Thread: Dell Notebooks

Default Dell Notebooks

anyone have a dell notebook? Just wondering if they're actually any good.

Blog Entries

IBM thinkpads are the way to go when it comes to laptops. I've owned 2 thinkpads and an HP. The durability of the thinkpads beats most of the competitors hands down.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I have a Dell Precision M60. I like it alright. I think if I were going to get another laptop, I would definnitely opt for something else though.

Dell laptops have the most bang for your buck on the market right now, but they have a very cheap feeling to them. The casing flexes very easily and doesn't feel durable at all. I've mostly used Vaio, HP/Compaq, and Dell laptops. I recently purchased a new HP/Compaq nx9030 because I liked the sturdy feel of the laptop, but I don't use it to replace my desktop.

Dell Laptops

Pros:
    Cheap
    Decent performance
    Average battery life

Cons:
    Cheap plastic
    Below average keyboard and touchpad
    Sub-par hard drive, faster replacements run hot

Blog Entries

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkonther...cs_of_the.html

That could be my next laptop ;-)

I havent been impressed with most of the tablet's out right now, but that just looks like it might work.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Well I used to sell for Dell and I agree and disagree with some of what has been said.

Dell laptops have the most bang for your buck on the market right now, but they have a very cheap feeling to them. The casing flexes very easily and doesn't feel durable at all.
    Most bang for your buck is definately correct. The flexing of the case and cheaper feel has been a common complaint that I have heard.

Pros:
    Cheap
    Decent performance
    Average battery life
    Cheap if meaning great price then I agree. Performance is like any other laptom in my opinion. Average battery life??? Actually thones I sold had better than average battery life and many publications rater the Dell very well with regard to its battery life.

But in the end, as with everything, you get what you pay for.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

One thing I can't complain about is the cheap feeling of my Dell. Mine is very solid and hefty feeling due to having a metal frame. Now the HD performance does leave a bit of room for improvement.

8. Default

Dell Inspiron 8200 here. Great little notebook and solid as a rock. Heavy though.

NA

Quote Originally Posted by samclemmons
    Dell Inspiron 8200 here. Great little notebook and solid as a rock. Heavy though.

NA

Me too, that's what I'm on right now....

Great computer, but it is a bit on the heavy side.

Get a Mac.........

i use to use Macs when i went to PTI. Is it you cant use mac work on windows, or windows wont work on macs?

also, can you only connect to the internet by phoneline and wireless? or could you use cable and sattilite also on notebooks

Iced T Guest

I've used a Vaio R505 series and that was a pretty solid computer. I hate cheap stuff. I recently got a Dell Inspiron 700m. It's well made at good for what I need. NO set up for our wireless network at home. I was surprised. I like Dells. Of course I have only used Winbook, Vaio and Dell.

i dont think dells are made very well. i used to work in a repair center for Intel, more than 80% of the boards needing repairs were DELL.

Thread Information