Thread: Help for a Canuck?

Question Help for a Canuck?

Well, I am really enjoying my cigar experiences. I've been testing a new cigar every night... I've got a couple of "best so far" I'm going to try again just to be sure I'm not tricking myself.

The one thing I've noticed is that cigars in Canada are much, much more expensive than those in the US. At least according to the sites I've been visiting.

Is it legal to import them? If it is, and I do, will I wind up paying all the same taxes at customs? If so, I'll just support the local shop. But damn... we really have to pay through the nose. It's not too big of a deal right now smoking relativley cheap cigars, but I can see a time when this could get very expensive.

What do you think... is there a way/place to get some better deals?

E.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ehl
    Well, I am really enjoying my cigar experiences. I've been testing a new cigar every night... I've got a couple of "best so far" I'm going to try again just to be sure I'm not tricking myself.

The one thing I've noticed is that cigars in Canada are much, much more expensive than those in the US. At least according to the sites I've been visiting.

Is it legal to import them? If it is, and I do, will I wind up paying all the same taxes at customs? If so, I'll just support the local shop. But damn... we really have to pay through the nose. It's not too big of a deal right now smoking relativley cheap cigars, but I can see a time when this could get very expensive.

What do you think... is there a way/place to get some better deals?

E.
    I don't know what your country's laws are regarding "importing" them.
    Canadian taxes on tobacco products are ridiculous.

Thread Information