Thread: Edification on Cubans Requested

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I got the same thing from a fresh box of esplendidos. But mine were produced a few weeks before i bought them. The grass taste is overpowering and its like smoking lawn clippings. If you got at least some grassy taste then I'd say its probably a real box...

What to look for is three rows of white square dots above the Cohiba logo which should be embossed in gold. There should be a habanos slip in the box made of waxish paper and two stickers, the export sticker with a clear printing and a clearly imperfect lot number (red numebrs at bottom) and a habanos white with red text sticker.

The latch to the box should have a clear wreath on it, there should be a date on the bottom. No holograms or stuff I did dot see a single authenticity hologram at a Habanos store in Cuba despite their prevelance (fake) in the N. American market.

The clearest tell tale for a fake is a poorly printed export sticker, most fakes I have seen have had a shady sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by jiaguy View Post
    I got the same thing from a fresh box of esplendidos. But mine were produced a few weeks before i bought them. The grass taste is overpowering and its like smoking lawn clippings. If you got at least some grassy taste then I'd say its probably a real box...

What to look for is three rows of white square dots above the Cohiba logo which should be embossed in gold. There should be a habanos slip in the box made of waxish paper and two stickers, the export sticker with a clear printing and a clearly imperfect lot number (red numebrs at bottom) and a habanos white with red text sticker.

The latch to the box should have a clear wreath on it, there should be a date on the bottom. No holograms or stuff I did dot see a single authenticity hologram at a Habanos store in Cuba despite their prevelance (fake) in the N. American market.

The clearest tell tale for a fake is a poorly printed export sticker, most fakes I have seen have had a shady sticker.

Thanks for your info. I'll take a closer look at the box maybe takes some pics and post them.
    A girl phoned me the other day and said ... Come on over, there's nobody home. I went over. Nobody was home.
    -- Rodney Dangerfield

Thread Information