Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Official Web-wide Apology

- Don't be arrogant or rude when things are pointed out to you, in other words, openly accept and evaluate criticism without getting your shorts in a bundle.

- Remember, this is just a cigar discussion board - nothing more!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    Amen to that!

You forgot this one...

- Develop a thick skin There are bound to be those out there that will piss you off!!

I agree with that one also, but the two I quoted were the ones I felt that EVERYONE involved in the earlier B.S. ignored or "forgot" somewhere along the way.

Blog Entries

I agree with that one also, but the two I quoted were the ones I felt that EVERYONE involved in the earlier B.S. ignored or "forgot" somewhere along the way.
    The earlier posts in this thread were well thought out ideas,contributions and points ov view by members of this community and classifing them as "B.S." is rude. So it might be nice if you'd follow the rules that you want everyoneelse to abide by.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    The earlier posts in this thread were well thought out ideas,contributions and points ov view by members of this community and classifing them as "B.S." is rude. So it might be nice if you'd follow the rules that you want everyoneelse to abide by.

The B.S. I referred to was the arguments that ensued afterwards, not the ideas or contributions of any members....and I was not talking about THIS particular thread.

CC, quit trying to pick fights

as ggeise put it "openly accept and evaluate criticism without getting your shorts in a bundle."

I am NOT trying to be rude, and if you are that sensitive maybe you should take ggeise's other bit of wisdom...

"- Develop a thick skin There are bound to be those out there that will piss you off!! "

Once again, I am not trying to start anything, just stating a point of view...my apologies if any comments were misconstrued, but I feel any misunderstandings were fabricated for the sake of argument in this case....once again, my point of view based on prior experience.

My main point in all of this was that I agree whole heartedly with ggeises points listed at the end of his post.

now c'mon Coventry....gimme a big 'ol hug!!!!!
    Last edited by labmonkey; 05-02-2005 at 04:13 PM.

The B.S. I referred to was the arguments that ensued afterwards, not the ideas or contributions of any members....and I was not talking about THIS particular thread.

as ggeise put it "openly accept and evaluate criticism without getting your shorts in a bundle."

I am NOT trying to be rude, and if you are that sensitive maybe you should take ggeise's other bit of wisdom...

"- Develop a thick skin There are bound to be those out there that will piss you off!! "

Once again, I am not trying to start anything, just stating a point of view...my apologies if any comments were misconstrued, but I feel any misunderstandings were fabricated for the sake of argument in this case....once again, my point of view based on prior experience.

My main point in all of this was that I agree whole heartedly with ggeises points listed at the end of his post.

I did not post my comments to create a spring point for others to jump on and create new arguments. That's why I pointed out you only chose two of the three points to post in your quote. I believe each are equally important, and they should not be quoted except together and in their entirety.

I'm struggling to figure you out in this situation, LabMon"K"ey - whether you're agreeing with my post because it's good wisdom for all members of this board, or you're agreeing with pieces of my post because they suit your argument, and the rest of the post to you is meaningless. Especially when you write, "My main point in all of this was that I agree whole heartedly with ggeises points listed at the end of his post."

I would hope the first were true - but I don't think so based upon the banter that you had with CC after my post. I think CC sensed what I felt, and called you on it. Is CC wrong?

And CC - only hug this guy if he spells my name right!!!
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-02-2005 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I did not post my comments to create a spring point for others to jump on and create new arguments. That's why I pointed out you only chose two of the three points to post in your quote. I believe each are equally important, and they should not be quoted except together and in their entirety.

I'm struggling to figure you out in this situation, LabMon"K"ey - whether you're agreeing with my post because it's good wisdom for all members of this board, or you're agreeing with pieces of my post because they suit your argument, and the rest of the post to you is meaningless. Especially when you write, "My main point in all of this was that I agree whole heartedly with ggeises points listed at the end of his post."

I would hope the first were true - but I don't think so based upon the banter that you had with CC after my post. I think CC sensed what I felt, and called you on it. Is CC wrong?

And CC - only hug this guy if he spells my name right!!!
    I absolutlely think all three of the points are good wisdom for ALL members of this board and I have no argument to support, so I'm not sure what you mean by that comment. I also had no idea we had rules regarding how we can quote...I seem to have seen lots of people use partial quotes all over this board....yourself included. But I meant no disrespect and only quoted that part to emphasize my agreement...that in no way invalidates the rest of your post and was not meant to.....you guys are touchy.....jeeeez....i cant even AGREE with you without you jumping all over me.

and sorry about the name too gg"I"ese....

I absolutlely think all three of the points are good wisdom for ALL members of this board and I have no argument to support, so I'm not sure what you mean by that comment. I also had no idea we had rules regarding how we can quote...I seem to have seen lots of people use partial quotes all over this board....yourself included. But I meant no disrespect and only quoted that part to emphasize my agreement...that in no way invalidates the rest of your post and was not meant to.....you guys are touchy.....jeeeez....i cant even AGREE with you without you jumping all over me.

and sorry about the name too gg"I"ese....

Now where's that hug???

8. Default

I ain't hugging no damn body.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge

You sound like one of the sergeants I work with - "I ain't having my locker near the 'swinging dick' lockers..." (the ones closest to the shower)

I feel like that akward moment in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", where Steve Martin wakes up in the arms of John Candy...

HOW 'BOUT THEM BEARS!!!!
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-03-2005 at 09:09 AM.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    You were that sargeant that was featured in "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" weren't you? You know, the guy who pulled over Hunter S. Thompson and then offered to let him off the hook if he could get a peck on the cheek. Can't remember who played the sgt. in that movie, but he's a good actor. Nick Nolte?

Blog Entries

Oh really, not this particular thread? Coulda fooled me.
    It sure seemed to me and I venture to guess everyone else concluded that you meant this thread as well because THIS is what you said:
    Well you say you are not trying to be rude but you are indeed being rude and now your being disrespectful.

I'm not being "sensitive" nor am I trying to "pick fights. I'm merely pointing out that your were being rude. On the contrary, your reaction to my post is indicitive of someone with an oversensitive personality trait.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Oh really, not this particular thread? Coulda fooled me.
    It sure seemed to me and I venture to guess everyone else concluded that you meant this thread as well because THIS is what you said:

Well you say you are not trying to be rude but you are indeed being rude and now your being disrespectful.

I'm not being "sensitive" nor am I trying to "pick fights. I'm merely pointing out that your were being rude. On the contrary, your reaction to my post is indicitive of someone with an oversensitive personality trait.

oh god....here we go again....................

look.....chill out......I am being niether rude nor disrespectful and you ARE being sensitive....I am merely expressing my opinion on the matter, and have not said anything at all in a rude way.

now as a wise man once told me...(you CC) if my posts upset you that much (which for the life of me the only reason I can figure out why is because you WANT to raise hell with me) then don't read them.

You are creating conflict where there is none, and i'm .........over it!

c-ya DOOD!

Default Sfg75

The patrolman in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" was played by Gary Busey. Gary Busey can hug me anyday!

( I am a Depp fan but Bill Murray did Thompson better I think)

Oh wait....am I sidetracking this post?

Last edited by MMAB; 05-03-2005 at 04:09 PM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    The patrolman in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" was played by Gary Busey. Gary Busey can hug me anyday!

( I am a Depp fan but Bill Murray did Thompson better I think)

Oh wait....am I sidetracking this post?

I don't know...I'm not the biggest Johnny Depp fan in the world, but I think he did an excellent job as thompson....Great flick two thumbs up

Benicio Del Toro was great too....

Thread Information