Thread: Ok, I'm hooked. Happy?

Default Ok, I'm hooked. Happy?

well, went to walmart today and picked up a Plano box. looks like it's gonna work just fine. it's got a nice rubber seal and two shelves. and i just placed another order for a half pound bag of 65% beads. exciting, huh?

2. Default

In all seriousness I am happy for ya bro,I remember the day I put 8 cigars I bought in a cigar box and put it in a ziplock bag and put it in the dresser drawer and was happy as hell to have 8 cigars. I remember the first humiodor I got ,it is a salvador villa from Spain and it was a birthday present from Candace and to this day it is the humi that holds my highest valued (not most expensive) smokes like ones a BOTL gave me a long time ago and he has since passed away

I remember my first little cooler and I remember my first 120 qt cooler. I smoke 8 cigars a day and it has been exciting as hell to me .
    The older I get ,the better I was

3. Default

Isn't that kind of like a tackle box?
    Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

kevin- that was very sweet. for real.

and yes, it's called a magnum field box.

http://planomolding.com/content/inde...=50&partid=34#

there's a picture and a link. i've got it standing up right. plenty of room in there.

Thanks Chris. It is really easy to get the humidity right when there is not any wood. Took my coolidor about 30 minutes. The spanish cedar I was telling you about are thin little pieces about 4'' wide, 7'' long. I think they would be perfect for your Plano. Maybe drop about 10 in the bottom or so for a lining. I bought a big cooler, I think it is about 75 quarts or so, it was the only one in the store at that size, all the rest were like 125 or 50 quarts. The 75 is perfect for what I want to work with right now.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Dude, I am so there with you.

It was just 2 weeks ago that I got my first humidor with a 15 cigar sampler. 5 of those samples are gone and I just received my first CBid shipment of 2 five packs. I just finished my first 5 Vegas from the CBid cigars and it was great.

How did we get here so quickly? I have a 20 cigar sampler coming from CBid and that's just about going to fill my humi. You know how they always tell you to buy a bigger humidor or cooler than you think you'll need? I'm only 2 weeks into this hobby/addiction and I'm about to run out of room!

How did we get here so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dru Lee Parsec View Post
    Dude, I am so there with you.

It was just 2 weeks ago that I got my first humidor with a 15 cigar sampler. 5 of those samples are gone and I just received my first CBid shipment of 2 five packs. I just finished my first 5 Vegas from the CBid cigars and it was great.

How did we get here so quickly? I have a 20 cigar sampler coming from CBid and that's just about going to fill my humi. You know how they always tell you to buy a bigger humidor or cooler than you think you'll need? I'm only 2 weeks into this hobby/addiction and I'm about to run out of room!

How did we get here so quickly?
    looks like where in this together, brother. we can pull through.

Step One:
    Send me all your cigars

Step Two:
    I'll burn them .... slowly .... in my mouth.

GO!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    In all seriousness I am happy for ya bro,I remember the day I put 8 cigars I bought in a cigar box and put it in a ziplock bag and put it in the dresser drawer and was happy as hell to have 8 cigars. I remember the first humiodor I got ,it is a salvador villa from Spain and it was a birthday present from Candace and to this day it is the humi that holds my highest valued (not most expensive) smokes like ones a BOTL gave me a long time ago and he has since passed away

I remember my first little cooler and I remember my first 120 qt cooler. I smoke 8 cigars a day and it has been exciting as hell to me .
    Sonafabitch, 8 cigars a day? I sometimes do 5-7 cigars on a great day but that's once a month or so. Whadda hardcore!!

I know what you mean Chris, the space gets small quick. Another thing is the beads. I bought a 1/2 pound thinking I'd NEVER use em all, they are already all allocated with my small collection.

Kevin7,
    8/day? Wow man that is some serious cigar enjoyment!
    I guess I won't feel guilty about a 3or4-cigar day any more!

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Damn! 3 or 4 a week is a BIG week for me.

Kevin has the ideal job for a cigar smoker.

I can only get about 18-20 sticks in each week.

Thread Information