Someone posted this on another forum that I'm a member of-thought it would be an interesting thread here as well.

-What was the first cigar that you smoked?

-What was the first box that you purchased?

For me, my first stogie was a Sacuba corona from the local gas station. The brother in law had a friend who was really into cigars and everytime we visited this station, we'd start talking about them and the collection that his best bud had. Anyways, we threw caution to the wind and purchased two cigars in the glass case display. We didn't have cutters, so we used our mouths!. The only good side to this story is that both cigars were long-fillers, which is pretty impressive when you consider that the vast majority of cigars in those kinds of places are short/mix fil.

First box purchase?-Roi Tans. American-machine made cigars. I bought these more out of sentimental reasons than anything else. My grandfather smoked boxes of these things. When he died, I don't know how many boxes that he had of them in various closets. They are a decent smoke, but of course, only good in the realm of the non-serious uber-smoker. My first real box?-Onyx reserves, which I've purchased another three times.