Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista Rules!

Default Windows Vista Rules!

It feels strangely like a cross between a Mac OS and Linux. Runs slightly slower than XP, but that is not too big of a concern. It is going to take a while to get used to, but my initial impression of it is good.

{*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

It appears to be quite a memory hog. I'd have at least 1GB of RAM to run it. It's very pretty with hi-res graphics and has quite a few bells and whistles. The new Office suite is very nice also.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    It appears to be quite a memory hog. I'd have at least 1GB of RAM to run it. It's very pretty with hi-res graphics and has quite a few bells and whistles. The new Office suite is very nice also.
    Ok, I take it back. Vista is a piece of shit. The only cool thing is that 3D windows thing, but other than that it is just another version of XP.

/format c:

I'm really wondering if I should even bother with Vista. Maybe I'll load it on an alternate boot drive when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cigargirl View Post
    I'm really wondering if I should even bother with Vista. Maybe I'll load it on an alternate boot drive when I get it.
    It looks pretty, but runs everything half as fast as XP. I hate XP, but I hate Vista more, and can't deal with Linux right now.

I'll probably wait for six months for y'all post-production beta testers to get their act and patches together.

that being said, it looks kinda cool...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    I'll probably wait for six months for y'all post-production beta testers to get their act and patches together.

that being said, it looks kinda cool...
    Umm...yeah..."post production beta test"

I always liked this pic:

Ubuntu + Beryl > Windows Vista.

Vista Sucks

Go Ubuntu

Blog Entries

Thanks for the input!

I'm kind of worried, I work for the Air Force is client support (read: help desk weenie) and we are about to start testing Vista, IE7 and Office 07. DoD plans on having them as the Standard Desktop Configuration by the end of the summer. It's going to suck because out of the thousands of pcs on the base here only maybe 25% are Vista ready.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Tucson Az (school) Hometown-Rancho Cucamonga Ca

From my experience Vista has terrible compatibility issues with a lot of drivers. Even if your computer does pass the vista readiness test, it doesn't insure you that everything will go smoothly. After installing vista on my laptop I couldn't get my video driver to work after trying for 3 days. I finally gave up and reformatted switching back to XP. If I were to ever get vista, it would be on a new computer that came with it pre-installed. Upgrading to it has caused nothing but problems for me as well has a few of my friends.

And yes, Ubuntu is pretty sweet.

I'll never get Vista, thinking of switching to a Mac for the first time ever. Microsoft made Vista downgrade the quality of your music and other media while playing, in an attempt to appease the recording industry. As I make backups of all the CD's I buy, they can go to hell, I will never buy an OS that screws with the quality of MY media when making backups.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

From what little I know about Vista, I'm not impressed.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Haven't used it or even seen it yet, really. But I've been told it has a lot of little features that are cool. For example, you can plug in a USB disk and use it as extra RAM. It has also been explained to me that it uses a lot of memory because unlike XP, when you start it up it pre-loads things like Office, etc. into the RAM so those things will load faster.

400 bucks seems like a rip to me, but it has already been completely cracked so if anything I'll probably just download it.
    End of line.

15. Default

i dont mind it. before i got it, everyone was complaining about it, but i haven't had any problems yet * knock on wood...i had to jump on the band wagon anyway, its what we use at work
    Live Life to the Fullest
    Tateossian

I have Vista on my PC and its just what one expects from Microsoft. If anyone is considering upgrading I would say wait another 6-months to a year till they work out most of the bugs. I still prefer my Mac, though I have heard about some problems even with there new OS (I haven't upgraded my Mac yet).

I recently upgraded to Vista and have very few complaints. There are some points where I come to a stand still, but the additional features and improved aesthetics make up for it. I enjoy trying new stuff, so maybe I just like the change.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    It feels strangely like a cross between a Mac OS and Linux. Runs slightly slower than XP, but that is not too big of a concern. It is going to take a while to get used to, but my initial impression of it is good.
    Windows Vista is the new Windows Millennium Edition (Remember Windows ME?)

I'm sticking with XP until Windows 7 hits Service Pack 1.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

I find windows vista completely unacceptable, and I understand it is not approved for business use yet.
    I work at a radio station and it is non-usable for recording and controlling networks.

I paid the extra cost and "downgraded" back to XP. It was an upgrade in my opnion. Vista Sucks. I even have 4G of memory.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Thread Information