Thread: Tunneling?

Default Tunneling?

I just finished off a Raphael Gonzalez Marquez (Panatella). It was the strongest smoke I've tried so far I think. While I really enjoyed the taste of this smoke and the punch it packed, I could not keep it lit properly. The smoke is the only one I've tried so far which has tunneled on me. This made the experience less than what it could have been.

I have to smoke outside and it was a little breezy. Could this be the problem? Could it be a bad light? It took about 30 minutes to smoke which I think is about right for this cigar... so I don't think I smoked too fast.

What is it that could lead to this tunneling effect?

I've found that in colder weather I have more trouble with tunneling. So the wind and temp may have played a factor in it.

3. Default

Sounds like the wrapper is to moist. Dry box them for a day before you smoke em. Also you might want to adjust the humidity in your humidor. Cigars smoke better at 65% IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Sounds like the wrapper is to moist. Dry box them for a day before you smoke em. Also you might want to adjust the humidity in your humidor. Cigars smoke better at 65% IMHO.
    I think I am going to try your advice on that sarge....my humi seems to settle really well in that range anyway. Thanks.

Thread Information