Thread: easy. tastey. hamburgers.

1. Default easy. tastey. hamburgers.

Really easy to make. Just get some hamburger meat(raw), add onion soup mix or blue cheese(my favorite), work the cheese or soup into the meat, form into patties and grill.
    Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

this dude told me at my church about how his brother makes hamburgers. just makes a ball of meat and cheese and puts it under a bowl, then on the grill. makes you wanna slap yo grandma!

damn straight. The onion soup mix works great in lots of things - pot roast in the crock pot, roast chicken, etc.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Lawrys seasoning salt works really good on hamburger meat. Not sure how it would par with the onion soup mix.

5. Default

and of course, country bob's steak sauce is good on everything

Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
    ahh, you're kllin' me here. One of my all-arounds
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

+ =

I use McCormicks Grill Mates, Spicy Montreal Steak seasoning in my burgers.

And yes, the onion soup mix is great on a nice roast in the crock.

i'd also recommend the Jack Daniels wood smoking chips.

11. Default

for deli meat sandwiches, try Jack Daniel's mustard. comes in i think 4 varieties.

Quote Originally Posted by Evillepaintball View Post
    for deli meat sandwiches, try Jack Daniel's mustard. comes in i think 4 varieties.
    sounds like ole Jack Daniels is the "jack of all trades".

HEY OH!!!!

13. Default

zing!

Y'all got some good ideas, I always use liberal amounts of garlic and Montreal seasoning of what ever meat I'm grilling.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Default Tastey Hamburgers

Try Paul perdones Blackend steak seasoning or Dales Marinade

Cast-iron skillet, 1 whole sweet vidalia onion (diced fine), 4 TBSP butter, cook down till caramelized. Half way through add worschester-er-er-er-ire (sp?). Once it's all onion, no liquid, let it cool a little while. Get your meat, 80% chuck, 20% loin. You can't have anything more than 80% lean, otherwise too much flavor is gone as is the texture. Add sea salt, black pepper, chili powder, mesquite seasoning, a little italian seasoning, parsley. Then add the onions to the meat. This is for 6 pounds of meat Delicious and not prepackaged. If you really want to be the all-star, carve and ground the meat yourself (can be done in a food processor if you don't have a grinder). Finally, get your grill to about 210 degrees, add a foil pouch that is semi-open at the top and is full of your favorite smoke chips soaked in your favorite beer and let cook. Med. Rare is the way I like it, you can usually tell by once juices surface on the top time to flip and then only a few more minutes. Cheese can go on the last 2 minutes.

Yes, I'm passionate about grilling, BBQ, meat. Honestly, if you want a reaaaalllllly good burger though, get ostrich meat.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information