Thread: Windows Vista Rules!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows Vista Rules!

It feels strangely like a cross between a Mac OS and Linux. Runs slightly slower than XP, but that is not too big of a concern. It is going to take a while to get used to, but my initial impression of it is good.

{*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

It appears to be quite a memory hog. I'd have at least 1GB of RAM to run it. It's very pretty with hi-res graphics and has quite a few bells and whistles. The new Office suite is very nice also.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    It appears to be quite a memory hog. I'd have at least 1GB of RAM to run it. It's very pretty with hi-res graphics and has quite a few bells and whistles. The new Office suite is very nice also.
    Ok, I take it back. Vista is a piece of shit. The only cool thing is that 3D windows thing, but other than that it is just another version of XP.

/format c:

I'm really wondering if I should even bother with Vista. Maybe I'll load it on an alternate boot drive when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cigargirl View Post
    I'm really wondering if I should even bother with Vista. Maybe I'll load it on an alternate boot drive when I get it.
    It looks pretty, but runs everything half as fast as XP. I hate XP, but I hate Vista more, and can't deal with Linux right now.

I'll probably wait for six months for y'all post-production beta testers to get their act and patches together.

that being said, it looks kinda cool...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    It feels strangely like a cross between a Mac OS and Linux. Runs slightly slower than XP, but that is not too big of a concern. It is going to take a while to get used to, but my initial impression of it is good.
    Windows Vista is the new Windows Millennium Edition (Remember Windows ME?)

I'm sticking with XP until Windows 7 hits Service Pack 1.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Thread Information