Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SmokinDVM Suspension

Blog Entries

Default SmokinDVM Suspension

On October 19th, 2006 I sent you a PM. Here is part of the message that is relevant to the community:

you got to realize that this is a cigar community. I started this forum for like minded people to chat about cigars, not to debate politics. The politics forum is really meant to discuss the inevitable controversy that comes up with in the community, not what’s going on in the real world.

I don’t want tell you not to express your opinion, but several members are starting to get riled up about your posts, and I don’t want to loose you as a member.

You never responded in any way, shape, or form; why?

Since I sent that PM you survived a ban poll. Many of the members who voted for you to stay are quickly changing sides and calling for a permanent ban.

I’m going to suspend you for 14 days. Take some time to think about your membership here. Like I mentioned in my original PM to you, we are here to discuss cigars. We are not here to debate politics. Look what it has started, and what it has done to the community.

Cigarsmokers.com does not need this kind of discussion here. Period.

If this crap continues when/if you come back, I’m not going to think twice about banning you permanently.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

2. Default

Thanks hex...

Thank you.

Thanks
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Good move.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Default Thanks

Good Move Hex this guy is trouble from way back

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    The politics forum is really meant to discuss the inevitable controversy that comes up with in the community, not what’s going on in the real world.

That's not how it looks to me:

Politics (8 Viewing)
    Discussion of political matter and controversy.

Since I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the dittoheads here decide I have to be banned for the good of the community, I'd like some clarification please.

Is the politics forum for the "discussion of political matter and controversy?" Or is it only for "the inevitable controversy that comes up with in the community, not what’s going on in the real world?"

You haven't been paying attention. It's not his political views. It's the fact he is an abusive asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoopKW View Post

Politics (8 Viewing)

Since I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the dittoheads here decide I have to be banned for the good of the community, I'd like some clarification please.

Is the politics forum for the "discussion of political matter and controversy?" Or is it only for "the inevitable controversy that comes up with in the community, not what’s going on in the real world?"
    Exactly...he has had many warnings on his behavior. We will let you know when you cross the line and allow yourself to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    You haven't been paying attention. It's not his political views. It's the fact he is an abusive asshole.
    Exactly. The politics section wasn't a problem before, even with current events being the subject.
    End of line.

Blog Entries

Politics (8 Viewing)

CLICK HERE for your "clarification" liberal boy. Just for "clarification" purposes, I'll post it here for you to see.

http://www.answers.com/politics&r=67

Quote:

1. The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.
    2. The activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician, or political party: “All politics is local” (Thomas P. O'Neill, Jr.). “Politics have appealed to me since I was at Oxford because they are exciting morning, noon, and night” (Jeffrey Archer).
    3. The methods or tactics involved in managing a state or government: The politics of the former regime were rejected by the new government leadership. If the politics of the conservative government now borders on the repressive, what can be expected when the economy falters?
    4. Political life: studied law with a view to going into politics; felt that politics was a worthwhile career.
    5. Intrigue or maneuvering within a political unit or group in order to gain control or power: Partisan politics is often an obstruction to good government. Office politics are often debilitating and counterproductive.
    6. Political attitudes and positions: His politics on that issue is his own business. Your politics are clearly more liberal than mine.
    7. The often internally conflicting interrelationships among people in a society.

Although this forum was created for any political conversation. #7 is the reason this board was set up. If you don't want to be a part of these discussions, don't read these threads.

Have fun.
    As you can see, the definition of "politics" here on CigarSmokers has nothing to do with what you're whining about.

Do you have any other things that need "clarification?"

Good, I'm glad I was able to "clarify" things for you.....

Oh and skoop, I see you're pulling a "scotty" by bringing this thread completely "off topic" so would you be so kind as to not do that in the future? If you need "clarification" on something, start your own "clarification" thread. This thread is about SmokinDUMB's suspension which was long overdue in my opinion.

