Page 117 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2631

Thread: What's the latest addition to your humidor?

These came in today.. Haven't tried either. Any thoughts on what I should expect?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1518.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	3365
    All my ex's live in Texas.

I just returned from a week in Savannah, GA and while there stocked up at Savannah Cigars located in City Market in the historical district (about a block from my hotel).

I returned with:

1 box (x 25) Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Natural
    1 box (x 25) Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maduro
    1 box (x 25) Oliva Series V Maduro Belicoso
    1 box (x 10) Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 (in glass tubes)
    4 x Cusano CC Churchill
    3 x JdN Antano 1970 Churchill
    3 x JdN Antano Dark Corojo
    5 x an assortment of small cigars for my wife's "minion" (he works for her) who likes little cigars to round out the 100 I was allowed to bring back duty free.

I cleaned out what they had available in the JdN's and the CC's.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Picked these up at my favorite Smoker Friendly. I've never had the Red Witch or the Undercrown so I'm pretty stoked..

Name:  DSCF1521.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  2.2 KB

Blog Entries

I was cleaning out the basement yesterday and opened an old cooler that I thought was empty. Inside were five boxes of cigars that I had forgotten that I had. :-).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I was cleaning out the basement yesterday and opened an old cooler that I thought was empty. Inside were five boxes of cigars that I had forgotten that I had. :-).
    I wish this would happen to me. :)

Got a couple of fivers

Diesel Hair of the Dog
    NUB Cameroon

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I wish this would happen to me. :)
    LOL

Me too!

I'm waiting/hoping for the day where I have a couple coolerador's and my 500 count all nicely full so I can bomb people out of the blue and participate in newbie samplers, passes and PIF's. Sadly, it's going to be some time before I get there.

Blog Entries

I actually don't have a lot of different cigars. I'd have a lot less cigars if I didn't want to sit on most Cubans for at least five years before smoking. If I didn't have a preference for aged ISOM's, I'd only need a desktop humidor with mostly Padron regular series and a few Oliva and Fuente, and that's it.

I know lots of folks like a lot of variety, but not me these days. To each their own.

Wow, what a find!!! Those few boxes are like free boxes if you forgot about them!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I actually don't have a lot of different cigars. I'd have a lot less cigars if I didn't want to sit on most Cubans for at least five years before smoking. If I didn't have a preference for aged ISOM's, I'd only need a desktop humidor with mostly Padron regular series and a few Oliva and Fuente, and that's it.

I know lots of folks like a lot of variety, but not me these days. To each their own.

As much as I'd like to have some 5 year old Cuban's in my stash, that's not going to happen until I can afford to stock up with enough to actually have them last that long.........LOL I have some RyJ Churchill's that are at least 6 months old and should still have some a full year after they were bought. But I'm 100% sure none will make it to two

Mostly all I have in my humi are my favorites.........oddly enough, all the same ones you mentioned. I don't need a whole lot of variety to be happy, but I have noticed as I try more new to me cigars, I find more I like.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    As much as I'd like to have some 5 year old Cuban's in my stash, that's not going to happen until I can afford to stock up with enough to actually have them last that long.........LOL I have some RyJ Churchill's that are at least 6 months old and should still have some a full year after they were bought. But I'm 100% sure none will make it to two

Mostly all I have in my humi are my favorites.........oddly enough, all the same ones you mentioned. I don't need a whole lot of variety to be happy, but I have noticed as I try more new to me cigars, I find more I like.
    I hear you! I was of the same mind as you until I acquired a few "aged" cigars. I have happily burned quite a few of them, but now have a significant stock of 5+ year old cigars (including some very incredible Davidoff's and Cohiba 75th Anni) which I REALLY hate to smoke except in the most special of circumstances.

Stopped by a B&M in Avon today and picked up a few different sticks to try. Hopefully they are as good as I have been told.

Brickhouse Gordo
    MUWAT Churchill
    Arturo Fuente Queen B

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 :
    As much as I'd like to have some 5 year old
    Cuban's in my stash, that's not going to
    happen until I can afford to stock up with
    enough to actually have them last that
    long.........LOL
    (end quote)

FWIW, I don't think properly aged cigars are 'better' - but the flavours are different, and some people prefer those flavours. For example, I am not convinced that Padron 1926's are better with years of age. OTOH, I like to see at least a year (from rolling) on pretty much any cigar.

The thing I have found with the ISOMs that I have had is there is one pretty good taste for fairly young cigars, and then there is a period that they aren't that great, then they come back awesome for a while, then they start to dissipate, and then, people say, the cycle repeats, but over a longer time frame.

So the idea is to buy two boxes at the same time, and sample from one until the flavour is where you want it. That's obviously pricey if you go with the main brands. However, I stayed playing with aging with two cardboard 5-packs of JLP's - smoking from one pack every six months or so and seeing how the flavour changed over a couple of years. (Due to their construction, JLP's are going to be pretty consistent within a box, and age relatively quickly. Consistency between years is another story. :-)

Currently down in Seattle and picked up the following yesterday:

Camacho Havana Monarca
    Padron 2000 Natural
    Padron 2000 Maduro
    JDN Antano Belicoso
    My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto
    Flor de las Antillas Toro
    DPG Cabinet Exquisitos Blue Label
    Berger & Argenti Entubar Gran Toro
    Padron 5000 Maduro
    Padron 4000 Natural

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

15. Default

Nothing But Swag and Aging Room cigars here at our Humidor @ BoutiqueBlendsCigarsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8314.jpeg 
Views:	378 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	3381

Quote Originally Posted by boutiqueblendscigars View Post
    Nothing But Swag and Aging Room cigars here at our Humidor @ BoutiqueBlendsCigarsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8314.jpeg 
Views:	378 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	3381
    Very nice first post in our community!!!

A nice present from my cousin arrived today. Cohiba Esplendido. Now off the enjoy one.

A Buyer's Guide Sampler #33 (Famous Smoke) and of course a fiver of my fav..

Name:	DSCF1527.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	3387

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma787 View Post
    A Buyer's Guide Sampler #33 (Famous Smoke) and of course a fiver of my fav..

Name:	DSCF1527.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	3387
    Nice selection. I was very impressed with the La Riqueza I tried.

Mark

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

Blog Entries

I added some space to my humidor.

Thread Information