarPass and decide for themselves. Just because a leopard changes his spots when he joins a new board should NOT allow his past sins and misdeeds to be ignored or you guys blasting people like me for bringing them up.

Do you really think roham is not out of line for posting garbage like this?:
    Ban CC
    C'mon hex, why don't you say something about this trash? You're not looking at things very objectively here, are you?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    I'm sorry, is there anyone out there who thinks I cheated them on plays in passes, splits, or trades? No???? .......nevermind...I'll be merrily moving on here and keep posting until hex asks me to do otherwise.
    Then please explain why you were banned from CigarPass. I'd love to hear your side of the story. Please tell us about your "moderating" experience over on the Island of the Misfit Toys and the disparaging remarks you made over there about this site. You're a two faced liar Scotty, pure and simple.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2005 at 10:32 AM.

Blog Entries

I completely disagree with that statement. It would be irresponsible of me to stay quite and ignore respected members of this community. I brought this out into the open because I want to solve the problem.
    By your own admission you said:
    I haven’t had a chance to go through all the threads and posts in question,
    and I will say it again, you should have done this first before starting this thread therefore you acted irresponsibly. Had you done that, you would have found quite a few cases of other members doing exactly what you're complaining that I'm doing.

Please let me know if you'd like examples because it won't take me too long to find them.

Thread Information