I'd like YOUR opinion about this. Do you think barry deserved to be given a 14 day "time out" by the site admin? If you don't think so, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the subject. While you and he obviously have the same poltical opinions based on your avatar, do you REALLY think barry wasn't out of line? My guess is you find absolutely nothing wrong with his behavior, do you?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 11-13-2006 at 08:43 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post

I'd like YOUR opinion about this. Do you think barry deserved to be given a 14 day "time out" by the site admin? If you don't think so, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the subject. While you and he obviously have the same poltical opinions based on your avatar, do you REALLY think barry wasn't out of line? My guess is you find absolutely nothing wrong with his behavior, do you?
    DVMs posts are just one side of a double-edged blade. You are (principally) the other edge.

I find it disturbing that one side of the political spectrum is allowed to post condescending, baiting, untrue, hurtful, ad hominem posts -- while other side is banned/suspended/chided for the same behavior.

DVMs posts are just one side of a double-edged blade. You are (principally) the other edge.

I find it disturbing that one side of the political spectrum is allowed to post condescending, baiting, untrue, hurtful, ad hominem posts -- while other side is banned/suspended/chided for the same behavior.
    Are you just trying to start shit??

I see you have learned much in your month and 3 days here

You need to go back and start over. Go to the members list, select SDMV, on the left of the page it will say somthing like find his posts. Click that, go back to his first and then read them all.

If you still don't get it then I'm sorry.

Blog Entries

Yeah, right?

Go back and look at barry's posts, he's been over the top since the day he got here. I kept my mouth shut and ignored him until only very recently (within the past month) when he continued to be over the top, vulgar, rude and an outright liar.

And I see you're just about as bad, I ask you a question and you completely ignore it and just try and start shit with me.

I'll ask you again, since you're obviously ignoring the questions:

1. Do you think barry deserved to be given a 14 day "time out" by the site admin?

2. While you and he obviously have the same poltical opinions based on your avatar, do you REALLY think barry wasn't out of line?

Just answer the questions and stop trying to "scotty" your way out of it. If you don't know what I mean by "scotty" it's a term we coined here for people like you who refuse to answer direct questions and just lie, misrepresent, deflect and try and change the subject and bring the discussion "off topic."

A simple "yes" or "no" for each of the two questions will suffice. My guess is you will once again refuse to answer my questions and respond with still more stupidity and bullshit.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

That's called a "double-edged blade"? Now could you please point out which side is posting "condescending", "baiting", "untrue", "hurtful", "ad hominem" posts and which side is being "banned/suspended/chided" for the same behavior. I'm confused... It's clearly the same side that's doing both.

Oh - and you forgot to add "disrespectful", "vulgar", and "obnoxious" to describe Barry's posts...

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Are you just trying to start shit??

I see you have learned much in your month and 3 days here

I don't see any bans or censures of the right wing of this board. If I'm mistaken, I'm sure y'all will be more than happy to correct me.

From where I sit, people can say whatever they please so long as it conforms to some neo-conservative playbook. If the left-wingers here (bigpoppapuff/DVM) do the EXACT SAME THINGS that the right wingers (Cigar No Baka/Coventry Cat) do, they're given the bum's rush.

I don't see any bans or censures of the right wing of this board. If I'm mistaken, I'm sure y'all will be more than happy to correct me.

From where I sit, people can say whatever they please so long as it conforms to some neo-conservative playbook. If the left-wingers here (bigpoppapuff/DVM) do the EXACT SAME THINGS that the right wingers (Cigar No Baka/Coventry Cat) do, they're given the bum's rush.

Here is an illustration. Does it help?

You're a dumbass. Barry's temp banning was about 2% politics and 98% spewing vileness, lies, and a genuine disregard for others, including you and me, on this board. This summary pretty much demonstrates how he was lying the whole fucking time about that stupid fucking bet, as well as how fucking wrong-headed Sid was to've brought it up in the first place.

Just stfu, quit crying, and chill the fuck out.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thread Information