Thread: I'm back

Default I'm back

Hey All,

Back from the trip - it was therapeutic to get away, and now finding it's therapeutic for me to be at work again.

Trip was good - though I have to say that I think Parisians are much much nicer than Romans. In fact, native Italians seem to all have a stick up their bum. Rude, obnoxious... yup. And I'm using New York cabbies or bankers as a comparison (sorry). But the food was good, sights were good, and I was able to catch up on some reading.

Took a Costa cruise as part of the trip - and for all y'all wanting to do a Mediterranean cruise, go with a carrier that primarily does North American cruises (NCL, Celebrity, Princess, etc.). We wanted the "Italian flare" and I got pretty lit up by it. There were 35 English speaking folks on board (including UK and US). All announcements were in (order): Italian, French, Spanish, German, English, and Japanese. And some times, they just left off the English and Japanese. Food was good, but by Italian standards - all meats (including in Rome) were served sliced "thin" - imagine a filet about 1/2 an inch thick, drizzled with a light sauce. Formal nights had no lobster. That being said, it was "new" and in that sense, adventurous.

Filled a 2GB card on my camera - pics to follow.

Sorry I've been out so long - working on scanning the VA pass pics today or tomorrow.

BTW - Barcelona had a lot of cigar shops - cheap - and prices were consistent across the board. If you do purchase any though, get them at Duty Free in the airport if you're hopping in between - you save 25% off some prices that we pay here to enjoy ours.

Missed y'all. Looking forward to reading up and catching up.

Cheers,

Paul
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Welcome back, buddy. Happy belated Anniversary to you and the Mrs.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

bigpoppapuff Guest

sounds like a good time...nice to have you back...

Glad to see you back Paul.

Sounds like an interesting trip.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    BTW - Barcelona had a lot of cigar shops - cheap - and prices were consistent across the board. If you do purchase any though, get them at Duty Free in the airport if you're hopping in between - you save 25% off some prices that we pay here to enjoy ours.
    I'll be in Barcelona on Saturday the 18th. Did any stores really stand out?

Welcome back Paul. Sounds like you had a great time.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Welcome back! Sounds like a great trip.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

8. Default

Welcome back...

Sounds like a great time. I cannot wait to see pictures. What sites did you go check out?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Welcome Back! :)

Welcome back Paul, can't wait to see some pics.

Welcome back Paul glad you liked the trip

Default Hey Paul

Paul Glad to see you had fun and made it back Ok. Everyone needs a vacation

Sounds like a great trip! I work in the travel business, so I second what you said about cruise liines. You'll probably have a better experience on a line that caters mostly to Americans, if you take Costa or any other line that has mostly Europeans, your experience will be different, just like he said.

Thread Information