Thread: Glass Top Humidors

Default Glass Top Humidors

I did a search on this, but wanted some opinions. I'm considering buying a glass-top humidor. I love looking at my cigars, so this seems perfect.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2633

I've heard the pros and cons, but was wondering if you have a glass-top, would you recommend? Do you have humidity problems or lighting problems?

Thanks in advance.

I don't personally have one, but beware of those. Someone said they ordered one and instead of a pane of glass, it was plexi-glass. Also they said they were worried about the seal.

I guess that is the problem with online shopping

I have a glass top 150 count Humi and I have no problems with the humiditiy and I dont even use beads.

Only problem I can see with the one you have picked is that its a 100 ct. I would recommend going bigger.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeseeker View Post
    I don't personally have one, but beware of those. Someone said they ordered one and instead of a pane of glass, it was plexi-glass. Also they said they were worried about the seal.

I guess that is the problem with online shopping
    If your getting a Cuban Crafters, dont worry about it not being glass.

Id only worry about the Humis sold on E Bay.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    If your getting a Cuban Crafters, dont worry about it not being glass.

Id only worry about the Humis sold on E Bay.
    Agreed. Ebay humis suck ass. Mine has a non-existant seal, and I keep the humi itself inside of my coolidor.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I have a Cubancrafters also, but a solid. Ordered the first one from Overstock.com, then ordered another one from them directly. They are nicely built for sure.

Interesting that I got a travel humidor from a cigarshop, and it said to sponge the inside, but when I got the Cuban, it said DO NOT SPONGE THE INSIDE. Found that interesting. Cubancrafters doesn't want inside sponged, but two other places said to sponge the inside. I didn't sponge it, but put a bowl of water, and left it in there for two days.

~L~

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Agreed. Ebay humis suck ass. Mine has a non-existant seal, and I keep the humi itself inside of my coolidor.
    mines fine, supposed to hold 10, right now I have 18 in it and a 1/2 oz of beads. seals great too. only cost me 19.99
    Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeseeker View Post
    I have a Cubancrafters also, but a solid. Ordered the first one from Overstock.com, then ordered another one from them directly. They are nicely built for sure.

Interesting that I got a travel humidor from a cigarshop, and it said to sponge the inside, but when I got the Cuban, it said DO NOT SPONGE THE INSIDE. Found that interesting. Cubancrafters doesn't want inside sponged, but two other places said to sponge the inside. I didn't sponge it, but put a bowl of water, and left it in there for two days.

~L~
    Well tis because sponging is a short cut to a seasoned humidor. The danger of which is - if you don't sponge carfully, you will get discolorated spots and the inside of your humidor will look bad. I think thats the extent of sponging if there is anything anyone else would like to add.

Quote Originally Posted by jiaguy View Post
    Well tis because sponging is a short cut to a seasoned humidor. The danger of which is - if you don't sponge carfully, you will get discolorated spots and the inside of your humidor will look bad. I think thats the extent of sponging if there is anything anyone else would like to add.
    Some say it will warp the wood and bend it out of shape. Never had a problem with it.

Dude, I got the same exact one as my first Humi. It works great. I have it on display and have no issues keeping RH between 65-70%. Not only is it nice to see your cigars, but it is also easy to see your digital hygrometer(highly recommend you buy) without having to open it. They dial hygrometer is alright, but somehow I don't trust it as much as my round digi-hygrometer. Good luck on your purchase!

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I did a search on this, but wanted some opinions. I'm considering buying a glass-top humidor. I love looking at my cigars, so this seems perfect.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2633

I've heard the pros and cons, but was wondering if you have a glass-top, would you recommend? Do you have humidity problems or lighting problems?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Information