Thread: This ones for you Shelby!

1. Default This ones for you Shelby!

Life: Sexually transmitted, always fatal.

What a bonehead! Luckily (or maybe not) my son is a better driver than I am!

oh wow. Well its his fault for giving the keys to his young son. Its like giving a loaded gun to a kid.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

My dad tried to teach me driving at the ripe age of 8. I was in a parking lot and drove right into asnow bank and had to get towed out.. I aleast I didn't take the house out with me

I just saw this on the other board, all I gotta say is thank God it's a Ford.

This is shameful for me to admit, I didn't learn to drive a manual transmission until I started dating my wife 6 years ago. All the cars my family and close friends owned were Autos when I was growing up.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    I just saw this on the other board, all I gotta say is thank God it's a Ford.

So, do I take that as a challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Damn, I love those GT500s. I saw one in person the other day at the airport while I was flying with a friend.

How about this video:
    Linky

*Disclaimer* I do not personally know the people participating in the video and do not in any way shape or form condone or participate in street racing. I keep it on the track
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

If this GM guy still had something to put up... definitely... I bowed out of the scene over 2 years ago... unfortunatley it wasn't quietly or gently.

All I could put up for ya would be one of my friends out in Colorado with his Camaro, if you're interested I can find out the track her normally runs at.

When all is said and done at the end of the day I respect fast cars... V8 RWD American cars even more so but now days their are some SICK SICK 4 and 6 cylinders out there.

The video of that Skittle was great!!!! The later races was that an '03 Cobra... I have to admit Ford did make those right... minus the IRS... made it a bitch to get it off the line.

If somebody handed my GM loyal ass a GT500 and said it was mine free of charge but I had to drive it for the next 5 years and couldn't own another car, I would in a heart beat. If I had to go buy one for 30 or 40k (I think they're more than that, but I'm being nice) I'd go pick up a used C5 Z06 instead.

P.s. If a Ford guy didn't bust on a GM guy or vice versa... I think something would be wrong... the FvC debate has been going on FOREVER!!!!
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

I remember when I was a kid in the 60's. Ford vs GM vs Mopar was always the big argument. The good thing is that the glory days of muscle cars are coming back. The cars back then were nothing more than huge engines with lousy suspensions and brakes. Todays cars are heads above them. I am looking forward to the new challenger (beautiful) and the new camaro (ugly as sin but quite a beast!)

In the spring we're gonna do an undersized pully, exhaust and tune. Maybe even do a Kenny Bell supercharger. We're getting about 8.5 on the boost now and much over 12 at this altitude (6K feet at Bandimere) would just be wasted in heat. The thing should put out about 650+ hp. You are right about the IRS. I can't get the car to hook up for anything, but once it gets going it goes like stink! We were turning 13.5 in the quarter mile at 112+ with 2.6 second 60 ft times. They should have been about 1.6 or so which would have gotten us into the high 12's with no problem.

I remember when I was a kid in the 60's. Ford vs GM vs Mopar was always the big argument. The good thing is that the glory days of muscle cars are coming back. The cars back then were nothing more than huge engines with lousy suspensions and brakes. Todays cars are heads above them. I am looking forward to the new challenger (beautiful) and the new camaro (ugly as sin but quite a beast!)

In the spring we're gonna do an undersized pully, exhaust and tune. Maybe even do a Kenny Bell supercharger. We're getting about 8.5 on the boost now and much over 12 at this altitude (6K feet at Bandimere) would just be wasted in heat. The thing should put out about 650+ hp. You are right about the IRS. I can't get the car to hook up for anything, but once it gets going it goes like stink! We were turning 13.5 in the quarter mile at 112+ with 2.6 second 60 ft times. They should have been about 1.6 or so which would have gotten us into the high 12's with no problem.
    Wow yeah, knocking 1 second off your 60' time would probably put you in the low 12s. I should see if I can find the video of my buddy in his neon (srt-4) beating a Ford GT40 in the 1/4. Granted it was the first weekend the guy had his gt40...

But now my buddy in the neon is running low 11s on a completely stock motor which is pretty impressive considering he pretty much doubled the stock hp and this car is still his daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Wow yeah, knocking 1 second off your 60' time would probably put you in the low 12s. I should see if I can find the video of my buddy in his neon (srt-4) beating a Ford GT40 in the 1/4. Granted it was the first weekend the guy had his gt40...

But now my buddy in the neon is running low 11s on a completely stock motor which is pretty impressive considering he pretty much doubled the stock hp and this car is still his daily driver.
    It takes a while to learn how to launch with all that torque. We have to feather the clutch all the way into 2nd gear otherwise we lose too much to wheel spin. I have a set of street slicks on order. That should help quite a bit, even in stock trim at this altitude.

I've chatted with a guy here who picked his up in Chicago and drove it out here. He says the performance at sea level is much stronger.
    Last edited by Shelby07; 11-05-2006 at 12:57 AM.

In case you haven't seen the concepts of the camaro and challenger yet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hemi392.1400.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0602_naias_s+2009_chevrolet_camaro_concept+side_front.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	411  

It takes a while to learn how to launch with all that torque. We have to feather the clutch all the way into 2nd gear otherwise we lose too much to wheel spin. I have a set of street slicks on order. That should help quite a bit, even in stock trim at this altitude.

I've chatted with a guy here who picked his up in Chicago and drove it out here. He says the performance at sea level is much stronger.
    Ahhh yes, having more torque than hp really sucks in a fwd. Lighting up the tires at 40mph is fun though

I forgot...CO is pretty high up eh?

In case you haven't seen the concepts of the camaro and challenger yet...
    I should start saving now for one of those Camaro's. Do you remember when they come out, was it 2007?

Blog Entries

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Thread Information