Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
Concerning bringing/smoking Cubans in the US - Who knows what's going on here at any one given moment. One minute it's not okay - then it is - then it's not. Your guess is as good as ours. The official answer is probably not, but I've been back and forth over the border and I sense they're more interested in finding explosives rather than Cuban cigars...

On a recent trip to Victoria, BC I brought back about 15 CC's. I think if you keep it "reasonable" it should not be an issue.

That's kind of what I was thinking.

I'll call the border crossing (US side of course) a week or so before I leave and talk to an actual border crossing agent and find out "for sure" before leaving. I won't be bringing a lot, but I wouldn't mind tossing 3 or 4 Cuban's in the travel humidor.

I did call last year before going and I had to laugh, the border crossing guy told me it was still illegal to bring Cuban's into the US but then said, "Of course, if they have no band on them, they could be from anywhere" LOL

But I won't risk making crossing the border any harder by trying to sneak a Cuban in if it's still illegal. My wife would kill me if I did anything to make it a hassle at the border.