Thread: Partagas Shorts

Default Partagas Shorts

Cigars - From OCT05. No plume present. I would have to say it is one of my favorite cigars, in my top 10. Because it is so small, the flavor profile does not change much. You can expect the cigar to be great tasting. Upon lighting, my first thoughts are of black pepper and classic Partagas flavor. Over the course of the cigar, the peppery character toned down but overall the cigar intensified with more complexity....woodsy, spicy, creamy. The cigar just kept getting better and better towards the end. I would love to try another one in a year but I doubt seriously my box will last that long.

Blog Entries

You've probably seen my rants about these before but MAN, I really don't like these cigars. The RASCC, BCJ and SCdlH El Principes are the same vitola (minuto) and in my opinion are all far better than Party Shorts.

But hey, smoke what you like and like what you smoke. I would only suggest that you smoke a box of each one of the cigars I mentioned then see if you still think the Party Shorts are in your top ten. Odds are the ole Partys will drop out.

As far as putting some age on these, some if not many guys will tell you that all of the minutos get better with age. Personally I don't think so but that's because I generally prefer younger cigars anyway. OCT 05 is plenty of enough age for these and I wouldn't expect that you'd notice much of a difference in a year.

Smoke 'em NOW!!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 11-13-2006 at 01:52 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    and in my opinion are all far better than Party Shorts.
    apparently, you haven't seen my party shorts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    apparently, you haven't seen my party shorts.
    LMAO!! I'm not sure I want to...
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

aw, but i must.

Hey CC.

I have smoked through a box+ of the SCDlH El Principe, and am busy smoking through second boxes of the Partagas and the Ramon Allones. I reckon that the Partagas easily carries it's place in this vitola. While it is not quite as refined as the Principe or the RASCC it is kind of in a different flavour bracket. I have also found that the draw of the short is generally superior to the others.

I have not really smoked enough of the Bolivars to comment.

Cheers, Stjohn

You've probably seen my rants about these before but MAN, I really don't like these cigars. The RASCC, BCJ and SCdlH El Principes are the same vitola (minuto) and in my opinion are all far better than Party Shorts.

But hey, smoke what you like and like what you smoke. I would only suggest that you smoke a box of each one of the cigars I mentioned then see if you still think the Party Shorts are in your top ten. Odds are the ole Partys will drop out.

As far as putting some age on these, some if not many guys will tell you that all of the minutos get better with age. Personally I don't think so but that's because I generally prefer younger cigars anyway. OCT 05 is plenty of enough age for these and I wouldn't expect that you'd notice much of a difference in a year.

Smoke 'em NOW!!
    Last edited by stjohnroe; 11-13-2006 at 12:07 PM.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

HAHA, that's hilarious. Saw the same picture in another forum. Funny shiz niz!

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    aw, but i must.

My screen cracked!

I like them all. I grabbed some RASCC about 4 to 5 months ago, they are 05's. They are awesome. The wrappers are already really oily and some plume, just a bit, is starting to rise. Love these. I have to get some more. I may have to be "that guy" and scoop up some poor, unsuspecting vendors entire inventory. Not that they will have many boxes anyway.

Oh, and I'm not telling where or when Bill.

Nice shorts btw

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Nice shorts btw
    thank you.

I was totally not expecting that, and I saw it on an empty tank with three coffees down.

Smoke 'em NOW!!
    I've had the Ramon Allones before and while it was good it wasn't spicy enough for me to be great, which is one of my judging factors. Just my personal taste. I haven't had the El Principe, only the Oficios from that line. Like before, good smoke, not spicy enough. I'll be sure to give the Principe a try!

Quote Originally Posted by cls515 View Post
    I've had the Ramon Allones before and while it was good it wasn't spicy enough for me to be great, which is one of my judging factors. Just my personal taste. I haven't had the El Principe, only the Oficios from that line. Like before, good smoke, not spicy enough. I'll be sure to give the Principe a try!

Personally, the La Fuerza is my fav. of the SCDLH line.

While I love the taste of these, I often think they are too small and are harder to smoke. But good I guess for quickes.

Just shot you a PM. Nice to see you back in these parts KB.

Shit me! good to see you back!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayakinboy View Post
    While I love the taste of these, I often think they are too small and are harder to smoke. But good I guess for quickes.

Haven't had one in in a while, but I have a fiver in the humi waiting for a sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Personally, the La Fuerza is my fav. of the SCDLH line.

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Haven't had one in in a while, but I have a fiver in the humi waiting for a sunny day.
    Although a slightly larger size, I prefer the SCDLH Oficios to Party shorts...especially Chris's party shorts
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Although a slightly larger size, I prefer the SCDLH Oficios to Party shorts...especially Chris's party shorts
    I just revisited the oficios. They are spicier than what I remembered, I guess the chocolaty/coffee flavor throws it off for me. I like a traditional tobacco flavored cigar with some spice. The shorts are closer to my preference.

Thread Information