Thread: What was your first cigar? First box purchase?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SFG75 Guest

Default What was your first cigar? First box purchase?

Someone posted this on another forum that I'm a member of-thought it would be an interesting thread here as well.

-What was the first cigar that you smoked?

-What was the first box that you purchased?

For me, my first stogie was a Sacuba corona from the local gas station. The brother in law had a friend who was really into cigars and everytime we visited this station, we'd start talking about them and the collection that his best bud had. Anyways, we threw caution to the wind and purchased two cigars in the glass case display. We didn't have cutters, so we used our mouths!. The only good side to this story is that both cigars were long-fillers, which is pretty impressive when you consider that the vast majority of cigars in those kinds of places are short/mix fil.

First box purchase?-Roi Tans. American-machine made cigars. I bought these more out of sentimental reasons than anything else. My grandfather smoked boxes of these things. When he died, I don't know how many boxes that he had of them in various closets. They are a decent smoke, but of course, only good in the realm of the non-serious uber-smoker. My first real box?-Onyx reserves, which I've purchased another three times.

Default The Swish Dish

Swisher Sweet, oh what a headache.

Box purchase-H. Upmann Cristales No. 43, only 39 bucks, hooah!

I went all in, as they say, with my first purchase. I was in Jamaica and saw one of those "too good to be true" deals on a box of Monte #2s. I bought it for $275 and smoked half of them while in Jamaica and brought back the other half. I was hooked from that point.

I now realize that the box I spent $275 on was as fake as a $3 bill, but I keep the last two or three of them for laughs and as a reminder of how I got into this hobby.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
    I went all in, as they say, with my first purchase. I was in Jamaica and saw one of those "too good to be true" deals on a box of Monte #2s. I bought it for $275 and smoked half of them while in Jamaica and brought back the other half. I was hooked from that point.

I now realize that the box I spent $275 on was as fake as a $3 bill, but I keep the last two or three of them for laughs and as a reminder of how I got into this hobby.
    LOL-I won't feel so bad for having such low quality, cheapies to start me out on. It's good that you can laugh about it now though.

Default Punch Rothchild Double Maduro

Very first cigar in Jan. 05. Followed that up by a Punch Gran Puro the very next day. Both very nice.

Have yet to buy a whole box. I have spent my money on trying many different brands, sizes, shapes and strengths of cigars.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Default Depends on.........

what one would interpret as first.

Somewhere around the age of twelve my friends and I got some Tiajuana Smalls and smoked those. God I remember throwing up later. Severe nicotine OD. That was when TS's were new on the market. Geez...I'm dating myself!

Many years later after smoking cigarettes for a while I was on this kick with Parodi's.

But my first real cigar was a Macanudo. I don't remember which for sure. A Toro sized. Duke of York???

My first box purchase was a box of Punch Rothchilds EMS. A great inexpensive cigar and looks real pretty when you open the box!

7. Default

does box of sampler count? if it does, i just got 2 boxes of perdomo cabinet series, and wow, they look good! 10 bucks a piece can not be beat, i hope they smoke as good as they look, oh boy, i can not wait.

If samplers are counted, my first "box" would be the Diablo sampler I picked up yesterday.

Thread Information