Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the latest addition to your humidor?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I found out that putting cigars aside for that special moment tends to lead to just collecting cigars. It's a special moment anytime I can light one up and enjoy the moment. But that's me.
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    I found out that putting cigars aside for that special moment tends to lead to just collecting cigars. It's a special moment anytime I can light one up and enjoy the moment. But that's me.
    Just speaking for myself here, of course, but I have also found that it leads to disappointment. I'm not sure there is a cigar out there good enough to live up to the expectations I put on it when I've saved it like that. I've found the only reason I don't smoke certain ones is because I like to see them in my humidor and after I smoke them I won't see them there anymore. I do eventually get over that though, usually with the help of a few drinks that bring out my, "I just don't give a shit" attitude. Then they all are in danger, the date or the occasion doesn't much matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    Well, now... I was saving some cigars for a special occasion - and lookie here! It's a special occasion! No better reason for me to torch one than an old friends return!
    Last edited by ggiese; 03-13-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Picked these up today. Haven't had any of them and can't wait to try them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1510.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	3342

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma787 View Post
    Picked these up today. Haven't had any of them and can't wait to try them.

Name:	DSCF1510.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	3342
    Your going to love the alec bradley. I think thats the churchill, I had the gordo and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjavier8 View Post
    Your going to love the alec bradley. I think thats the churchill, I had the gordo and loved it.
    It's the torpedo. We'll see..
    All my ex's live in Texas.

A couple of Flor de Oliva non maduros.
    Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 03-29-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Picked these up at my favorite Smoker Friendly. I've never had the Red Witch or the Undercrown so I'm pretty stoked..

Name:  DSCF1521.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  2.2 KB

Got these from J&R's. "Imitation Cubans".. I was told they're decent smokes, the price point was dead on, and it got here in about a day. All pros in my book.

Name:	DSCF1529.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	3402

Was in the big city on Tuesday and stopped by my favorite B&M:

4 x Tabacalera (Phillipines) They're about 6" long and maybe 28 gauge.
    1 x LfD Chisel
    1 x Casa Magna Colorado Robusto
    1 x Rocky Patel The Edge 'Habano'
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Just bought a box of Partagas Black Label Tubos to my humidor. I'll let them rest a month or so then fire one up.

Sent from my Star Trek communicator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    My first cigar bomb from a BOTL on here. Thank you again.
    Wow. That is some nice stuff there, someone got you good. Enjoy it all thoroughly kind sir.
    Last edited by kingbeefy; 03-29-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Blog Entries

It's unfortunate that photo's were posted. Bad form. At least the sender wasn't identified.

Blog Entries

I think it is cool to see what people get sometimes as long as the sender is unknown it seems like there would be no harm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I think it is cool to see what people get sometimes as long as the sender is unknown it seems like there would be no harm.
    Good for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Good for you.
    Thanks?

I probably should explain further that I'm not trying to be contrarian, just trying to carry a conversation regarding that specific subject to help me understand why it is considered bad form here. I know you explained to me one time that the members here didn't like to have things like this posted to keep them from being hassled by moochers, I do understand that, but if the sender remains anonymous there wouldn't seem to be any potential for that to happen to the sender.
    Last edited by kingbeefy; 03-29-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Thanks?

I probably should explain further that I'm not trying to be contrarian, just trying to carry a conversation regarding that specific subject to help me understand why it is considered bad form here. I know you explained to me one time that the members here didn't like to have things like this posted to keep them from being hassled by moochers, I do understand that, but if the sender remains anonymous there wouldn't seem to be any potential for that to happen to the sender.
    You're right that the sender was not directly identified with the pic. That doesn't mean he's not identified though.

There are other factors besides exposure to moochers, like......what if you sent bombs to a couple of people. Would you want them comparing the "quality" of their bombs? All it takes to get that kinda shit started is one pic. Now, consider that maybe you've been a member of the board for several years and have sent, seriously, dozens of packages of cigars out. This could embarrass the sender, cause hard feelings etc.,etc.....

Personally, I make a post saying thanks to the brother....unless there is a note that tells me not to, which happens more often than you might imagine.
    Last edited by ashauler; 03-29-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: left a word out....no, it wasn't fuck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    You're right that the sender was not directly identified with the pic. That doesn't mean he's not identified though.

There are other factors besides exposure to moochers, like......what if you sent bombs to a couple of people. Would you want them comparing the "quality" of their bombs? All it takes to get that kinda shit started is one pic. Now, consider that maybe you've been a member of the board for several years and have sent, seriously, dozens of packages of cigars out. This could embarrass the sender, cause hard feelings etc.,etc.....

Personally, I make a post saying thanks to the brother....unless there is a note that tells me not to, which happens more often than you might imagine.
    I appreciate the explanation. That all makes sense. Thanks man.

Blog Entries

I was cleaning out the basement yesterday and opened an old cooler that I thought was empty. Inside were five boxes of cigars that I had forgotten that I had. :-).

Got a couple of fivers

Diesel Hair of the Dog
    NUB Cameroon

Thread Information