Thread: Habanos Puros Fuerte

Blog Entries

Default Habanos Puros Fuerte

Here is my first attempt at a review. I smoked this cigar as the first cigar of the day on Saturday around 7 a.m., beverage was hot, black coffee. I took the band off, taped it to a 3 x 5 card and wrote the review. I finally had time to post the thread.

size: Siglo 5 1/2 x 54

Appearance: This is a very dark colored cigar, looks and feels a little oily. The cigar is very firm along the entire length, but does yield a little to pressure. No soft spots or cracks observed. The veins that are visible are pretty small, and don't make the cigar "bumpy" or affect the feel of the cigar in the hand at all.

Pre-light aroma is very pleasant, smelling slightly of cedar but the most prominent is the "sweet" tobacco smell. Draw was just about perfect for me, not too easy, and not an eye-popper either, just some slight resistance

The light was easy and the burn was even for the first third of the smoke. The cedar that was present pre-light is more prominent as the smoke is burning. The flavor is very full and I seem to detect some chocolate with the cedar. The ash is tight and a mottled dark gray with "splotches" of darker black within it. I knocked the ash off after about 1 1/2" though it was not in danger of falling off.

About 1/2 way into the cigar the burn worked towards uneven and required touch up with the lighter. After the touch up the burn stayed even for the remainder of the cigar. The flavor is staying consistent, though the strength of this cigar is evident. I am feeling some tingling in my lips, and some bite in the back of my throat along with a slight nicotine buzz, but nowhere near an unpleasant sensation. My coffee doesn't appear to be overwhelming the taste of the cigar, or vice-versa. The pairing is pretty enjoyable, especially since it is nice and warm in my workshop (about 40 outside), the dogs are laying quietly beside me, and the wife is still in bed!!

The chocolate flavor is deepening for me, and the cedar has remained constant throughout. I wish I had a better palate and could identify more varied flavors for you, but I'm just not that evolved yet. I did smoke this to the nub though and was very relaxed, with a slight nicotine and caffeine buzz, and prepared to face the day of honey-do's when I finally had to put it down.

This is the second Habanos Puros Fuerte that I have smoked, and it remains one of my favorites, if not the favorite cigar I have experienced to date.

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being best, I would have to give this one an 8......just since I know I haven't but scratched the surface of cigar smoking and want to leave room for better rating cigars...since I am confident they are out there.

I would be interested to hear any other impressions of this cigar from anyone who has smoked them.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

It sounds like a cigar that I'd enjoy. I've certainly learned that I like the fuller body cigars,particularly with pronounced chocolate notes.

I may have to go to the devil site to see if I can win an auction of these.

Blog Entries

these bad boys are on sale at Mr. Bundles
    http://www.mrbundles.com/index.php/cPath/8_217

Good smoke, imho, for the $$.

I've smoke a few of these. I really like them and at 5 bucks you can't go wrong.

Edit -

The #4 is a nice PC for the winter.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 11-09-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I've smoke a few of these. I really like them and at 5 bucks you can't go wrong.

Edit -

The #4 is a nice PC for the winter.
    That's exactly what I just pickedup.......$71 and change shipped box of 25.

Blog Entries

Jamie, I smoked the Habanos Puros PC you sent, and I have to say this was a most enjoyable cigar

Very well constructed, and for a pettit corona, it never got hot or harsh, something I've noticed with smaller ring cigars. wish it had lasted longer

Thanks for the fine smoke,

and for putting another item on my "MUST BUY" list
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Glad you liked it!!

Thread Information