Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air purifier

Default Air purifier

Has anybody tried those auto air purifiers? I am skeptical, and before I spend the cash, I figured I would see if any of you have ever tried one. I do not currently smoke in my vehicle, but if this actually works, I may start. Thanks.

If you are talking about the Ionic Breeze by Sharper Image odr something similar, all of the reviews I read say that they don't work very well. They don't move enough air to be very effective and the ozone they emit can be harmful, at least the ones for your home.

Just open the windows and crank up the heater

Why smoke if you dont like the smoke?
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

i've only smoked in the car twice i believe. All you gotta do is crack that window a little and it will draw the smoke out. Seems it would be hard to make a machine that would allow you to smoke in an enclosed area and have it suck up all the smoke.

crack a window open will ya?
    -Space Ghost

If you were going to smoke in your car with all the windows up that would just be gross. I always though those things were more of a home device. I don't know how well they clean the air. I have heard they can't circulate that much air. So I guess turn a fan on to blow air into it and over time it may help. I saw a small one at Wal-Mart the other day for like 20 bucks.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    I love the smell of a fresh cigar and fresh smoke. But smoke particles get on surfaces and into fabrics. Then they get stale, and I don't like the smell of stale smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I love the smell of a fresh cigar and fresh smoke. But smoke particles get on surfaces and into fabrics. Then they get stale, and I don't like the smell of stale smoke.
    Agreed. It smells great while smoking. Its the next day that smells gross.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    Because I enjoy smoking cigars. I do enjoy the smoke, I however am not a fan of the stale smoke smell.

Thanks for the replies. I will stick to smoking outside of my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinF View Post
    Has anybody tried those auto air purifiers? I am skeptical, and before I spend the cash, I figured I would see if any of you have ever tried one. I do not currently smoke in my vehicle, but if this actually works, I may start. Thanks.
    Here's one I use in and out of the house. In the car it takes about 15 min to kill all the smoke smell. (That way when I borrow a friends car, they don't know I've been smoking!) Also I use it in my house weekly. about 45min twice a week kills my dog/cat odors, cigar/cigarette odors, and those bad cooking smells. It also happens to kill bacteria since it is alcohol based. And no not the kind you drink.

It's called Lampe Berger. Unfortunately it's french. But I have 2 and have gifted every member of my smoking family with one. :) And don't go out and buy the expensive ones unless you really have to have something that matches your decor. La Ti Da makes a knock off. If you ever buy one of those, go get the Lampe Berger wick for it. It'll last alot longer.

No I don't own stock in Lampe Berger, although I do sell them. Don't expect you to buy them from me..... Go EBAY!

My shop sells those I believe its high dollar stuff.
    End of line.

I smoke in my truck alot and I cant smell it at all the next day. I have some air fresheners in my truck though that work well. I think they are called California Scents or something like that.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Ya just roll the windows down for awhile. I do it now and when I was a kid I would smoke all kinds of stuff in my moms truck and she never said anything.
    End of line.

Blog Entries

I smoke in my cars quite regularly and yeah, it's noticable. Even if you were to use some kind of air purifier, chances are your car will still reek if you smoke in it regularly like I do which is pretty much every day. If it does bother you or other people who ride in your car, you've probably got the best idea, don't smoke in the car.

I smoke in my house too, down in the basement (a 26 x 30 finished room). I use hepafilters but even they don't remove the smell completely. Febreeze works wonders! Spraying some Febreeze after I smoke a cigar just about eliminates the smell even to the most discerning of noses.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 11-13-2006 at 02:21 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Default 2nd the febreeze

I use febreeze in my auto also....and it does work well. I smoke daily on my commute to/from work, about 25 min each way. I keep a small spray bottle in my car and mist the upholstery about every other day or so.

I'm gonna try the febreeze, thanks for the advice. I have leather in my Nissan, but even with all four windows fully open, I have to air my car out for several days to get the stale smoke smell out 99%. I know I will be trading my car in one day and I don't want the resale value affected.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigargirl View Post
    It's called Lampe Berger. Unfortunately it's french.
    Let's see, the French have given us:

1) Democracy
    2) Impressionist Art
    3) Champagne
    4) Modern Cuisine as we know it
    5) The Menage a Trois
    6) Existentialist Philosophy
    7) The Statue of Liberty
    8) Absinthe
    9) The modern Strip Tease
    10) Really bad films.

So why do so many Americans hate the French? Can't we forgive the nation that put the U.S. on the map for #10?

Me, I'm a total Francophile. I love all things French. The French rock. No matter how cool something is, it would be just a little bit cooler if only it was French.

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

As for the car...I just role the windows down when I'm smoking. The air moving in the front windows and out the back moves the smoke right out of the truck. After I'm done smoking I'll still leave the windows down for a good 10 min or so to get some more fresh air in the car. When I wash my truck I use the Febreeze Auto spray. You cant tell I've smoked in my truck at all.

As for the Lampe Berge...............those things are AWESOME. We have one in the house that gets lit every so often and it kills ANY odor in the house. We dont smoke in the house but man does it cover up everything after letting it do its things. They are well worth the $50

Quote Originally Posted by ScoopKW View Post
    Let's see, the French have given us:

1) Democracy
    2) Impressionist Art
    3) Champagne
    4) Modern Cuisine as we know it
    5) The Menage a Trois
    6) Existentialist Philosophy
    7) The Statue of Liberty
    8) Absinthe
    9) The modern Strip Tease
    10) Really bad films.

So why do so many Americans hate the French? Can't we forgive the nation that put the U.S. on the map for #10?

Me, I'm a total Francophile. I love all things French. The French rock. No matter how cool something is, it would be just a little bit cooler if only it was French.
    I don't hate the French. I just don't particularly like them. If I had my choice of spending $50 - $100 on something, I'd prefer it was made in the good ole US of A. :)

Quote Originally Posted by cigargirl View Post
    I don't hate the French. I just don't particularly like them. If I had my choice of spending $50 - $100 on something, I'd prefer it was made in the good ole US of A. :)
    Exactly...living in Canada I have developed a dislike for Quebec. Not saying I hate them, but it is definitely not on my top 10 list of places to visit.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

The ionic breeze works wonders with smoke, the only problem is you don't wanna have to clean it between every smoke.

Thread Information